Amelia entered the apartment. The mess was so messy that she was embarrassed in front of Wiktor; she didn't want him to mistake her for a messy person. She quickly cleared the roughly scattered items from the floor so they could walk through freely and went to the kitchen to make them some tea. While waiting for the water to boil, she cleared the dirty dishes from the kitchen and opened the windows in the apartment. She changed into fresh clothes and went to Wiktor with cookies and tea. She noticed that he was snuggled in her favorite armchair, which she'd bought at a sale, and was fast asleep. He simply fell asleep. The sight of it broke her; he looked so sweet. He pretended to be tough in front of her, but those three days in the hospital had really worn him out. She went to get a blanket and covered him. She wouldn't bother him. During this time, she cleaned up the apartment, but it was so thorough, and made a delicious dinner that she was surprised she even wanted to. Usually, she didn't have time for this and limited herself to going to the cafeteria. Wiktor was still asleep, so she decided to go downstairs to a neighbor's house. She had the keys to Amelia's apartment, and as she noticed, she used them because there was no sign of her beloved dog anywhere in the apartment. She went down three floors and knocked on the door. A young woman, perhaps no older than 35, opened the door. She was immediately greeted by a huge Dalmatian dog.
"Sara, my love," she said affectionately to the dog that was snuggling up to her leg.
"Hello, Amelka, where have you been all this time? I was worried about you and allowed myself to take Sara in. "
I'm terribly grateful to you, I don't know what I would do without you, and my dog would probably starve to death, not to mention what would be happening in my apartment."
"Where were you?" You didn't tell me you were going anywhere, the neighbor asked.
"I had an accident, I was hit by a car," she said in a disinterested voice, as if she was already used to what had happened to her
. "Oh my God, what an accident, get inside quickly. You have to tell me everything. I was just about to ask where those scratches on your face came from," the worried friend said. "
I'm sorry, but not today. I'm so sorry, but I have a guest upstairs and I actually just came to pick up Sara. Thank you again for looking after her. I'll come over later and we can chat," she said, hugging her and running up the stairs, occasionally petting the happy dog.
"Where have you been?" she heard Wiktor's voice, who was standing by the front door and clearly waiting for her. "I was worried about you!"
"I'm not a little girl and I don't need a bodyguard," she said, and smiled so beautifully that Wiktor didn't say anything else. "You know what, I'll make some fresh tea and we'll have a drink. Come with me to the kitchen and help me or you'll fall asleep again." They laughed and went to the kitchen.
They spent a very pleasant day. They drank tea and ate two packages of freckles. They talked for a while and had a great time. Later, Amelia put on her favorite romantic comedy and they watched it until late, snuggled up together on the small sofa under a blanket. She felt safer with him than she ever had with Filip. Only this moment mattered, no matter what had happened or what would come. She couldn't be sad or weak around him. He gave her strength. If it weren't for him, she would have lain in bed from morning till night, destroying tons of tissues. Yet, thanks to him, she tried to be strong. They fell asleep without even realizing it. They woke up only in the morning. Amelia opened her eyes and saw Wiktor watching her.
"What happened?" she asked sleepily, stretching.
-Nothing,- he blushed,-has anyone ever told you that you look beautiful when you sleep?
"Few people have had the opportunity to see me sleeping," she said, embarrassed, "especially in the morning
." "You know what, we probably fell asleep.
" "Mhm, yes, but it's nothing, it was nice spending the evening with you. I hope you didn't have plans for today and that you didn't waste the day because of it." She glanced at her watch. "It's already 11 o'clock
." "Don't worry, I have the next few days reserved just for you. I want to spend a lot of time with you and be with you until you remember everything and get back on your feet.
" "Thank you, you're so kind, I really don't know why you do so much for me...
"Me neither!" he said teasingly and smiled at her. "Take a shower, in the meantime, I'll prepare something for breakfast
." "But I don't think I have anything in the fridge... "
"Don't worry, I'm sure I'll find something edible ."
"After breakfast, I'll have to look for a job, I'm sure I'll be out of my current job." They fired me. I wasn't there that long, and I didn't even notify them. I know it's a very boring job, so...
"Don't try to get rid of me, you won't succeed anyway," he said, and the girl felt a weight lifted from her heart. "Now, run to the bathroom.
I wonder what he found in there that smells so delicious
." "Coffee's ready," she heard Wiktor's voice coming from the kitchen. Someone rang the doorbell. She heard Wiktor's footsteps.
"Who are you?" she heard a familiar voice. "Where's Amelia
?" "I'm here," the girl said menacingly, emerging from the bathroom with wet hair, dressed only in a bathrobe...

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz