wtorek, 23 września 2025

love has many names 23-27


Part 23
Daniel, seeing what was happening and how hostile his siblings were looking at each other, stood up. "
We have to go now, Amelka, if we're going to buy anything.
" "Mhm, yes, you're right," she said reluctantly, getting up and walking away from Wiktor, who was already speaking to her in a way that would cause her pain.
They left the café and decided to walk to the shopping center. There was a long silence, which was finally broken by Daniel
. "You know, I think he did it to spite you. You can see that café from the Kanakis building. He took the first girl he saw to get on your nerves, but in reality, he's just jealous of me
. I hope you're wrong and that he's found someone else, he'll forget about me, and I'll manage somehow.
No, you can't manage, I see this is beyond your capabilities
. Please, let's change the subject. Our brother is too important to me and everything related to him still hurts me
. Okay, you mentioned that you're planning to move.
Yes." She brightened up at the thought of her new house. "Yesterday I bought a renovated villa.
Wow, it must be beautiful. It really
is, you know what, when you're done." If I move in, you absolutely must visit me. I'll throw a housewarming party and invite a few friends. You could invite someone too, because I don't have many
. - Okay, I'll hold you to your word. - They laughed together. - And how much work do you have with the move?
- Hmm, let me think. The painters are coming tomorrow, two days later a guy will come to lay parquet and tiles for me. I still have some work to do. The problem is that the floors are done, but they're in such a state that I'd be afraid to walk on them, let alone live in peace.
- Maybe I could be of some help to you?
-Oh, Daniel, I won't bother you.
I'd love to help you, I have plenty of time now.
-You know what, when I found out I was Jerzy's daughter, I got really angry, I ran out of the cafe and got hit by a car. I should have been jumping for joy then, I have such wonderful siblings now, you're both wonderful.
"Of course," he said sweetly, hugging her. The shopping went quickly; they bought their father a replica of a Polish parade saber. As she learned, his father was interested in such things, so he would surely be happy with such a gift. Daniel left her after they had made the purchase and went to run some errands. Meanwhile, she returned to the Kanakis where her car was parked. Wiktor's Mercedes was already gone; she was probably having fun with Justynka. That was the name of Wiktor's companion. Amelia was already regretting that she was his sister for the thousandth time and was returning home feeling unwell. She was going up the stairs to her apartment when he noticed that someone was moving into the apartment across from hers. "It's a shame I'm moving out soon." I thought, "Maybe I could make friends with the new tenant." But she quickly changed her mind when she saw the door opening. Justyna.
"Oh, honey, isn't that Amelia?" Wiktor appeared right behind her, holding a large flowerpot
. "I didn't know you lived here, it's nice that we already know each other, we'll definitely become friends. Wiktor insisted I move here, it's a really beautiful area,
hmm, yes," she said, mocking her earlier words. "We'll become friends, over my dead body." She smiled crookedly and entered the apartment. She sat on the couch and started crying. She took her phone and texted Daniel: "Brother, help me, do you know who moved into the apartment next door? Wonderful Justynka, I'm getting depressed, I have nothing to live for anymore, and she's even bragging that Wiktor convinced her to move into this apartment... sob... see you tomorrow, Amelia." She wanted to disappear, she couldn't believe that the laughter that kept coming from her every few moments The voice she heard on the staircase wasn't directed at her. She fell asleep. She had a short sleep because the doorbell woke her up. She didn't want to get up, it might be Wiktor, and if it turned out to be true, he would only do it to make her life miserable again. There was another knock on the door, but Amelia still wasn't going to open it, she would pretend she wasn't there.
"Amelka, honey, if you don't open it, I'll break the door down." Daniel and Wiktor had incredibly similar voices, but now she was sure it was her older brother. She ran quickly, opened the door, and threw her arms around his neck. "
I'm so glad you're here, really
," she cried. "Calm down, but come inside," he said, pulling her away. She then noticed that an angry Wiktor was standing on the other side of the corridor, watching the situation. He threw a box on the ground and ran down the stairs. downstairs. Amelia brought her brother into the house and told him everything. She cried to him for over two hours and wouldn't stop crying. Daniel only left when she fell asleep. He left a note on the table saying he'd be back in the morning and they'd go shopping. Amelia slept for a long time, exhausted after the last few days. She was only woken up by Daniel, who had come in with the intention of going furniture shopping.
"Get up, sleepyhead, look, I've made a list of the best furniture stores in all of Krakow," he said, showing her a rather large list of stores
. "I don't feel like going anywhere you want to take me
." "I'm sorry, the decision has already been made, get ready, get ready, we're going to conquer...

" Part 24
Amelia got out of bed and quickly took a shower. She was ready only half an hour later. It was still early, so the sun wasn't fully scorching, it was just the right time for shopping. They were leaving the apartment when they came across Wiktor. He was wearing a wrinkled shirt that was sticking out of his pants, his hair was unkempt, and he looked as if he had just woken up. He was so sleepy that he didn't even notice them, or pretended not to. Something tugged at Amelie's heart, but she decided that until she did, she wouldn't She would lead him out of here; she would witness more than one such event and wouldn't let her "brother" spoil her every day. They went to the city center, where, as Daniel had said, there were over 20 furniture stores. She still had to buy tiles, laminate flooring, and parquet flooring. The specialist was coming tomorrow, and he would have to have everything ready. She really liked the Italian furniture; the wicker
accessories were also beautiful. She decided to furnish the bedroom in an Italian style. Each one would be different, though, as the rooms vary in size. Hers will be golden brown with dark yellow accents, while the two smaller ones, which will be for guests, will be black and white. She bought a new fireplace for the living room; the old one wasn't suitable. She hoped someone would take on the task of replacing it. She bought a lot of laminate flooring and tiles, but she completely abandoned the parquet flooring when she chose everything she liked. She liked it, but she had nowhere else to put them. Daniel, as it turned out, had very similar tastes to Amelia's. He helped her choose everything, from doormats and curtain rods to carpets and plumbing fixtures, and even furniture. Everything was to be delivered in a week, which, of course, suited Amelia's needs; work on her house was just about finished. She ordered everything that was to cover the floor to be delivered today. The transport was supposed to be in an hour, so she decided to show Daniel the house, check on the painter's work, and be there to pick up the materials. The drive wasn't long, so they arrived in just 10 minutes.
Daniel couldn't praise her purchase and taste enough. She showed him around all the rooms. Opposite the entrance to the house was a long hallway, maybe two meters wide, from which all the rooms on the ground floor were accessed. The first one on the left was the kitchen, which was enormous. Amelia could already imagine how it would look furnished with what she had bought. It was already painted beige, like most rooms, and the sun got in nicely. Amelia loved it when a room had lots of windows, which made it brighter. Opposite the kitchen was a bathroom and a toilet, also of impressive size. Daniel noticed that, as Amelia had said, the tiles were indeed in a terrible state. Behind the kitchen was a small pantry with one tiny window and painted Pink. In front of it was a large empty space, without a wall running along the corridor. Amelia dreamed of a living room in this space, which also included access to a magnificent terrace. Behind the pantry was a spiral staircase carved in black stone, with beautiful banisters made of the same material. The bars on the banister were twisted and in some places had small leaves and roses attached. They went upstairs, where there was also a bathroom and toilet, and three bedrooms arranged similarly to the rooms downstairs. When they finished looking, they went downstairs and sat on a bench in front of the house, waiting for the materials to be transported. They arrived an hour later, and after the shop workers had carried everything into the building, Amelia locked everything up and finally got in the car. The girl decided to give her brother a lift in return. Home. Until then, she hadn't known where her brothers and father lived. It turned out to be a 10-minute walk from her apartment building. Wiktor's Mercedes was gone, and she'd already let it slip away. She returned home and, surprisingly, didn't see Wiktor's car. Justyna's apartment was dark, and she assumed they'd simply gone somewhere together. As she was going upstairs, she noticed Maria waiting for her in the stairwell
. "Hello, how are you? " "
Oh, everything's fine. Did you know we have new tenants?"
"How could I not notice?" she said gruffly, but Maria didn't even notice.
"Come on, we're having a little party here," she said and pulled her inside. Amelia smelled the orange scent that always made her melt whenever she entered. It was the same smell at her grandmother's house, who lived in Nowy Sącz. She loved spending every vacation there; she had lots of friends there. She walked into Maria's living room and was paralyzed. Wiktor and Justyna were sitting on the couch, probably taking advantage of Maria's exit. They were kissing, that's all it takes. "
Good morning," she said loudly, to stop the show. "Maria called me, but excuse me, I'm tired. I spent all day shopping for furniture with Daniel and I, and I'm exhausted."
"Oh, so you don't have a furnished apartment yet?" Justyna asked, surprised.
"She does..." Wiktor said, but suddenly stopped, not wanting to reveal himself to the girl...

Part 25
"Were you in her apartment?" the girl asked, surprised. "And Wiktor grimaced
. "Yes, he wanted to borrow a hammer," Amelia lied
. "Oh, so what did you want to buy since it's already furnished?
" "Mhm, various things, everything actually, I'm moving in about two weeks, I bought a house a week ago and now I had to buy the necessary things." "
Are you moving out?" Wiktor shouted, and Justyna was surprised by his reaction
. "So what?" I moved in, she's moving out, people move in, what's so strange about that?
"You know what, I'm going now, I'm tired, and I have a lot to do tomorrow, and unfortunately, my vacation is ending." With that, she looked at Wiktor. She left Maria's apartment and went upstairs to her apartment. But Wiktor was surprised when she said she'd bought a house and was moving soon. His face fell. She approached Sara and petted her tenderly. "
Poor little dog, I've been neglecting you these past few days. Now, as a reward, we'll go for a long walk." The dog wagged its tail in approval, and a moment later they were outside.
"Ho ho, it looks like a storm is coming," she said to herself and set off towards the park. She was walking along a well-known route. When she arrived, Sara was running with the other dogs. Amelia sat on a bench and watched her faithful dog. She sat there lost in thought and didn't even notice that it had grown dark because of the approaching storm. Sara disappeared from view, so Amelia walked around the hill that was located in the middle of the city green, but she still couldn't see the dog. She called out to her, but in vain. It slowly began to drizzle and people were running home. Amelia walked deeper into the park, but there was no sign of the Dalmatian anywhere. The sky brightened and after a moment she heard a clap of thunder, then a second and a third. Lightning flashed again, and Amelia saw A white spot appeared in the bushes at the edge of the sidewalk. She quickly ran there and noticed it was Sara. The poor thing was shaking and tangled in the bushes. The girl couldn't see well because it was dark, but it seemed to her that the dog
was bleeding. She barely picked up the injured animal and ran as fast as she could. The rain was falling harder and harder and it became cold, but Amelia didn't care. She wanted to get home as quickly as possible and take care of her four-legged friend. Tired of the weight of the dog, who was whimpering in pain, she walked along the main street of the city. She heard thunder, but suddenly the sound of a car horn pierced the roar. She turned with the last of her strength and fell unconscious to the ground. She didn't know what was happening to her; darkness was before her eyes and she seemed to hear someone's voice in the distance. She felt that someone picks her up, she can only call the dog's name and she floats away into the dark void...
She woke up and noticed that it was early in the morning and that she was in her own bed. She jumped up quickly because she remembered the evening incident. She went into the hall, but there was no one there, the same in the other rooms, no sign of Sara anywhere. She couldn't remember how she got to the apartment, she was afraid she had left the dog on the street and that now it might be too late. She quickly changed into a tracksuit and was tying her sneakers when someone started to open the lock on her door. A moment later, Wiktor stood there, holding Sara, who had a bandaged leg...

part
26 "Sarunia, my dear dog," she said quietly, running up to him and tripping on an untied shoelace. She came across Wiktor, and at that moment, the three of them were lying on the ground. The dog didn't mind, because, as you can see, his paw wasn't in the way. In such a pitiful state because he jumped off. Amelia lay on Wiktor for a few seconds, but it seemed like an eternity
. "Yeah..." she said, getting up. "I'm so sorry, and I think I should thank you. I don't really remember what happened yesterday, but I assume you took care of us .
" "Well, yeah, I was on my way to a bar when I saw you
. "A bar?" she asked, surprised, wondering who had protected whom and from what. He was probably going to drink again.
"Yeah," he replied, confused. "I think I'll go now." And with that, he turned to the door.
"Wait, tell me how you opened the door.
" "Hmm, I have a set of keys
, of course." "Yeah," she blushed. "Could you give them back to me?"
"Heh, what do you need them for?" "You're moving out anyway."
I think the owner will want them back
. "Okay," he said sadly, and handed her two keys bound in a white fur he'd received from her. "Could you answer one question for me?"
"Yes?" Amelia was getting impatient.
"Are you...are you planning to move in with him? "
"With him, meaning with whom?
" "With Daniel!" "You have so many of them that you don't even know who I'm talking about?!" he asked, looking at her menacingly. "
I plan to live alone, until someday I'll definitely live with someone." He didn't say anything, left silently, but as if he'd closed the door too hard. Amelia was in a foul mood, him again. She was grateful to him for everything he'd done for her and for Sara yesterday, but every time she saw him, she suffered great torment. Why does fate have to keep testing her like this and keep putting him in her path?
The week passed quickly. Amelia moved into her new house over the weekend. The furniture had already arrived, and together with the delivery guys and Daniel, she managed to arrange it in its proper places. The walls were beautifully painted and still smelled of paint, and the floors gleamed new. She fell in love with this house, even though she had only owned it for so long. She already knew that this villa was where she wanted to spend the rest of her life. She wouldn't give it up for anyone, at any price. This was her place; Sara seemed to agree. She ran around the entire garden, smelling every spot, inch by inch. This would take her a few days, Amelia thought, and started hanging curtains and drapes in the kitchen. The garden was indeed astonishingly large; a flock of sheep could graze here and still get lost in this vast area. The garden was well-kept, with several Rock gardens, many deciduous and coniferous trees, created a sort of park. Beneath several rather old trees, providing plenty of shade, were lovely black stone benches. Not far from the house was a swimming pool, but unfortunately, it could only be used in the summer and when the weather was nice. Amelia loved swimming, and probably the previous tenants did too, because once, going down to the basement, she noticed a locked door. When she finally found the right key and opened it, it turned out the room contained a swimming pool, but it had probably been unused for a long time. It was a charming place, and there was no hiding it. Amelia finished hanging in the kitchen and moved to the living room, then upstairs, thinking, her face darkening. She had promised Daniel she would throw a housewarming party. If she wanted to impress the new arrivals, everything had to be perfect. She didn't have much left—the curtains and a few more boxes to unpack and put in the shelves. However, she knew that if she returned to work, she wouldn't have much time. Wiktor would certainly keep her very busy so she wouldn't get bored and accidentally think about taking care of his brother. She finished hanging in the living room and was already heading upstairs when she noticed Sarah rolling on her new carpet. She saw the mud slowly falling off the dog and onto the sidewalk. She shooed her outside and went upstairs. She returned to her previous thoughts. She didn't know who to invite. From what Daniel had said, she'd bring about ten people. Amelia planned to have a gathering for fifteen to twenty people. She didn't have many friends herself. She'd already invited Maria and a friend from college; she hadn't even thought about siblings. Maria, of course, was thrilled with the invitation, but she complained about Amelia's decision when she announced she wouldn't invite Justyna and Wiktor. Even though they were friends, they hadn't spoken in a long time. Amelia still had so many things to do that she couldn't even carve out half an hour for her neighbor. In fact, she was ashamed of what she'd done; she couldn't confide in Maria. Maria had already finished hanging the decorations in all the rooms, so she went down to the kitchen and started arranging the dishes, constantly thinking about next Saturday. The housewarming party was in a week.She wanted to meet her brother's friends and didn't care who she invited; she would do whatever she wanted, and would definitely choose those closest to her. She had almost everything done, but left the rest for tomorrow. She went to bed and quickly fell asleep because she was very tired.

Part 27
She dreamed of herself as a little girl playing in a sandbox, accompanied by her sisters and brothers from her mother and father's side. The dream ended, it turned out to be morning and time to get up, the girl was in a good mood. She couldn't forget the dream, it was so beautiful and full of love. She quickly started on the rest of the shelves and that's how her entire Sunday passed. In the evening she went to church and when she was returning after mass, she noticed a man. He was about 35 years old, had dark black hair, equally dark eyes, and was quite tall, at least taller than her. He looked at her strangely and the girl blushed, but later she thought that such a man would definitely not be interested in her, so he certainly looked strange. Maybe the wind blew my hair and it looks as if lightning had struck it, she thought. She smiled to herself. She returned home, took a hot bath, and decided to go to bed early. She called Daniel again, and they chatted for a while like old friends. She fell asleep. She heard the alarm clock. Instinctively, she made a sweep in the air with her left hand, but she didn't find it; she hadn't yet gotten used to the idea of ​​living somewhere else. She jumped out of bed and turned off the clock. It was still early in the morning, and her head hurt a little at the sight of the gray light entering the rooms. Another half hour and the anxiety would turn into a beautiful sunrise, she thought, cheering up a bit. The most beautiful part of the day is sunrise; that's when everything slowly comes to life after a peaceful night. Time passed quickly, and unfortunately, it was time to get ready for work. She left Sara outside, so The weather was beautiful, she shouldn't have stayed home. She was driving like she was going to die; she didn't want to work there; it was torture. She pulled up to the Kanakis and noticed she was one of the first employees. Well, we have to set a good example for our subordinates, she thought, setting the alarm and accentuating it with a quiet beeping. She entered the office. Karolina was already at her station, and as soon as Amelia had undressed and sat down, the secretary was already in her office, recounting every event of the past week. As she learned, Wiktor rarely visited the company. In short, he was neglecting his assigned role. He was definitely with Justyna the entire time. She would have to talk to him about it, not for personal reasons, of course, but for the good of the company. Amelia had been working hard, and it wasn't until around noon that Karolina came in.
"Can I come in for a moment?"
"Of course, come in," she said, gesturing to a chair for her to sit
down. "No, thank you, the lady asked me to let her know when Mr. Wiktor would be here.
" "And yes, indeed," she said, frowning. "I'll go to him in a moment, you can go now." The girl left, and Amelia wondered what to say to Wiktor. She gathered her courage and headed towards his office. She read the sign on the door for the thousandth time, announcing what was behind it, and knocked lightly.
-Come in -she heard the muffled voice of the boss, she entered and walked a little closer to the desk behind which he was sitting
-hello Wiktor,
-oh it's you - he said indifferently, not even lifting his head, pretending that he was very interested in the papers he was reading.
"Damn it!" she screamed. "Leave those papers alone!" She got angry and snatched the papers from his hand, throwing them on the ground.
"What are you doing?" he asked, pretending to be indignant
. "What am I doing? What are you doing? What are you doing! You're supposedly so interested in the job! And what time did you come to the company? You've only been here for maybe 10 minutes, and I know it's been the same for the last week. Man, get a grip or we'll go bankrupt
. "Hmm, is that all you're interested in?" he asked, more confidently than before, and approached her a bit. She felt hot and gasping for air. " Excuse me
?" She pretended not to understand.
"You know what I mean, only money matters to you, nothing else, no feelings, you're cold as an icy rock. Once someone loves you, it becomes hot and... You're disappearing. It hurt her terribly, he noticed, but he continued. "My brother is naive. I tried so many times to explain to him what kind of woman you are, but he wouldn't listen. He's a fool. You probably want to make him fall in love with you too and slay him as soon as he's at your feet." "
Hmm, what kind of woman do you think I am?
" "You're a cheap wh..." The door opened, and Daniel walked in.
"Don't you know where he is... Amelka, the sun, I've been looking for you." He walked up to her, hugged her, and then kissed her on the cheek. "
Get out of here," Wiktor growled. "I want to work," he said, then crouched down and picked up the papers Amelia had scattered. The siblings left Wiktor's office and headed for Amelia's room.
"What were you doing there?"
"Wiktor's completely screwed up, he just got to work
—now? It's already one o'clock
. "Exactly, it's been like this all week," she said seriously, crossing the room and leaning against the desk.
"You know, I came to invite you to dinner." "
You have no idea how happy I am, you're a godsend, I'm terribly hungry," she said, grabbing her purse and jacket. "Where are we going?"
"Hmm, I was thinking about the witch's cauldron, what do you think?"
"Sure," she smiled, and they left...

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cross stitch pattern