sobota, 19 września 2026

Had an oncology appointment with Barb (his assistant) yesterday

. One of the first things she said was that I gained 4 pounds. I thought it was a lot more. I haven’t been weighing myself for a while, and I told them I didn’t want to know my actual weight. I haven’t been doing my indoor walks lately. I want to get back into them. (I did one so far today.) She wants me to at least be moving every 2-3 hours. I think I do even more often than that. She really liked the idea of me cooking. It’ll help with quality of life, I’ll know exactly what goes into it, and it’s more exercise. They want me to see an orthopedist about my shoulder. I broke my right shoulder really badly in March 2020. It’s never been the same. They had to have a special surgery where they put a metal plate and pins in. Lately, that ‘hardware’ hasn’t been feeling right. It’s stiffer, sore in areas, makes a cracking sound when I move it sometimes, numb along the edges. Like it’s not completely there when I touch it. I recently had an x-ray done of it. The ‘hardware’ apparently looks fine. From what I read, it could be a nerve issue. She said they can’t do more since they don’t specialize in it. At least they believe me. I hope it’ll be someone within network. The one who did the surgery was out of network, because he was the only one taking patients at the time. Hopefully I won’t have to go far, too. My recent lab work looked fine. A little low with wbc and neutrophils. She said that’s normal for the meds I’m on. Apparently I look good this time. She said she’s seen me when I was not doing well, and it’s quite a difference. She said I should keep a glass of water and salt to gargle in the bathroom. This is to help with mouth sores. I tend to get them when I take my chemo, Ibrance. (I’m on it for 3 weeks, then off a week each time.) I tend to forget to do something when it happens. I don’t really want to use the lidocaine solution, since it’ll make my mouth numb. I might try it if it gets really bad, though. She asked me if I wake up in the middle of the night. I do sometimes. I’m more worried about taking so long to fall asleep. I forgot to talk about that. Asked about hot flashes. I’ve been getting flashes often lately. I also feel super cold while trying to go to sleep at night. It’s weird. I used the fuzzy long socks last night and that helped. She asked about my fatigue. I said it’s been moderate lately. Not much different. I told her my pain at that moment was around a 3 on a scale of 1-10. Not bad, but also not very comfortable. They want my next rounds of scans to be done in February. Still doing monthly lab work, and they want me to have a monthly appointment. Either by phone or in person. They prefer in person. They couldn’t have this one over the phone, since I hadn’t seen them in person in a while. They have to actually see me a certain number times. When I had the lab work done a few days ago, I also got the flu shot. My parent was getting hers, so I thought why not? After my appointment yesterday, I decided to get my Covid shot, too. I was reluctant to do it, but I was already there. She also said it would be a good idea. After that, we went to Total Wine And More. I wanted to find a mocktail variety pack. Felt like it’ll be more fun to try. They had a pretty good non-alcoholic section. I found a variety pack. I might try the espresso martini one first. I told her about getting a mocktail, and Barb liked the idea. Saying I need to have more fun. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Силуэт у окна

Было мне тогда лет 13-14. Дома никого не было, родители с братом куда-то уехали, я был дома один. Проснулся я посреди ночи оттого, что захот...