wtorek, 23 września 2025

LOVE HAS MANY NAMES PART 21

Amelia took the bus to work for the first time; usually, Wiktor would pick her up and drop her off. Later, they would enter the building together and only part ways to go to their offices, which were only separated by a wall anyway. Now she had to go in alone, which was quite a sensation. She was dressed modestly, not wanting to attract attention, but it still didn't work out. Fortunately, she didn't meet Wiktor; that would have been the limit of her endurance. She had worked all afternoon, and when she had any questions, she couldn't turn to Wiktor like she had been doing lately, taking advantage of every ambiguity to see him, even for a moment. Now she would like to do the same, but unfortunately, despite herself, she tried to ignore him and stay away from him. After great suffering, it was time for the visit. She waited until Karolina, her secretary, announced It was around 3 p.m. when the secretary finally ushered the guests inside. Her father brought in a grown man who was to be her wonderful, dreamy older brother. He was as tall as Wiktor, maybe a little shorter. He had dark hair and the same dark complexion. He was dressed more casually than Wiktor usually did. Suddenly, she found herself comparing them; in fact, Daniel resembled his father; Wiktor was probably a replica of the mother she hadn't met yet.
"Hello, Dad, hello, Daniel, I'm Amelia, nice to meet you," she said sweetly and shook his hand, and he unexpectedly hugged her tightly and started kissing her cheeks.
"Amelia, what have you done with these papers?" Wiktor shouted without even knocking on the door and seeing Daniel hugging him... Amelia. "What's going on here, Daniel, what are you doing here and why are you..." he couldn't express himself and pointed at Amelia, holding some crumpled papers in his hand. "Why are you kissing her?
" "Oh, little brother, it's just a friendly thing, you're not jealous, at least sit down and we'll talk." Amelia gasped, let him go, she wasn't sure if his father had warned Daniel not to tell Wiktor, and she was afraid that now everything would come out.
"I'm not jealous, and I won't bother you," he hissed, letting the words out through his teeth, and slammed the door.
"What happened to him, Dad? Don't you think he's been acting strange lately? He's in such different moods, he was so happy for a while, and now he's so bitter, hmm, don't you think?" "
I'm glad you came. Maybe we can go downstairs to the café?" Amelia tried to change the subject. "
Of course, whatever you wish, little sister." He laughed and took her arm
. "I won't bother you, you can talk and make up for lost time as best you can." Father smiled and left.
"So, shall we go?"
"Sure, let's go." They went downstairs. Daniel kept his arm around her the whole time, which piqued her interest. She didn't care at all what they thought of her, or what they were judging her now. She wanted to be with her brother and get to know him as well as possible. She didn't know that Wiktor, sick with jealousy, was watching them from afar the whole time. They went downstairs and sat down at a table.
- I'm glad I met you, really. You know, I have siblings, but you're not related. Besides, there's nothing to regret, there are four of them, they're all terribly selfish and we never had a good relationship. Now, after our parents died, we don't talk to each other at all.
- I'm sorry, as you already know, I have one brother, a younger one, Wiktor. I love him very much, he's a really nice guy, but you've probably already found that out.
- Yes, I know it's terribly complicated, but I dated him.
- I don't understand.
- We dated as a couple, I didn't know he was my brother, I fell in love with him and he probably fell in love with me, and now it's impossible for us to be together. Those moods of his that you mentioned are probably why, when I met him, I thought he was a great guy. It wouldn't have occurred to me to be with him, because from what I've seen, He said, "I guessed he might be my brother. After my father confirmed it, I had an accident and didn't remember anything for over a month. When I remembered everything, it was already too late. I'd been seeing him all this time and I fell in love with him. The worst part is that even though I know he's my brother, I can't shake this feeling inside me
—poor thing, he does too, does he know?
" "No, I haven't told him why we can't continue seeing each other. I think he'd be devastated and hate our father. I hope he forgets. I can't keep in touch with him, and he'll definitely find another girl."
"I'm not so sure. He only had one girlfriend, a few years ago. She died in an accident. Some drunk guy hit her. He couldn't stand it. It seemed to me that he was still suffering because of it. He's very handsome, many girls wanted to be with him, but he didn't. You broke down that wall. If he loses you too, I don't know if he'll shut down completely. Did
he... like me... lose you, or was he drinking?
" "No, I don't think anyone can make him do that. If you know him well, you know what strict rules he has about it," he said in a sympathetic voice, and he saw that she was crying.

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cross ❌ stitch pattern