sobota, 10 października 2026

Dan Dan Noodles with Smoked Salmon for dinner

. The recipe’s from The Fishwife Cookbook. I made a mild version of it. It said it serves 1. The sauce had peanut butter, sesame paste, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, a little rice vinegar, and a little sesame oil. I used their regular tin of smoked salmon. (Instead of the one with chili crisp.) I compared, and the one they use was 0.5 oz less, so I took out that much. I added more rice vinegar and sesame oil to the fish. I chose soba noodles. I’m not used to making them. They wanted me to use 4 oz, but that looked like too much to me. I decided to use 3 oz instead. They had me crush peanuts for the garnish. They suggested I have 3 baby bok choy with it. I thought 2 were plenty. The smallest I could find instead of ‘medium’ sized. They were huge at the market. I’ve never cooked it before. I think I’ve mostly just had them at Chinese buffets. I didn’t realize how quickly they would cook. They had me blanch them, by throwing them in the same pot as the noodles were cooking in, for the last couple of minutes. First they had me make and mix the sauce in a bowl. Then, do the noodles and bok choy. After draining them, I put the bok choy on a plate. The noodles were added to the bowl with the sauce, and I mixed it. I think it would have been easier with a little more liquid of some kind. Like, the noodle water. Then, I mixed in the salmon and topped it with the peanuts. They said to also put the bok choy on top. I thought that would be too messy. I added salt and pepper to the bok choy. It came out pretty good. The noodles were tasty too. Very nutty, rich, and filling.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Diamond painting 🎨