niedziela, 13 września 2026

This month’s Universal Yums is on the Netherlands

. I think they’ve done it before, but I think this one’s different. There’s a landmark map, and a snack review section on the other side. No stickers this time. There’s a booklet. I noticed there isn’t a trivia section this time. I liked the trivia on previous countries. For dinner they had AVG’tje. An acronym: aardappels (potatoes), vlees (meat), groente (vegetables). Breakfast: spread of meat, cheese, bread, butters, jellies, jams, and yogurt. Lunch: cold sandwich, sausage roll, or a salad of diced vegetables with mayo dressing. Dessert: apple fritters, apple tart, and Dutch stroopwafel. Yum: lekker. They discuss Global Spices That Define Dutch Cuisine: cinnamon, nutmeg, and coffee. Something on licorice. There are descriptions of each snack. The recipes were for Orsaderolltjes (Almond Rolls) and Stamppot (mashed potatoes with other vegetables and sausage on top). Both sound amazing! There’s a maze, which is pretty easy. I wonder if they’ll have something like that in the future again? There are nutrition facts and ingredients for each snack. I can eat them all this time. I’m a little weary of the licorice candy. I haven’t liked real licorice in the past, but I’m willing to try it again. Interesting there are Gouda cheese crackers. I think I might have had that before. There’s also cheese filled pretzels. Those I haven’t had before. Seems interesting. One of the potato chips is truffle flavored, the other one has rosemary. The car gummies don’t have gelatin, which is a plus to me. There are spice cookies. I think I’ve had the peanut cookies and lemon white chocolate chip ones. I think I liked them. There are cola candies. I’m not sure about those. I’ve had stroopwafels before, and it’ll be great to have again. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz