poniedziałek, 22 września 2025

Tower


We sat in silence for a while. I didn't really need words now; his presence alone was enough.
The flames from the fireplace cast a delicate light on his noble features, reflected in his wise, gentle eyes, over which his hair gleamed silver. He was beautiful.
I looked at him with admiration and a certain apprehension that I was being too bold. Yet, I didn't want to tear my eyes away.
He turned his head and smiled, as if drawn to my thoughts.
"I'm sorry, Anariel, but I don't know the answers to your questions. Apparently, they require more knowledge and experience than mine," he said after a moment. His low voice had a soothing quality to it, penetrating me, almost hypnotizing me.
I felt a sudden heartbeat and lowered my gaze, unable to hold the gaze of his deep eyes.
"Have I disappointed you?" he asked in the same tone.
"But no," came my own, trembling, barely audible whisper. Gods, how could I be disappointed after meeting him?! It didn't matter that I hadn't received answers to any of my questions; they didn't matter to me at that moment. I just wanted to sit with him and listen to his voice. He smiled in an endearing way, and his face softened even more. He looked like an angel, like a god himself.
"Come with me," he tenderly placed his hand on mine.
We climbed the narrow, winding stairs. Even as we climbed, the air grew colder. The tower had no windows; torches attached to the walls lit our way, and strange sounds, like broken moans, echoed from beyond the walls every so often. I stopped when one of them grew louder and listened intently. Lleu stopped behind me, a few steps down, waiting silently.
"Keep going, it's only the wind," he said politely.
I was enchanted.
I didn't stop until we reached the very top, when we stood before a massive door made of thick glass.
Lleu opened it and, putting his arm around me, led me inside.
The room was dimly lit, occasionally by the flickering flame of a candle. Rows of wooden shelves lined the walls, holding countless leather-bound books, parchments, rolled-up maps, and sketches of some kind. In the center of the room stood a beautiful, massive desk made of dark wood with carved legs and a glass top. It was a mess, with books left open as if someone had just been reading them, loose notes sticking out between them, a map depicting the constellations of the sky, and nearby, measuring instruments. Behind the desk stood a large, soft armchair, upholstered in red velvet with carved wooden arms. A black coat hung haphazardly from the back, perhaps hastily abandoned. On the wall opposite the door was a large window that opened onto a small terrace.
Lleu, putting his arm around me again, led me to the glass doors and then onto the terrace.
The setting sun had long since disappeared below the horizon, and a deepening darkness began to envelop the area. The forest below looked like black sea waves stretching far away. Somewhere to the north, amidst the velvety blackness, the lights of a village, perhaps a town, twinkled. It was peaceful, with only the occasional whistle of the wind breaking the eerie silence.
"Look," Lleu said suddenly, pointing to the sky. It was incredibly black, blacker than pitch, blacker than anything I'd ever seen, and pale stars were scattered across it like diamonds.
"Ask them, maybe they'll answer you.
" "Do they answer you?" I whispered.
He smiled and looked up at the sky again.
I raised my eyes and waited in silence, still repeating the questions in my mind. But I heard nothing but the soft howl of the wind and the rustle of the forest somewhere below.
"I don't hear anything," I said. "I don't think they want to tell me anything."
He turned to me. His eyes reflected stars, and his lips parted in a gentle, slightly mischievous smile. He ran his fingers across my cheek, then stroked my hair.
"You have to learn to listen to them, then they will speak. Now let's go, it's getting chilly."
There was something captivating about his touch and his words, something that made me want to wrap myself in his arms and stay like that forever. I felt I loved him, infinitely, and yet I barely knew him.
I stood speechless, staring at his face, replaying his voice over and over in my mind, recalling his touch. Time itself had no meaning for me.
"Anariel," his slightly surprised tone snapped me out of my reverie.
"Yes?" I asked, confused.
"Let's go inside," he repeated, trying to hide my amusement.
I followed him. We were back up the narrow stone stairs. The hallway was cooler than outside.
When we entered his chamber, I felt the air envelop me, warmed by the fire. I felt calmer and more confident than I had been up there. Perhaps that was what made me approach Lleu and place my hand on his shoulder. But his gaze made me feel uneasy again. I lowered my gaze and was about to pull away when he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. I felt his warmth and scent. I was happy to be his for a moment.
"Did you really come here to ask me these questions?" he whispered.
I didn't respond, and he laughed in amusement

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dream

" He closed his eyes and saw a drop of water falling from a great height. He didn't know where it was falling from, for there was n...