środa, 17 września 2025

love has more than one name part 9


You know, grandma wants to meet you, could you? You know
- sure, I'll go in a moment, I'll just finish my coffee
- thank you, you don't even know how much this means to me -
it's nothing, anyone would do the same in my place - she said and blushed
- no, not everyone, and you know it perfectly well, I wanted to ask you one more thing, tell me when you plan to go to Krakow? It's already late, and you shouldn't spend the next day here just because of my grandmother
- don't forget that I wanted to come here, and besides, maybe they're my family too
- hmm, yes, if you're some kind of family of your father's, then yes, but it seems to me that your mother was just a good friend of his - I
hope only an acquaintance, not, for example, a lover - she thought
- let's go, since your grandmother is waiting for us.
When they arrived, Amelia hesitated a bit, turned to Wiktor, who was standing behind her, and She said,
"Could I talk to your grandmother alone for a moment?"
"I don't know why we keep these secrets," he smiled, "but it's fine, I'll wait here until I can go inside ." "Thank
you." She sighed with relief and gently pressed the door handle. "
Good morning, Mrs. Elwira, may I..." "
Come in, dear child," she replied in a hoarse but kind voice. "Come in, don't be afraid of me, I don't bite."
Elwira looked at her silently for a moment, then said
, "I heard what you said. You know, it's a strange feeling, but I was constantly aware of what they were doing to me, but it was as if I couldn't communicate with them." She laughed and continued. "I really wanted to talk to you, though. It must have been this inner strength that forced me to finally come out of that abyss. I heard you talking, but I can't understand the meaning of those words. Could you explain it to me somehow?
" "I'm sorry, those are just my guesses... I didn't mean to upset you... I'm very sorry... I..."
"Calm down, you have nothing to apologize for, just tell me what's on your mind!"
She told her everything. About how her mother treated her and how she later found out why, how she thought Jerzy might be the father, how her boyfriend cheated on her, and how hard it is for her now.
"I know you think I'm completely lost and don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll really believe anything after what happened to me.
" "Yes, you are lost, but that's normal after life has been so hard on you," she said, gently stroking Amelia's cheeks, which were now streaming with tears. "
I'm glad you found Wiktor. He's a good boy, and you'll always be able to lean on him.
" "Yes, I know, he's helped me more than once, even though we've only known each other for a short time. He's truly wonderful; I feel like I've known him forever."
-I think you should go to Krakow and talk to my son, he will surely know the answers to these questions.
-It's a pity, I thought you would help me, but it's nothing, I've already wasted a lot of time, I can stand this for another day or two
. -I think so too, honey, and don't worry anymore, dry your face, there should be a mirror by the table, when you're done, ask Wiktor to come inside (...)
Amelia was now sitting on the train, returning home, or rather to the place where she was staying now. Just as Elwira had wanted, Wiktor packed her safe and sound onto the train so that she could reach Krakow that same day. She didn't want to go, but she knew it was for the best. She was slowly becoming attached to Wiktor. All this time, she hadn't even thought about Filip and she didn't feel bad at all when she remembered the incident at his dorm. None of that mattered. What mattered was her child's happiness, he was now is the most important thing to her. Of course, the fact that she might have found the family she never had was also important. She would have to talk to her uncle; perhaps he would be willing to tell her the truth, and if it turned out she wasn't his daughter, he might be able to help her search for her father. However, if she was, she would have two brothers, Wiktor and Daniel. The mere thought that Elwira was her grandmother lit up her eyes and a smile lit up her face. It was a wonderful thought, and she wouldn't give it up to anyone, even if it turned out to be false.
The train arrived in Krakow only five minutes late. She watched as her loved ones greeted her fellow passengers. She no longer felt sad; she knew she was no longer alone, that there was someone in the world counting on her.
Days passed, and she couldn't bring herself to call Jerzy; every time she picked up the phone, she put it down again. She often thought of Wiktor, Elwira, and Daniel. After all, she didn't even know what Daniel looked like. She really wanted to meet him, and perhaps that was why she finally decided to call. "
Good morning, have I found Jerzy?" she asked the woman who answered the phone.
"Good morning, please wait a moment. He'll be here soon
." "Yes?" After a moment, her uncle's familiar voice spoke. "Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"
-Good morning, uncle, this is Amelia
-Hello Amelia, how are you
-Thank you, uncle, everything is fine
-That's good, I'm very happy
-I wanted to make an appointment, could you spare me a moment?...

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Не буди спящего

«Не буди его резко, ни в коем случае не буди, душа не успеет вернуться», — эту фразу я часто слышал от своей бабушки, когда сидел с младшим ...