Part 34
Dinner Her first day at the seaside ended. She was so tired she no longer had the strength to walk. She lay down on the bed fully dressed and thought. Konrad was very nice, let's hope she'll have a great time here, in his company, of course. She called her brother. "
Hi ."
"Amelia?
" "And who were you expecting?"
"Sorry, I can't talk now
, but...
" "Sorry, I'll call you later," he said, lowering his voice and hanging up. Amelia sat on the bed, stunned, not knowing what to do. The vibrator on her phone snapped her out of her thoughts. She saw a text message icon and read: "Amelka, don't worry, I'll call you later or tomorrow morning, I'm sorry, your dear brother." She wasn't worried anymore, half an hour later she was sleeping soundly. In the morning, when she got up, she was greeted by strong sunlight. It was eight o'clock and the parking lot in front of the building was full of people leaving the hotel. She quickly changed and went downstairs for breakfast. She looked beautiful, not yet completely asleep, she looked like a princess. Her hair was tied in a ponytail, but half of it was Her hair was slipping out of her clumsily done hairstyle. When she entered the restaurant, there weren't many people; everyone was probably rushing to get a good seat on the beach. She approached the counter and spotted Konrad. He waved at her while drinking coffee. She ordered her food and sat down next to him.
"Hi
, hi, sleepyhead." He smiled at her, and her heart suddenly warmed. "Why,
sleepyhead?"
"I've been waiting for you here for an hour and I was wondering if you'd gone somewhere, but the front desk said you hadn't left your room yet."
"Were you waiting for me?
" "Yeah, is that bad?" he asked innocently, raising his cup to his lips again and taking another long sip.
"Did you want something from me, or was it just that?"
"You know, what kind of questions are you asking me? I want to spend as nice a day with you as yesterday," he said, outraged by her question.
"Hmm, aha, we could have arranged to meet yesterday, I would have gotten up earlier and we could have gone before all the tourists took over the beach." "
Oh, honey, there's more to this than just a beach. Today I'm inviting you for ice cream and then to the aquarium, what do you think? We can go to the beach later, around 4 p.m., maybe later." "
Fantastic, wait, I'll just eat breakfast and change. Oh, and I have to call my brother." She was eating breakfast, and he also decided to have some sandwiches. Amelia told him about her conversation with her brother yesterday and how it seemed a bit strange to her. Once she had changed, she called Daniel.
"Hello?
" "Hi, it's me ."
"What did you do yesterday?"
-I'm so sorry, I had a visitor
- yes? And who was it?
- Wiktor - he said sadly and her heart jumped into her throat
- and what did he want from you?
"He begged me to leave you alone, he was crying, I've never seen him like this, I think he should know he's your brother, it'll be easier for him, and now he's getting his hopes
up." "No," she shouted. "Did you tell him?
" "No, I didn't tell him, but I think it's better this way. "
"Promise me you won't tell him anything about this
." "Okay, but we'll talk about it again when you get back, okay?"
"Okay, you know, I met a nice guy." She changed the subject
. "Yes, and where did you meet him?
" "Well, here, we're staying in the same hotel, and on top of that, he lives in Krakow
." "What a coincidence
." "Well, I'm going because I'm meeting him for ice cream, and then we'll go for a walk." Kisses . "
Sister... "
"Yes?"
"I love you, take care of yourself. " I
love you too, and take care too, oh, and good luck with your exams. She left her phone, grabbed her bag with the camera, and was gone. Konrad was waiting for her downstairs, immediately noticing her exposed legs. She put on short shorts, a matching green blouse, and white flip-flops. She had a straw bag with colorful flowers embroidered on it slung over her shoulder. She looked great, which of course Konrad didn't miss in his comments about her. As agreed, they went for ice cream. They imbibed a ton of cooling pleasure and walked towards the aquarium. She had never seen so many underwater creatures; she hadn't even noticed how the four hours had passed. She wanted to enjoy the view the aquarium offered. For the first time in a long time, The day wasn't wasted. Amelia spent it happily and almost forgot the events of the last few weeks. Almost. As soon as she returned to the hotel and was left alone with her memories, everything returned with a vengeance...
Part 35
The ringing of the hotel phone tore her from her thoughts.
"Excuse me? "
"I invite you for afternoon tea
," Konrad said .
"And who were you expecting? Do you spend so much time with every hotel resident?
" "That's unrealistic, because I devote all my time to you," she laughed charmingly, and he insisted again that they go out for a meal
. "But I haven't had dinner yet.
" "Do you feel like having dinner after all we ate out?"
-Well, I don't feel like it, but not only for dinner, I want to sit alone for a while, sorry, but maybe tomorrow - she said, trying to get out of it
- Amelia, sun, don't do this to me
"Sorry, bye." She quickly hung up the phone, changed into slightly looser clothes, and lay down on the bed. She looked around the room. It was very exclusive, and two months ago she could have dreamed of something like that. The floor was covered with a snow-white carpet, about five centimeters high, which must have made the cleaning lady's work difficult, as everyone was bringing sand into the room, whether they wanted to or not. She looked around the room again. On the left side was a wooden door leading to the bathroom. Next to it was a table with four chairs. Opposite, on the right side of the room, was a rather large sofa with equally beige armchairs on both sides. Her bed was opposite the entrance to the room. Everything was very comfortable, both her bed and the chairs. A sofa. Everything for the tourists' convenience. Near the main entrance was a rather large wooden sectional. On one of the shelves was a large television, and above it a mini stereo. She went to it and turned on the radio; they were playing Anna Jantar's songs. She loved sitting for hours and listening to them. She had several copies of her records. One was in the bedroom, another at home, and this one was probably the most worn, and another copy was in the car. She turned up the volume and sat comfortably in the armchair. She thought nothing of it, sitting idly as if in a trance. After a while, she fell asleep. A knock on the door woke her up, and she noticed that the song had long since changed to another. She approached and saw the waiter. "
Good morning, I've brought dinner," he said pleasantly, wheeling a cart with many dishes into her room.
"But I didn't." I ordered dinner!
"But of course," the waiter said, confused, "dinner for two has been ordered for room 59.
"But I live alone," she said, pointing to the room. "There must have been some mistake. Please call the kitchen and check," she said, handing him the phone.
"No need," Konrad said, entering the room. "I ordered this dinner." He walked over to Amelia and handed her a single long red rose.
"We agreed on something, I don't feel like eating or anything else." She became angry .
"You know, you look beautiful when you're angry, but apparently it's bad for your appearance, so cheer up. You didn't want to go downstairs for a meal, so the meal arrived for you.
"Konrad, please, I'm not in the mood."
"Remember, you have to take care of more than just yourself now." This argument finally convinced Amelie, and although reluctant, she agreed. Konrad ordered delicious fish, a delicacy for lovers of this region, a few cakes for dessert, and champagne. Dinner today, as well as yesterday, passed in a wonderful atmosphere. Amelia sat leaning back in her chair and felt the company of the man she had just met incredibly relaxing. At some point, she realized she knew a lot about his family, about his past experiences with loved ones, and later, the loss of them. She knew that he lived in Krakow, just like her, but nothing more about him.
"Konrad?
" "Hmm?" he purred gently.
"Tell me something about yourself
. What would you like to know?"
-Well, I don't know where you work and what you do, do you have a dog or any other pets, who your friends are and what you have in common, i.e., what your hobbies are and things like that are. I'd like to know more about you
. -Okay, I studied in Krakow and that's where I met most of my current friends. Practically all of my friends are my age, but we didn't all study the same subject. I'm interested in computers, I love them, and that's exactly what I work in.
-Really? Great, but tell me more.
-Hmm, after graduating, I started working, although not right away, because you know how it is with jobs in Poland. However, I found a good company that pays well for my skills.
-That's brilliant. -She was happy, and from what she deduced, she could be 25 or 26 years old. She doesn't look that old; that charming face simply defies that age.
"Mhm, I'm happy too. When it comes to animals, I don't really have time for them, so I'd rather not make their lives difficult, especially since I live in an apartment building. They'd be miserable .
" I have a dog, a Dalmatian, her name is Sara
. "Pretty, I have to meet her sometime
." "I absolutely must, but you know, she's been lost somewhere lately." She recalled recent events and looked at her wrists, which only had a thin scab visible. "You know what, you mentioned those computers, maybe you could teach me something about them?
" 36
- After all, computers are trivial to use, you just need to devote some time to learning
- yes, but you know, I don't want to learn how to use them because I have it pretty much at my fingertips
- so? - he asked, sipping the champagne they had opened in celebration of their acquaintance
- I have a computer company, but I have absolutely no knowledge of it. I do have someone who will take care of it because someone else is fond of the director's position, but it would be stupid not to know anything about it
- well, yes, I understand you and I admire you, because many owners have no clue about their companies, and what kind of company is this?
- kanakis, have you heard of it?
"Have I heard?" he almost choked on his champagne. "Girl, it's the most prosperous company in Poland, and I heard something about it also signing various foreign contracts
. "I didn't know it was that good, you know, I've only been a shareholder for two months
." "You know, I've been trying to get a job there for six months," he said sadly
. "Do you work at Kanakis?"
"Yes, I'm an IT specialist, but how did you end up being its co-owner? After all, Wiktor was the only owner." "
Do you know Wiktor?" She swallowed nervously and thought she was being prudent after all, not telling him who the man she was pregnant with was. It's good that she decided to keep it to herself. "Well,
yes, I know him, Daniel too, the rest of the family unfortunately not, but oh well, I'm sure she's nice too.
" "Yes, she is, very nice indeed, but if you know Wiktor and Daniel, why did you wait six months for a position at Kanakis?"
There were no vacancies, and Wiktor certainly wouldn't have been a good director if he'd fired another employee to hire me. Besides, he was planning to leave because he was moving to another city. Before that happened, I was earning extra money by taking on small assignments at your company and others.
Yes, I know Wiktor well, and I think that's a good thing, because the company is still alive, perhaps because he's the one running it.
Yes, you're right, but how do you know each other?
"I was going to see my boyfriend once," she thought, "she'd tell him about Filip, and he'd draw the conclusion that it was her ex-boyfriend's child." "I met Wiktor on the train. It turned out his father was my family, some distant one," she lied, took a deep breath, and continued. "I wanted to tell my boyfriend, Filip, that we were having a child, but when I got there, I found him in bed with another woman. I returned to Krakow," she recounted in a shortened version. "I had an accident, Wiktor found out about it and took care of me. I lost my memory, so he helped me until I remembered everything.
" "Oh, gosh, that Filip [***] is amazing. I wouldn't forgive him if I caught him. He really wasn't worthy of you, and he doesn't even know what a treasure he lost." Amelia She smiled and thought that she had heard the same thing from Wiktor when he found her in the park near his tenement house
- don't worry, I'm managing somehow, I don't want to know him, and I should live for my child.
"And very well," he glanced at his watch, his eyes expressing terror. "Amelka, I'll be flying now, it's two in the morning, it will be light soon, we'll see each other in the morning," he said, approaching her and kissing her on the cheek goodnight. The night passed quickly, and it was no wonder, since she had gone so wild the night before and gone to bed late. She got up at nine, quickly took a shower, and went downstairs for breakfast. Sitting waiting for the meal, she thought about how small this world was. She hadn't recognized Konrad, even though she was his employer; she had to come here to learn about his existence and that he was a friend of her brothers. She wondered why Daniel hadn't invited him to the party at her house. She had the impression that last night, during their conversation, she had heard her younger brother's name more often, perhaps He only met Daniel by accident. He had to call his brother and find out. She decided to spend the day at the beach. She had been there for several days and looked like an albino. She had dark skin, but she hadn't exposed her body to the sun in a long time. Her previous tan had faded significantly and was barely visible. As a daily ritual, she changed into something fresh, only this time she wore a skimpy two-piece swimsuit with large blue flowers underneath her clothes. Then she called Daniel, which she always did after breakfast. She dialed the number and heard the ringing tone waiting to be answered: "I'm listening." "
Hi ,
little brother.
" "Oh, Amelka, how are you doing?"
-It's fine, not even that bad, the weather is great, I'm going to the beach soon.
-Just don't get too hot, and be careful not to faint.
-Take it easy, how are your exams?
-I still have a few left, but I've already passed a few more.
-Great, has Sara been found yet?
-I'm sorry, but I haven't seen her anywhere, I don't know where she might be. I've asked a few people, but to no avail.
-I'm worried about her, I left her, I'm a mean owner.
-Don't worry, she'll definitely be found as soon as you get home.
-I hope so, I'll be back in a week, I think I'll be finishing up.
-Okay, have a nice day . -Thanks,
by the way, Daniel?
-Well,
do you know Konrad Tokarz?...
Part 37
-Do you know Konrad Tokarz?
-Of course, I've been friends with Wiktor for as long as I can remember, why are you asking? Do you know him?
-This is the guy I mentioned to you. We just kind of connected yesterday and it turned out he's been working at my company.
-Well, not for long,
for half a year.
-Hmm.
-It's strange that I haven't met him, even though I've made a lot of noise as a co-owner
. -I'm not surprised at all.
-But why? After all, practically everyone knows me, and I even remember every other person, at least by sight.
You obviously don't know everyone - he laughed and added - Konrad works in the basement on the left side of the building, all his colleagues work on the same side but have large offices on the top floor
- yes, I know, but why did he isolate himself from them?
-No, not in front of them, it's just his nature, he likes peace and quiet. After Amelia finished the conversation, she sat down on the sofa and thought about what she had heard from her brother. The man she had met showed no signs of sitting around like a mouse for eight hours a day, even though he deserved a decent office with a nice view of the city. She couldn't think about it any longer as she felt a slight breeze from outside the building. The weather was wonderful and she didn't want to lose it. She missed her brother terribly, even though her daily ritual was talking to him, she couldn't wait to finally see him. Daneil would be on vacation soon, so she decided to cut her stay on the coast short and return home. Once she was with her brother, they would go on a trip somewhere together. She went to the beach, and a view came into view. A thousand people, maybe even more, all lounging on huge, colorful blankets, a few wanting to run and play football in the sweltering heat. A few people were basking in the water, cooling off under the watchful eye of a lifeguard. Amelia walked between the blankets, looking for a free spot; she had completely forgotten how quickly she and her family got ready to get to the beach as quickly as possible, faster than anyone else, anyway. She spread her clothes on the beach and began shaking the blanket from the sand. She looked for a large rock to secure the paqrawan firmly, and just as she got to work, someone tugged at her wrist, and she collapsed onto the sand.
"Hi princess, how are you feeling?" She slowly climbed out of the sand and saw Konrad's smiling face.
"You scared me!" she said, her lips twisting into a mischievous smile as she shook the sand from her body. , which was now covered only with two thin cloths
. "Don't be silly, how are you feeling?"
"Okay, I'm a little sleepy, but other than that, I'm
fine." "That's great, imagine I came up with a brilliant idea, maybe we could take a walk to the lighthouse that's nearby?
" "I don't know, I was planning to sunbathe a bit today.
" "Mhm, if you want, I won't try to convince you now, but maybe in the afternoon?
" "Yes, maybe in the afternoon, it's definitely sooner, because I'd rather not now.
" "Okay, can I join you?"
"Sure, sit down here, there's plenty of room." She pointed to the blanket, and in the meantime, she sat down on a comfortable deck chair.
The afternoon passed quickly, with most of the time spent talking with Konrad or playing games with him. The water was warm and there was really nothing to drink, so they didn't miss out on a refreshing swim either. The time spent with the boy was truly well-spent, every second of it, and they couldn't regret a single moment. They were getting ready for dinner, but only an hour later they were scheduled to go for a walk to the lighthouse. After a rather long shower, Amelia quickly curled her hair, put on dark lace lingerie, and an ankle-length dress resembling a fishing net. She matched the dress with slightly heeled shoes that were closest in color. A few spritzes of perfume and a touch of makeup, and she looked like a water nymph. She looked dazzling. The sexy lingerie, lightly covered with a fine mesh, attracted everyone's attention. It was impossible to miss the fact that Konrad was also gazing at her with lustful eyes.
The walk along the beach was tiring and quite long, but when they climbed to the very top of the lighthouse, the view was so beautiful that it took their breath away, and they didn't regret the effort. The panorama was magnificent, and they couldn't resist capturing
it with a few photos. The next few days flew by. Amelia, accompanied by Konrad, went for walks, swam, snorkeled, and one day even ventured out for a jet ski. However, two weeks had passed since her arrival, and she felt she had to return. She hadn't spoken to Daniel in a long time, and during their last phone call, she felt as if he were absent and exceptionally sad. She packed her things and took a final walk along the beach to say goodbye to the sea. A few hours earlier, she had said goodbye to Konrad, who had also decided to leave today. She walked along the beach, where rough waves crashed every few moments. She thought about what awaited her. After returning, she heard the uneven breathing of a man running towards her...
Part 38
- Good morning, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I've never had the opportunity to meet you. I know it might seem strange, but some inner voice told me to.
- It doesn't matter, my name is Amelia. - She smiled and shook his hand in greeting
. - Piotr. - he said, returning the smile
. - Why haven't you had the opportunity to meet me? I've been here for two weeks, and you?
- I've been here for almost a month, but that's not the point. I've always seen you in the company of a man. Frankly, I was afraid of his reaction
. - We were supposed to be on first-name terms. - She scolded him, giving him an unpleasant look. - This is my friend, Konrad. I met him here the same way I met you
. - So am I to understand that I'm late?
-Yes, rather yes, besides, I'm leaving today - she said with unfeigned remorse, turning onto the stairs leading to the square in front of the hotel where her car was parked, overloaded with luggage, she turned around once more, looking sadly at the sea
"Goodbye, it was nice meeting you," she waved at Piotr, who stood stiffly in the sand.
The road was quite smooth, although it wasn't empty; every now and then you could spot various vacationer cars, their license plates revealing which cities they were from. After about six hours, she reached Łódź; it was already quite late, so she decided to visit her grandmother in the morning and spend the night at a hotel. And so she did. Sleep quickly overcame her, during which she had rested well after the long journey. She woke up around nine o'clock, the sun was already shining brightly, spreading its infectious optimism. She quickly gathered herself, and half an hour later she was standing in front of her grandmother's door, knocking on it. Just as she had two weeks ago, she heard the shuffling of small, slowly moving footsteps. When the door opened, she saw an unfamiliar woman.
"Where... where is Grandma? And who are you?" Amelia drawled, somewhat disconcerted. "
Grandma? And who are you?" Amelia didn't even know her grandmother's name, but after a moment she replied, "I'm looking for Mrs. Adamczyk. This is her house and I'm her granddaughter. Who are you?" she asked, her voice hostile.
"If you were her granddaughter, you would surely know that she died four days ago," she replied maliciously, and after a moment added, "and I'm her neighbor, her grandson Wiktor asked me to take care of this house." She pointed to the building with her left hand. "Until the will is read."
Amelia didn't know what was happening to her. She leaned against the doorframe, but she had the impression that she was not being supported when the woman finished her statement, which was not reaching the girl anyway. Amelia was already kneeling in the doorway, sobbing
uncontrollably. "It's impossible that she died, I've known her for several years, and now she's leaving, it's impossible, you're lying," she screamed, trying to wriggle out of the woman's arms. "Calm down,"
the woman screamed. Amelia, like a helpless child, obeyed, standing in a daze, her eyes as if covered with mist.
"Come inside, I'll give you something stronger to calm you down."
"Thank you, I'm here," she said, entering the cottage. "
Are you really her granddaughter? I've never seen you here before." "Yes
, I am, I met her recently, right when she woke up from the coma.
" "It was a wonderful day, everyone was happy
." "Me too, especially since she woke up next to me."
"Really?" she looked at her in surprise, stopping her bustle around the kitchen and making tea.
"Yes, I'm surprised my brothers didn't tell me anything, that is, about her passing away." A tear welled up in her eye, but she didn't stop talking. "I was here two weeks ago, but she seemed quite healthy. Wiktor was here too."
-Oh! So you know Mr. Wiktor? - She was about to answer yes, I know him, I'm his sister and the worst thing is that we'll have a child together, but at the last moment she stopped herself and replied - yes, I met him, Daniel too
- Daniel? And who is that?
"You don't know him? He's Wiktor's brother, after all!" Amelia was astonished.
"Hmm, strange, he certainly didn't come here because usually Maria introduced me to her friends and family.
" "Yes," she said thoughtfully, already sipping the tea the woman had given her. "But tell me why she died..."
"That damn diabetes finished her off, she forgot to take her insulin before bed and never woke up.
" Poor thing." Amelia started crying, reliving the terrible news. "At least she wasn't suffering, I wanted to talk to her so badly, but it was no use. They didn't even notify me, and I would so much like to say goodbye to her, at least in this way. Where is her grave?" she asked, raising her head and seeing the ruined face of the woman who was looking at her intently. "
In Krakow, that's what she supposedly wanted. It's also strange that she left a will, as if she wanted to die or knew that in It will happen soon. She
said goodbye to the woman and set off. She didn't even notice when she reached home. The entire way, she thought about her grandmother...

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz