sobota, 1 sierpnia 2026

My Message - Chapter II and III



Chapter II
A man sat in the room, smoking another cigarette. A moment later, a woman joined him. They both looked tired. They were silent for several long minutes.
"What else do you want from me? Isn't it enough that I agreed to the divorce?
" "You had no choice, you had to agree.
" "Remember once and for all—I don't have to do anything."
Yes, these were Ania's parents. They were arguing, which hadn't been unusual in recent weeks. Well, it wasn't every day that people split up. It all started a few weeks ago. A woman on a tram, still insignificant at the time. Over time, she started dating Ania's father. An initial innocent flirtation soon turned into an affair. The man decided to divorce so he could start a life with someone else. The news hit Ania and her mother like a blow. Now they were both accustomed to the fact that they would soon be alone.
"What else do you want? An apartment?
" "I don't want that damn apartment.
" "So what's the point?" The woman lit a cigarette. The man stared at his hands. He didn't know how to tell his wife about his proposal. Even though they were no longer together, he didn't want to hurt her too much. After all, they had been together for over eighteen years.
"Why the hell are you silent?" the woman shouted.
"Don't shout, I have a headache.
" "I'll give you some aspirin, would you like it?" the woman asked calmly.
"If you can..."
The woman disappeared into the kitchen, finding the last pill in the medicine cabinet. A moment later, she returned to the room with a pill and a glass of water.
"Here, that should help
." "Thank you.
" "What do you see in her, Wojtek?" the woman asked unexpectedly.
"What I once saw in you, Agnieszka.
" "Getting back to the point, what do you want?
" "I don't know how to tell you.
" "Preferably quickly, because I can't stand it anymore.
" "Fine. I don't want an apartment or anything else. I just want Ania to live with me."
For a moment, the woman couldn't believe what she had just heard. Wasn't it enough for him that she had agreed to a divorce? Ania is the only piece of Wojtek she has left. She didn't want to lose her.
"I disagree. Ania is also my daughter."
At that moment, the sound of a door opening could be heard in the hallway. The girl in the black dress entered the room.
"Let her decide for herself. Ania, tell us, who do you want to live with, me or your father?"
"Don't you understand how I feel right now? My boyfriend... is dying, and you demand answers from me to your cruel questions. This is not what I expected from you, not this..."
The girl went to her room. On the table next to the bed stood a photograph of her and Michał embracing in the park. Ania took the photo and held it to her heart. Tears streamed down her cheeks. Memories flashed through her mind like film frames. She remembered their vacations together in Zakopane, long walks along the Vistula River, meetings at the cinema, for ice cream, the group's trip to Krakow.
Just a week ago, they had been walking along the riverbank, holding hands and talking. That day, they had been making plans for a long-awaited vacation. All of this had happened only a week ago, and now...
"Why, Michał? Why did you leave me..."
The girl looked around the room. Suddenly, her gaze fell on the white teddy bear Michał had given her a month ago for her birthday.
*
"Happy birthday, Ania," the boy said, handing the teddy bear to the girl.
* Thank you, my love
. * You don't have to thank me. I love you.
* I love you too, * the girl said, throwing her arms around the boy's neck.
*
The memories caused Ania a pain she couldn't soothe. A few days ago he was still alive, and today... he's gone?!
A man entered the room and sat on the bed next to the girl.
"I'm sorry. Your mom and I are thinking about our problems, forgetting about you. However, we both feel sorry for you and we're with you. I really am so sorry.
" "Dad," the girl said, hugging her father. The man stroked her hair, and she cried in his arms.

Chapter III
Dawid walked with his arm around Karolina. He decided to walk her home. He didn't want to leave her alone now. Suddenly, Krzysiek and his friends appeared from around the corner.
"Look, the nigger picked up a girl, and not just any girl.
" "Get away from us. We want to go home now .
" Krzysiek, you can insult me ​​all you want, but stay away from Karolina.
"Guys, you hear me, the nigger is threatening me. I don't think he's gotten hit in a while." Krzysiek and his friends laughed.
"I don't want to fight," David said. "Leave us alone."
"You heard me, the nigga doesn't want to fight," Krzysiek sarcastically said. "It's probably high time to hit him. "
The guy tried to hit Dawid, but Karolina suddenly stood between them.
"Krzysiek, please, leave us alone," the girl said
. "Get out of my way if you don't want to get hit too."
Despite the threat, Karolina remained standing between the guys. Krzysiek pushed her, and the girl fell to the ground.
"I told you, stay away from Karolina!" Dawid punched Krzysiek in the face. Blood gushed from the guy's nose, which he wiped with his sleeve.
"You'll regret it, nigga. You weakling, the girl has to defend him.
" "Are you okay?" Dawid asked, helping the girl to her feet.
"Everything's okay.
" "Karolina, you don't have to defend me, I can handle myself.
" "I won't let you hurt my friends." Dawid hugs her.
Soon after, David said goodbye to the girl at the bus stop. She wanted him to go home. He didn't have the strength to argue with her, so he went home.
"Are you already, son?
" "Yes, the funeral's over. I walked Karolina to the bus. I feel sorry for Ania; I think Michał's death affected her the most.
" "You all took it very hard. Shall I get you some soup?
" "No, Mom." He kissed his mother's forehead. "I'd like to be alone in my room now.
" "If you need anything, just say so.
" "Thank you, Mom."
The boy got up from the table and went to his room, where he immediately threw himself on the bed. He stared at the ceiling for a long time, as if searching for traces of his friend's presence there. It was hard for him to think that he would never see him again. He could tell Michał anything; he could always listen and give advice. Dawid felt as if someone had cut out a fragment of his friends' lives. Ania and Michał had always been the perfect couple, and now everything had fallen apart. The boy knew things would never be the same again. Tears welled up in his eyes. He squeezed his eyes shut, and after a moment, he opened them. He grabbed his favorite book. He tried to drown out his suffering. After a moment, however, he tossed the book aside. He could no longer hold back the tears...
A little girl, a few years old, entered the room. The boy didn't even notice.
"Why are you crying?"
"Vanessa, when did you come in?
" "Little brother, why are you so sad?
" "You won't understand.
" "Mom said someone died, is that why you're crying?" "When Michał comes, he promised to draw me a picture
." "Myszka, Michał won't come here anymore."
- But he promised... - she said with a note of complaint
- Michał will never come here again, because... he, because he is dead.
Tears flowed down the girl's cheeks
- Don't cry, come to me - the boy hugged the girl - I love you, little one
- I love you too, little brother...
They both sat hugging each other, united in grief over the loss of their friend...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz