sobota, 29 stycznia 2022

Once we found our apartment, we went inside shivering

There was no electricity for the entire two days and we had the usual supply in the refrigerator. We were very happy and glad to find the building staff to clean everything up.

Jack and I climbed onto the roof and stood there, grief-stricken. Our wonderful World Trade Center is gone. Instead, there was a large, black, burned-out hole filled with tons of rubble. Many people were working at full speed clearing up the rubble, still hoping to find someone alive. Rescue dogs were brought in, also courageously helping with the cleaning. No one was found.

That night in our apartment we fell asleep with great difficulty. I slept briefly before I woke up. I was tempted to enter the living room. Sleeper than awake, I realized that the room was full of smoke, but not physical. She realized that the room was full of ghosts ... mostly firefighters!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz