niedziela, 13 września 2026
Cherry Tomato Tartine with Aioli and Smoked Salmon for dinner.
This was from The Fishwife Cookbook. My newest cookbook. I found it with the help of CookShelf. I was searching for sandwich recipes, and this was the first one that popped up. I’m rediscovering my cookbooks with it. I really wanted to get back to cooking. Especially after getting a new oven. (A new refrigerator helps, too.) Interestingly, I didn’t need the oven for it. Anyways, I think this might be the first time I’ve had a tartine like this. It has cherry tomatoes marinated briefly in flaky sea salt, black pepper, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. I used slightly less tomatoes. I didn’t fry the bread, but toasted some sourdough. I found an already made aioli. The only difference was the store bought one had herbs mixed in. I think that enhanced it more. I used less than it called for. It used their own Fishwife tinned smoked salmon. That was interesting. I’m not used to using fresh marjoram. They said if I couldn’t find that, I could use fresh oregano instead. It had me assemble it as the sourdough on the bottom, a layer of aioli, a layer of the tomatoes, a layer of smoked salmon, marjoram sprinkled on top, and finally some more black pepper on top. It looked kind of fancy to me. It said it was for either a very hungry individual or for 2 as a moderate lunch. I had the whole thing. I think it was a filling dinner, but not as big as I expected. A bit hard to eat. It was very good, though. I like my pic more than the one in the cookbook. Oh, and it was pretty quick to make.
Subskrybuj:
Komentarze do posta (Atom)
-
Ingredients: 4 large egg whites, room temperature 1 cup superfine sugar 1 tsp cornstarch 1 tsp white vinegar 1/2 tsp orange blos...
-
"Angeline also mentioned a prince today. She can't think about anyone else, it's always prince and prince... who is he and wher...
-
I'd known my friend Amelia for many years, since early childhood. Our parents were friends, we were similar ages, so we'd seen each ...
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz