"Hello," I said. "Good morning... can I get Mom on the phone? Of course, I'm going to call her now," I said. I was sitting in the living room, repeating a poem for the recitation competition, when Mom came in and said, "You know, Monika, your classmate... Mom, she's not my friend," I didn't let Mom get a word in. "Okay, so Monika's mom is my friend." "Yes, I know, you come to each other every day. Yes, she has to go to her mother for two weeks, who's sick, but Monika doesn't want to go, and besides, she's bad at math and would fall behind... So Monika will stay with us for two weeks. But Mom," I said indignantly, "my birthday's next week... Well, you can invite her. Okay. In the morning, Mom, I'm afraid something will go wrong... My daughter, don't worry. Okay," I said without conviction.
Luckily, it's all over... it didn't go so well, but I'll get through it...
Honey, you know, Monika's coming tomorrow... you'll sleep together in your room..." Mom said. And I immediately ran upstairs and started cleaning... and I had to, because I'm a terrible messy person... Everyone might not like me... but I won't let them know I'm a messy person!!!
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz