wtorek, 23 września 2025

love has many names 28-33


Part 28
She knew this place well; she often went there with Filip. Now, during the holidays, it was definitely packed to the brim. Young people loved it and spent hours there. When they arrived, it turned out Amelia had a good feeling about it. There were as many young people as ants in an anthill. From time to time, someone would leave, but the place would immediately be filled by new people. The girl ordered fish and rice with vegetables, and Daniel decided to try a new, exotic dish. They ate quickly, but no one finished their meal. They had a great conversation and didn't want to interrupt it. Finally, Amelia told her brother how she planned to prepare for Saturday's party. Suddenly, Filip approached her. She hadn't expected to meet him there; she knew he came here often, but after all, he lived in Łódź now, and since he was no longer with Amelia, there was no appeal for him.
"Hi princess," he said cheerfully, and Daniel turned his attention to him
. "Filip, please, get lost, I'm not in the mood to talk to you.
" "Oh, honey, why are you so rude?
" "Please go away!" she yelled, and everyone turned to her.
"You know, I was at your apartment recently, and some guy opened the door. I was about to tell him off for hitting on my girl when it turned out you didn't live there anymore." He continued the conversation, ignoring her previous words.
"Amelka, who is this man?" Daniel asked, butting in on their conversation
. "I guess I should ask that," Filip said angrily.
"Sorry, honey, but Daniel and I are leaving now." They did just that. Once they were in the car, Amelia told her brother who the boy was. Daniel was angry that she hadn't told him earlier; he would have smashed his face if he had known. Anyone who had hurt his sister was now in danger; he loved her and couldn't bear to see her suffer. She drove home and plunged into the whirlwind of things. She had so much on her mind. She had already chosen a restaurant to order food from; now just one more call and it would be over. A DJ from a well-known club in Krakow would provide the music. She still had to hire two waitresses for the evening and everything would be fine. Saturday was getting closer, and she had less and less to do, but she still felt tired, had no strength to do anything, wasn't as energetic as she used to be, and had no idea what it was like. She woke up early on Saturday; it promised to be a beautiful day. The party was planned outside, so rain would have spoiled her plans. She went to the hairdresser and beautician; she had to look beautiful; after all, she was the lady of the house. At 5 p.m., the guests started arriving. Maria arrived first, hoping she could help, but unfortunately, she couldn't. Daniel arrived next, so she was already confident about the guests he had invited. Soon after, the students did indeed start arriving, and she noticed Natalie among them. Daniel introduced everyone to her, but she knew she wouldn't remember half their names, and if she ever saw them on the street, she wouldn't recognize them. They all seemed very nice. They certainly were. Almost at the end, her father and his wife showed up. Because after them, Wiktor and Justyna showed up. She couldn't understand why Daniel had so cruelly ruined her evening, which had been shaping up to be quite a good one. Putting on a brave face, she greeted them and invited them in. Maria was overjoyed that Amelia had finally agreed to their arrival. Her beloved brother had disappeared somewhere, and only after a while did she find him, surprisingly, in Natalia's company. She didn't want to disturb them, as both had been searching for their other half for a long time. She had nothing to do and no one to talk to, so she approached her father. He was standing near the fire with his wife. She was a nice woman, probably a little younger than Jerzy. Her hair was slightly flecked with gray, and her natural color was brown. She approached her father and greeted him, whispering in his ear so no one could hear, "Hello, Daddy." "
Hello, Amelka, this house is truly impressive, I like it very much."
"Me too, truly wonderful," said Teresa, that was the name of her brothers' mother
. "Oh, thank you, but honestly, I think he's wonderful too. I've already fallen in love with him," she said, smiling charmingly at them. "
And yes," Teresa continued, "I noticed that Daniel is very happy. I assume he's fallen head over heels in love with you; happiness radiates from him."
"No, that's impossible, we're meeting, but only as friends, and we know that," she said, smiling slightly and seeing her father take a deep breath. He was clearly worried about this possibility. She didn't understand his behavior; sometimes he was so irresponsible, and other times he was a shining example. She remembered perfectly how he behaved when he saw Wiktor at her house. The girl thought she would die of embarrassment, but he was almost overjoyed. A noise tore her from her thoughts. Her father whispered to her that Wiktor wanted to make an announcement and asked everyone to come closer. They approached, and Amelia saw the couple in love embracing and holding champagne in their hands. Wiktor began to speak, and the girl felt faint...

Part 29
"We want to get married," Wiktor said solemnly, and everywhere Applause broke out. "Of course not yet, in about six months, maybe a year, we want to prepare everything carefully," he continued, and everyone started congratulating them. "I don't believe what I'm hearing," she thought, and started walking home.
"Thank you, of course, Amelia, for inviting us here, and for letting us announce our engagement here," said a happy Justyna. Amelia quickened her pace, unable to listen. She sensed someone running behind her and felt a squeeze on her hand.
"Amelia, what happened? Aren't you happy that we're going to be married?" asked a sad Justyna. "I'm sorry we announced it at your party, forgive us." "
Nothing happened, I'm really happy," she lied. "I'll be with you in a moment, I have to use the restroom
." "Okay, I'm going to everyone, come quickly." Amelia watched him walk away to Wiktor. It was beyond her strength. She felt nauseous, ran quickly to the bathroom and vomited. It didn't help her at all. She felt strange now, she had a headache and wanted to vomit. She sat against the wall and started crying. She wanted everyone to leave and leave her alone. Someone opened the door, but she couldn't lift her head.
"Amela, what happened?" her brother shouted. "Amela, honey, what's wrong with you, what have you done
?" Daniel, "I have no strength, I just threw up, I don't know what's wrong with me." She felt him pick her up and take her somewhere. They passed through the kitchen, and she heard the familiar sounds of a clock. A moment later, she was lying on the couch in the living room, and Daniel was giving her some nasty medicine. "
I'll call an ambulance."
"No, I don't want to," she felt a surge of strength. She got out of bed, rushed towards the bathroom, locked the door, and listened to Daniel scream and turn the knob, but to no avail. She walked as if in a trance, went to the bathtub, and turned the water to drown out her brother's screams. She wanted to die, why was all this happening? She loved him so much, and not only did he turn out to be her brother, but he also wanted to marry Justyna. He'd known her less than Amelie, and he'd already decided on such an important step. He'd never loved her, she thought, and started crying again. She heard someone doing something at the lock, and she panicked. She had to do something immediately. She didn't want to live like this, among all these people to whom she meant nothing. She went to the first aid kit and took out a pair of scissors. She looked at them. and noticed a glint of steel; they were very sharp. The girl cut the veins in her wrists and fell from the pain. She couldn't see anything; her vision was dark. She was so sleepy... The door was forced open, and Daniel and his father ran into the bathroom. Wiktor also went crazy when he saw what had happened. Justyna was surprised by his behavior, although she was terrified herself; she was the last one to speak to her, wondering if she had said something that could have offended her. An ambulance was called, and Amelia was taken to the hospital. She was unconscious and didn't even know what was happening to her...
She woke up in the hospital, with Daniel sitting next to her, watching over her. As soon as she opened her eyes, he called the doctor, and they performed tests. She felt fine and didn't really remember what had happened to her. As soon as the doctor left, Daniel approached her.
-Amelka, why did you do it?
-Daniel, I... -her voice broke, she remembered what had happened
-Amelia, I have one question
-yes?
-did you sleep with Wiktor?
"Please stop, I don't want to talk about it," she said, getting angry at him and turning over in bed so as not to look at him. "
Listen, this is important
. "Yes, I slept with him, are you relieved!" she yelled. "
Calm down, I know it's none of my business, but have you been with any other guy since you were with Wiktor?" She sat up in bed and looked at him strangely. "
What are you even talking about? Understand that I love him and I certainly wouldn't do something like he did yesterday and I would never cheat on him. I can't understand that he's my brother, it's stronger than me." "
Don't yell, he's in the hallway, he can hear me. Do you know you're pregnant?"
-Don't make fun of me
-I'm not joking, the doctor told me, I pretended to be your boyfriend, and he gave me this information, and the worst thing is that because of your thoughtlessness you would lose them
-it's impossible, this is the peak of my abilities, I can't carry my brother's child
"I think you'll have to have it removed," he approached her, and she began to cry. Another blow, why is this happening, why can't the tables be turned and she finally be happy? Daniel was giving her support; it was so hard, but with him, everything seemed to disappear. Her father came into the room. She told her brother to leave. She had to tell her dad what had happened and get advice on what to do next. Of course, Wiktor couldn't know anything about it. He would never let her have an abortion, even though she didn't want to have one either. She'd already lost one, she couldn't have another.
"Dad...
" "Yes, daughter?"
"Dad, I'm pregnant." "
That's wonderful, honey, I'm really happy. Who is this lucky guy?"
"Dad, no one is happy, I have to abort this child, and I don't want to
. Why the hell would you abort your own child? I won't let you!" he screamed, and she was terrified.
"It's Wiktor's child,

part 30.
" "Little flower, it doesn't matter who this child is, please don't abort him, he doesn't have to know the truth, but please promise me you won't abort this child." He smiled at her, but it was clear he was expecting an answer, or rather a promise, a pledge
. "Dad, I don't know..."
"Please don't be stupid, promise me," he ordered
. "Dad, but I can't carry my child..." she didn't finish, as the doctor entered the room
. "Please leave the room, the patient needs to rest if we're going to release her tomorrow." They both left, and she was happy that she would be leaving the hospital tomorrow. The night passed quickly, and even She didn't realize when it was time to be discharged. Daniel came to pick her up. Her father was nowhere to be seen, and she wanted to talk to him. Her brother took her to her house, and she noticed he had a large backpack with him. He wanted to stay with her and take care of her; he was so sweet. He seemed to be the only one who was frightened by her condition. She loved him so much, and it seemed the feeling was mutual. The house was tidy, with no trace of the party. She walked through every room as if she was getting to know them all over again.
"Amelia, what are you doing?"
"Sara's nowhere..." "
She's definitely somewhere, don't worry, as soon as she notices you're back, she'll come to you.
" "And how did she run away? Why did she leave me alone?" she wailed in despair, flailing her tiny hands, the wrists of which were bandaged. She was so tiny, a slight push and she would have fallen, but there was so much strength, so much energy in her many times. Daniel, who had known her for only a month, couldn't have known the great changes that had taken place in her. The next week passed unnoticed. Amelia felt better, pondering the words of her father and Daniel, wondering which was wiser. She had decided to give birth to this child; she couldn't afford to lose another child. The first one had passed away through no fault of hers, and she suffered greatly because of it, and if she had... she wanted to remove it in the near future and she would hate herself for taking this step.
There were exams next week and the girl alternated between studying and thinking about her life. She was in absolutely no mood to study, everything irritated and distracted her. Daniel tried to help her as much as he could, but often his efforts were in vain...

Part 31
She left the exam room. Daniel was waiting for her in the corridor. She went to him, hugged him, and started crying. She had failed, she had failed her final exams. All the deadlines were over. This was the last one, she didn't think it would end like this, she always had something to do, she was constantly busy and kept postponing everything until the last deadline. Now all she had left to do was choose the papers. Daniel took her home and went shopping. She had had enough of it all. Her whole life was falling apart. Everything was covered in rubble, and she wanted to escape from it. She had packed her suitcase before Daniel arrived, and now she was waiting for him. It was beautiful weather, and the girl decided to go on vacation. She needed to forget about it all and finally get herself together. She couldn't ruin her life; now she was responsible for two, and she had to behave like an adult. Daniel arrived. He was surprised to see Amela sitting with her suitcase on a bench in front of the house.
"Where are you going?
" "Yes, I've decided to go to Grandma's, that's a start. You know, I've been promising myself I'd visit her for a long time, but I always didn't have time. " "To
Grandma?
" "Yes, to our father's mother, I met her while I was in Łódź ." "How long are
you planning to be there?
" "Well, I don't know, I'll see, but it'll still be a start. After Łódź, I plan to visit the coast.
" "Are you aware that my exams are starting and I'll be taking my exams?"
-Of course
-But that means you'll go alone, I'm not sure if I should let you go alone
-Sorry, but it's not up to you, it's up to me - she said sharply and started towards the car
-Are you leaving already?
-Yes, I was waiting for you to come back, if it's not a problem for you, stay at my house, I'll be safe for him
-No problem -he said sadly and frowned
-Oh, and let me know if Sara shows up, I'm a little worried about her, she used to disappear sometimes, but not for this long -she said, lowering her voice
"Okay," he said, walking up to her and hugging her goodbye. He helped her put her suitcase in the trunk and waved goodbye as she drove away. She drove slowly, thinking about the last few days. She was happy that she was going to have a child; she loved him already. She would have such a little one for whom she would finally have something to live for. The failed exams saddened her, but it didn't bother her anymore. She wouldn't go back to university; she would pursue something else. The field she studied had never interested her. She chose it because it was what her father wanted. She didn't want to disobey him, she loved him so much. In fact, she had always wanted to paint and loved designing women's and children's clothes. That was when she was in her element. Now that she had a lot of money, she would open a shop in Krakow. She would hire a seamstress to sew the clothes she designed. Alone. This would also give her an excuse not to go to work. Wiktor could never find out she was pregnant because he'd guess. That would be the worst. It was a long drive; the streets were relatively empty, and most of the time, she drove alone. Only a few cars passed by occasionally. When she reached Łódź, she found the street Daniel had given her and then the house where her grandmother lived. It was a small wooden cottage, something in the highlander style. She passed through the massive brown gate and headed for the entrance. She knocked. After a moment, she heard a quiet shuffling sound, and an elderly woman opened the door.
"Hello...grandma."
"Amelka, honey, come inside, I wasn't expecting you here.
" "Sorry if I'm disturbing you, I'm leaving now
." "No, honey, but you know, you're my second unannounced guest." She smiled mysteriously and led the girl to a room. Amelia walked through several rooms, and everywhere felt so... cozy, so familiar, and warm. She really liked it here; at that moment, she was glad she'd decided to visit her grandmother. After a moment, she entered the room where the old woman had probably led her, and saw Wiktor.
"What are you doing here?" they both screamed at the sight of each other, and Grandma just laughed.
"I'm going on vacation and I decided to visit..." she hesitated. "Your grandmother, and you?"
"And I'm visiting my own grandmother." "So
, excuse me, I'll go now, so I won't disturb you, and I still have a long trip to the seaside ahead of me.
" "So, are you going to the Baltic Sea?" Grandma asked in a warm voice. "
Yes, I've decided to rest a bit
." "You can't go without rest, I'll bring you tea and sandwiches right away." She said, ignoring Amelia's objections, and left them alone in the room
. "Amelia, I wanted to ...
" "Yes?" she asked sharply .
"Why did you do that? That time at the party?" he drawled.
"It doesn't matter.
"Is it because of me?" he asked, and sadness was visible in his eyes. She loved those big, beautiful eyes so much, and now they were looking at her with such great sadness.
"You wish, no, Wiktor, it wasn't related to you in the slightest," she lied and quickly approached the window so he wouldn't sense she wasn't telling the truth. At that moment, Grandma came with tea and food.
"You have a child, dear, eat as much as you want, you must be hungry." Amelia went to the table, drank the tea and helped herself to sandwiches, and decided she had to leave...

Part 32
"Forgive me, I have to leave, I'll visit you again," she turned to Grandma, "but probably only after I get back from the seaside," she said quickly through her teeth. She ran out of the room. She felt like she was in a maze. She glanced several times into a room she hadn't been through before and could almost say she was lost, but finally she found her way and left the house. She started towards the car when she heard Quick footsteps followed. It was definitely her brother.
"Amelia, wait," he growled. He disobeyed and continued walking, getting closer and closer to the car. "Can't you hear?" he shouted, and she felt someone shake her violently, spinning her backward. Wiktor was squeezing her hand tightly, and she couldn't free herself.
"Wiktor, please... let me go... why are you doing this to me?"
"What am I doing to you, why did you run off like a madwoman? I have the impression you don't really know what you're doing with your life." "
I have the right to do whatever I want," she screamed again, trying to break free
, but again to no avail. "Why are you doing all this? Please stop. Not long ago you were asking me to get myself together, and what are you doing now? Recently, you would have said goodbye to life at your own request. I got myself together when you asked me to, and now I'm asking you to do the same...
" "Yes, you got yourself together, very quickly in fact," she said ironically, and in her eyes one could see boundless sadness and pain.
"Amelka, what's happening to you? Do you still... do you still love me? Please tell me, I need to know.
" "Let me go." The words were stuck in her throat. She would soon start crying, and she couldn't bear it. Let me go—I want to go!
No, I won't let you go until you tell me if you still love me.
What does it matter if you're going to get married when you don't love me and never have! She screamed like crazy. Finally, something inside her snapped and she wanted to tell the world how bad she felt.
Just one word is enough and I'll leave. You know perfectly well that what you're saying isn't true and that I love you just as much now as I loved you before
. But there won't be such a word. You know you were right. What I did at the party was a reaction to the engagement. I couldn't handle it emotionally, but I've told you this before and I'll tell you again. It doesn't matter what I feel for you because there's something stronger that forbids us from being together. We crossed a threshold once that we shouldn't have, and now I'll pay for it.
"So you love me, God, I'm so happy, you can't even imagine," he said, like some 15-year-old flirting with his girlfriend. He pulled her closer and kissed her. He gently touched her lips with his own, as if savoring every inch. The girl submitted to his every gesture and willingly stood by him, but when she came to her senses after a moment, she screamed, "
We can't, understand that this won't lead to anything good.
" "Amelia, what are you talking about? Why don't you tell me what this is all about?" he shouted, parting her hair with his fingers. The girl took advantage of his release and ran to the car. When he realized, she was already inside and starting to drive away. He ran towards her and just shouted,
"Remember that I love you..."
She drove slowly, tears streaming down her face. They flowed calmly down her face. She hadn't expected this meeting or what she would hear. What good was it that he loved her if she couldn't be with him? She would never know her child, nor her child his. It was so tragic; she wished she could lose her memory again and simply forget that he was her brother, that she was carrying his child, and above all, that she loved him. Now he must marry Justyna as soon as possible; it would be best for both of them. She drove like that all night. She wasn't the least bit sleepy; she had too much to think about, she was in too much pain to sleep. She arrived at the hotel in Kolobrzeg early in the morning.
When she got out of the car, she felt a distinct, frosty air that could only be found by the sea. She chose a hotel she'd visited with her family many times. The beach was only 20 meters away, and from the square in front of the building, she could already see the slightly rough sea and the beautiful sandy beach. She remembered when she was a child. Her parents always chose areas free of rocks. The beach always had to be spotlessly clean and well-maintained, just like here.
She entered the "Marinarz" ​​(the name of the hotel) and asked for the keys. She was very tired, so her first dream was to get into the bathtub and spend the next hour there, followed by a good nap. And so she did. It wasn't until around noon that the phone woke her. She got up quickly and answered.
"Hello?
" "Finally, Amelia, I was worried something had happened to you. Why didn't you answer for so long?"
"Sorry, little brother, but I forgot to call you. I was very tired and went to bed."
"Okay, how are you feeling?"
"Terrible, I went to Grandma's and guess who was there! "
"I have no idea, Father?" "
No, Wiktor, we had another fight, this time in front of Grandma, it's terrible, he told me he loved me and all that stupid stuff, but don't worry," she said when she heard the familiar growl of dissatisfaction in the receiver...

part 33

She was on the beach. After Daniel called and woke her up, she couldn't fall asleep. She felt a gentle breeze ruffling her loose hair. She didn't even realize how beautiful she looked. If anyone pointed this out to her now, she'd probably laugh at him and say she was completely clueless. She was wearing a thin, airy dress with tiny flowers. It clung to her body, revealing her perfect figure. She walked along the seashore, occasionally bending down to pick up shells. She loved walking; recently, he'd even noticed that she preferred walking and being alone because then no one would interrupt her thoughts. She had to try so hard to keep the conversation going because it would be silly if silence reigned all the time. However, it didn't bother her at all; quite the opposite. She had chosen a good place to rest. It wouldn't be long, though. It's going to be like an anthill here, but afternoon walks have never attracted tourists as much as lying flat on the ground at noon and splashing color on your exposed skin. She'd come quite far, so she decided to head back. The weather remained unchanged. I hope it stayed that way throughout her stay. She was thinking about her newfound family when someone ran up to her. "
Good
morning," she replied, a bit confused, looking at the man who had accosted her. "Can I help you with something ?
" "No, no," he laughed charmingly, showing a row of white teeth that contrasted nicely with his dark tan. "Although..." he wondered aloud
. "So?" Amelia asked, curious
. "Could you accompany me on the walk to the hotel
? " "But..."
"Don't worry, we're staying in the same hotel." I noticed you walking down the hall. "Sailor"
- oh, really
- well, of course you're so exceptionally pretty that it's impossible not to notice you
- you're exaggerating, but maybe we should just get on your first name?
- Of course, I'm in - and he smiled again
- Amelia
- Konrad - they said at the same time and shook hands
- where are you from?
- I came from Krakow, I was also born there
- really - she was happy, and it was as if the sun was shining on her face - me too, I recently bought a house and live almost in the center
- me too, what bad luck that we had to go to the seaside to meet
- yes, indeed, and are you here alone? Or with family or friends?
"I'm completely alone, that's probably what tempted me to approach you. I've been feeling lonely for a week now, and you seemed like a kindred spirit." She smiled at him and noticed that in just a few more meters they would reach the exit to the square in front of the hotel. The time they were talking passed so quickly. "
I don't have any family, it's a shame. I used to go here with my parents. I know it might seem strange because usually young people like to travel alone and have fun, but I loved them very much. It's a pity they're dead now, now I have to go alone."
"I'm sorry, but you know what, you're right, I think we're kindred spirits. I also loved going on vacation with my parents, and more than once after their death I wished for it to happen again.
" "Mhm, you know what, that trip went by quickly, and I really enjoyed talking to you, maybe...
" "Yes?
" "Perhaps you'd accept my invitation to dinner?"
"Of course, are you still asking?" They started laughing and headed towards the restaurant. It was terribly crowded, so they gave up. In about half an hour, they would surely loosen up, so they decided to meet downstairs. Amelia quickly ran up the stairs to her room and decided to change. She looked hopeless, but only in her own eyes. She didn't realize how lustfully every other man was looking at her, and more than one girl was looking at her with envy. She changed into a blue blouse with a slight neckline and ruffles on the 3/4 sleeves, and black trousers that fit her body and revealed the shapely legs hidden beneath. She combed her hair, sprayed a few sprays of perfume, and was ready. Finally, she put on a pair of low-heeled pumps of a similar color as the blouse and slowly descended the stairs to the The atmosphere in the restaurant had changed dramatically. There were only a few couples sitting at the tables, red candles were lit, and a small orchestra was playing some slow pieces in the corner of the room. The mood was very romantic. She noticed Konrad and approached him. He stood up to greet her, and she noticed that his eyes were about to fall out. She was pleased that he liked her; it was a very nice feeling.
"You look... stunning," he said in one breath. "Truly, you're an exceptional woman. I noticed it the first time I saw you
." "Oh, I told you you were exaggerating." She blushed slightly again; something intimidated her in his company
. "I'm not exaggerating, I'm not a gardener," he said jokingly, and they both started laughing. Dinner passed very quickly and in a pleasant atmosphere. They talked for a long time, and both opened up to each other, telling each other about their lives and experiences, both pleasant and memorable. Amelia saw him looking at her with his angelic gaze and knew what might be shining. She immediately made things clear and explained to Konrad his situation...

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cross stitch pattern