poniedziałek, 22 września 2025

Alkadia part 10


Kryspin slept a peaceful, heavy sleep, dreamless. Suddenly he felt he was awake and could open his eyes. He did so with some reluctance, and was surprised to find that his eyelids weighed a hundred kilograms. He tried to look around the room, but he couldn't move his head. Nor his arms, nor his legs. It was as if his entire body were made of lead. All he could do was think. He wondered where he was, what had happened. How it had happened. He remembered. He had run, fallen into the water, drowned, flown, returned, but... why? How was that possible? What had driven him to do this? A tear rolled down his cheek. That was all he was capable of. He remembered now. Grief and despair were tearing his soul to pieces. Sobbing choked his throat. He couldn't say anything.
A figure appeared in the doorway. She came closer, and then he recognized Wandria standing in the dark. She sat down on the bed beside him and wiped the tears from his face with her finger. She smiled in the darkness.
"I wish I could talk to you so much... There are so many things I'd like to tell you..."
Kryspin froze. He's deaf... He's consumed by fever and delirious. He's asleep and dreaming a very realistic dream. No, he's definitely dreaming. There's no other option.
Meanwhile, the girl reached out and stroked the boy's hair.
"Why do you have to leave? You're the only person I can trust with everything. You can't leave me. You can't do this to me..." "
There are things beyond our control. My departure is such an independent matter. I have a task to complete. I can't fail," Kryspin said in response to Wandria's next thoughts. He was still puzzled by how he could hear HER THOUGHTS. It was against all laws, after all. She thought so too, because she suddenly jumped up.
"I don't understand... He answered my thoughts! I just... Oh gods, what's going on? I don't understand something..." "
You're not the only one," the boy said.
"You're hearing MY thoughts? Impossible..."
- But true... ? Kryspin smiled.
"But how so? Why? It's so... so..."
- Impossible? - he asked
. "Well..." the girl smiled. "But at the same time... nice. Finally, I have someone... to talk to... All my life I've only listened to others, and either nodded or shook my head in response."
- Maybe it's just a temporary effect of my accident...?
"No!!!" she screamed frantically in her mind. "No, no, no, and no again! Not now! Actually... if I may ask, what exactly happened at the ravine? Why did you jump? And did you even jump...?"
- I didn't jump, don't be afraid. I just... realized something... ? Another tear ran down his cheek.
"What happened? You can tell me..."
- Life is cruel. It's giving me hell... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sworn. It's giving me a hard time. No mercy..."
He settled himself more comfortably in bed and began to tell...
"I talked to Kestor. He wanted to come with me to find Alkadia. I think it's a bad idea. And while I was thinking about it, I realized I wasn't sure my dearest friend was still alive. I hadn't seen her. When they left, I was unconscious and close to death. The thought of missing Alkadiana struck me like lightning. I started running, I don't know why. I ran with my eyes closed, and when I opened them, I was standing at the top of a cliff, falling. I fell into the water... Well, you know the rest...
" "Sorry, but I think you missed something." "
What?
" "Is there something else? I can see it in you. Something's still bothering you... get it out, it'll feel easier..." "
I... it's stupid to admit it, but I really did die. I felt my soul leaving my body... As they journeyed to the afterlife.
" "B-but you're alive..." "
Exactly...?" He told me about his encounter with dead people and a mysterious woman.
"Did you see ALL the dead people you once knew??"
- Yes. Grandpa, he died when I was just a little child. Some distant aunt, I remember, is buried in our cemetery because she died before she left for her home, and she was from some larger city...
"Are you SURE it was ALL of them??? Think about it!"
- What are you getting at...?
"If you really saw ALL of them, then Alkadia is alive! She would have been there with her parents...!"
- Gods, Wandria! You're right!!! Ha, ha, ha...! You're an angel... Thanks to you, I have something to live for again...
"I'm glad I helped you... And now I'm going, because I have duties waiting for me in the morning... Goodnight..."
- Goodnight, angel... ? he whispered as the girl left. He whispered more into the air than to Wandria...
He closed his eyes and fell asleep... He dreamed beautiful dreams. He ran through the forest, hearing the tinkling laughter beside him... Light and alluring as a flower petal... Somewhere between the trees, he glimpsed long, dark hair, fragments of a blue dress, arms, legs... Finally, a girl stood before him... She smiled. She took his hands, and they found themselves in a tiny clearing full of tiny, purple flowers... They began to dance to the rhythm of the forest, laughing, going wild... Then they fell side by side on the grass... The flowers smelled wonderful... They tickled pleasantly...
Lying in the dark room, Kryspin smiled blissfully, but at the same time, two tears, as large as peas, fell from beneath his closed eyelids...

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dream

" He closed his eyes and saw a drop of water falling from a great height. He didn't know where it was falling from, for there was n...