Amelia ran to the park, where she'd originally been heading. She wasn't mistaken, it was Wiktor. He was driving with some woman, and since an ambulance was coming, he swerved to the side of the road, almost hitting her, and he didn't even notice her. Maybe that was a good thing. Why was he sitting with her, even though he has a girlfriend? It was just a friendly gesture on his part, and she was stupid... she'd known him for so long, and he meant more to her than Filip. For him, she'd forgotten the pain that came with losing her child. She probably wasn't in love with him, or at least she hoped so, but... she wasn't sure of anything. She only knew that he couldn't stand an afternoon without his company, and she probably would have called him, but to spite her, it turned out she didn't have his phone number, didn't know where he lived, or what his name was. Wiktor, that's not saying much. She was completely lost in thought and didn't know what to do, except forget about him. Because what else? He's happy with his girlfriend, and that's how it should be, and she can't ruin that happiness. Otherwise, she'd turn out to be equal to the girl who stole Filip from her. She doesn't feel anything for Filip anymore, but only because Wiktor has appeared in her path. That petite brunette might be in a worse situation, she thought, cursing herself. I can't stand it. While I was truly brave and strong in the face of all adversity, this one is truly beyond me. She was jealous of Wiktor, but she didn't realize it. It was the last feeling she would admit to herself or anyone else. She returned home late in the afternoon and was surprised that her walk with Sara had lasted so long. She intended to go to sleep as soon as possible so as not to think about what she had seen, but as soon as she lay in bed, she began to cry. God, I think I've fallen in love with him. And he was leaving, just like everything else, another one on her list of lost loved ones. She cried for a long time, until she finally fell asleep...
She woke up early in the morning and decided she wouldn't wait for Wiktor's call but would look for a job on her own. The whole day, however, turned out to be wasted, as there was no need for someone with the education she currently possessed. Exhausted, she got off the bus, which stopped about 50 meters from her building. A plan was forming in her mind, but she couldn't quite bring herself to commit to it yet. It was tempting, but risky. If she didn't find a job, she'd have to take a chance, she thought, opening the door and entering the building. On the way upstairs, she decided to check on Wioletta. She knocked, and after a moment, the door opened.
-Hi Amelka, are you here for a chat? - She smiled charmingly, showing her dimples
. -No, I just popped in on the way upstairs to ask if you needed anything.
-You're so sweet, I have everything, I really don't need anything, and why are you so exhausted? Have you been somewhere?
"I've been looking for a job all day, but to no avail," she replied sadly. "I'm going now, tomorrow I think I'll have to go to the unemployment office." She waved and slowly walked up the stairs
. "Where have you been?" She heard a familiar voice and lifted her head.
"Oh, Wiktor, what are you doing here? I was looking for a job, but unfortunately, without results...
" "Why?" he asked, surprised, watching her open the door to the apartment. "I told you I'd give you the number of the company.
" "Yes, but yesterday when you left, you said 'goodbye' so strangely, and I thought we wouldn't see each other again. I was going to call you, but then I realized I didn't have your number...
" "Mhm, if I remember correctly, I said I'd call and give you the number, but I missed you so much that I wanted to see you." Amelia grimaced at these words, and he noticed. He was confused. Why does he talk like that? He's always charming, and I succumb to his words. I wish they were true, she thought, and howled inside with pain.
"Here's your number, and you're probably very tired, so I won't bother you. Call them tomorrow morning and they'll definitely take you. You'll see, it'll be okay!" he said optimistically, touching the tip of her nose with his finger. "
I'd like to consult you on something. If you could carve out another half hour for me, I'd be grateful..." she said in a pleading tone.
"Sure, what's the matter?"
"Come on, let's sit in the room," she said, and they did
. "Excuse me?"
I don't know if I've told you, but I've won quite a lot of money. I'd like to invest it somewhere safe, not just so it can grow. I'm not talking about a bank account or deposit, of course. I was thinking specifically about a thriving company whose shares I could buy.
Hmm, good idea. I think there are several such companies. Do you know
any specific one that could secure my future and you could guarantee it won't go bankrupt and I won't lose my money?
I'm afraid to take that risk. I can't promise you that any of the companies I have in mind won't go bankrupt in a year, five, or ten years. Unfortunately, that's impossible to predict.
Yes, I know. Hmm, could you advise me which one is the most trustworthy and worth investing in?

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz