sobota, 15 sierpnia 2026

Because It's Just For Fun



Klaudia had been preparing for the exam all evening. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't learn the topics. What's more, she was already suffering from sleepiness. On her desk, next to various notes, lay a small pill. It was a last resort, as her friend used to say. Klaudia had taken drugs before, but only to study. She knew that the energy this tiny pill gave her was only temporary and that it was devastating her body. However, situations often forced her to do so. She was most pleased when she took it before her final exams. She received excellent grades, and no one even guessed the reason. She, a girl with average grades, suddenly received the best grades in the entire school. Everyone thought it was due to hard work and enormous dedication. However, only one night was enough for her to completely master the material. It didn't matter that she later remembered nothing of what she wrote on the final exam. For her, only the result mattered. Now, thanks to these grades, she could study at a very good university.
I can't help it, I have an exam tomorrow, the girl thought to herself. "It's just one little pill." She swallowed it quickly, washing it down with juice. Now she needs to focus on the subject. She began to read slowly. At first, she read and read, but nothing remained in her head. She didn't understand much of this economic nonsense, as she often called it.
However, as time passed, her mind absorbed more and more, and it was constantly hungry for knowledge. At some point, only Klaudia and the book remained. Nothing else mattered. She was completely absorbed in the world of securities.


"Phew, I survived this exam," Klaudia thought. And it was all thanks to one pill. She smiled to herself. "I won't get addicted if I take it a few times. After all, why waste time during the semester when you can easily pass exams by studying during the exam period? And with good grades, too. After all, I got a 4.5 on the last one. If I keep this up, I could get a scholarship. And I'm not even tired." The smile on the girl's face grew. She reached for her phone and dialed her friend's number.
"Monika? Hi, it's Klaudia.
" "Hi, Klaudia. How are you, how's the exam going?
" "You have no idea how well I'm doing. I got a 4.5 on my last exam, and it's all thanks to this last resort.
" "I told you it works. I can handle it myself, just as well as all those nerds."
"You know, I wish I had a few more of those pills. You know, the exam is long." Both girls burst out laughing.
"I understand, so we have to meet. Are you free tonight?
" "Sure. Anyway, the sooner the better.
" "So we're set. Take the money.
" "Okay, see you tonight.
" "Bye."
Klaudia lay down on the bed. Now she was convinced she wouldn't have any problems with the exam session. And if I get good grades, she thought, the parents will sponsor something, maybe an exotic trip. After all, studying is so important to them. And she started laughing again. She lay there dreaming of exotic beaches, warm seas, and what she would do during the holidays.



Klaudia was happy. Her exam session had been a complete success. She had one of the highest GPAs at the entire university. She could easily apply for a scholarship. Now it was time for her long-awaited vacation. A smile spread across her face. Now she'll get everything she wants from the parents, she thought to herself.
The ringing of the phone interrupted her thoughts. Klaudia picked up the receiver.
"Hi Klaudia, it's Monika.
" "Oh, hi.
" "How did the exam session go?
" "Great, Monika, great, and it's all thanks to you. I owe you a huge debt.
" "Don't talk nonsense, that's what friends are for, after all." Do you have any plans for tonight, because if not, we're going to a party together.
" "No, I haven't planned anything. What kind of party is this?" Klaudia asked.
"An old friend is throwing a birthday party. It's going to be quite a party. Lots of good music. Great people, and of course, other things.
" "Great. We need to chill out after the session. So be ready around seven. I'll come over earlier, and we'll have something to eat. After all, we can't just go to a party like this normally.
" "Okay. I'll be there.
" "See you tonight.
What a wonderful world this is," Klaudia thought to herself. Everything had worked out just as I'd planned. She glanced at her watch. It was only two o'clock. I still have a lot of time until evening," she thought to herself. "Maybe I'll try that new pill Marcin gave me. He said it gave a real kick." She reached into the drawer and reached into the container of orange pills. She took two, washed them down with juice, and lay back down on the bed. Staring at the ceiling, she sank deeper and deeper into her thoughts, finally losing touch with reality completely. Nothing mattered now, only herself—the brilliant student at the University of Economics, the exemplary daughter, and the student everyone loved.


When she heard the doorbell, she was still in the bathroom, relaxing in a hot bath. She still had about three hours until the party. "Who could it be?" she thought. She stepped out of the tub, wrapped herself in her favorite Winnie the Pooh towel, and stood on the cold floor. She began to wonder where her slippers had gone, but the intensifying ringing distracted her from the chill radiating from her feet. She hurried toward the door, leaving a wet trail behind her. She opened the door. Bodzio, her good friend since high school, was standing on the staircase.
"Hey, baby. I see you're not ready yet." He walked inside, passing Klaudia in the doorway.
"Hi." She closed the door behind him and headed towards the room.
"What are you doing so early? Don't you know that we women need a little more time.
" "You know, I have some great stuff. I thought we'd smoke it before we leave." The boy sat down in the armchair and pulled a beer out of his backpack, then a small bag. He sniffed it, then tossed it towards the girl.
"Grab it. Smell it. Fresh delivery. If you smile nicely, I might light a bag or two for you." He winked at her. Klaudia grabbed it and then ran her nose along the open edge.
"It smells divine." She smiled and tossed the bag to the boy.
"Give me 15 minutes in the bathroom. I'll get myself ready and I'm at your service." With that, she turned on her heel and ran towards the still-open bathroom door. The boy settled himself even more comfortably in the armchair, opened a beer, and turned on the TV.

Klaudia emerged from the bathroom twenty minutes later, finding Bodzio in the same position she'd left him in. Well, except that there were only three empty cans next to him, instead of full ones.
"Finally. I'm out of beers. What are you women doing in these bathrooms so much?" He asked, and as if not expecting an answer, he started filling a pipe he'd previously pulled from his backpack.
"Come on. You'll soon feel the taste of pristine stuff." The girl sat down in the other armchair on the opposite side of the bench. She grabbed the filled pipe the boy had handed her, lit the end, and inhaled deeply. She held the smoke in her lungs for several seconds before exhaling sharply, feeling a sharp sting in her throat. She began coughing.
"I haven't felt like this since that time we smoked in the basement.
" "That time you thought you were falling?"
"Yeah. I haven't coughed like that on grass in ages." Klaudia gargled, drinking the cold coffee that had been sitting on the coffee table since morning. She stopped coughing. She took five more drags. With each inhalation, the annoying scratching sensation faded further.
"That's enough for me," she replied. "I'd like to go to that party after all.
" "Okay. We'll get a few more drinks there. Put your shoes on and let's go."
She sat down on the couch and began to squeeze her shoe onto her foot. As she tilted her head down, staring at the carpet, everything was spinning. Dark brown spots on the red carpet seemed to dance, and her gaze wandered after them unconsciously. Only Bodzio's voice snapped her out of her reverie.
"Get dressed, girl. Or they'll chug all our beer at the party.
" "Okay, now. It's just that I enjoy everything spinning."
With that, she put on her other shoe, laced it up, and they both left. The walk to the bus stop, though no more than two hundred meters, seemed incredibly long. Everything around her felt strange, familiar and yet new. When she reached the crosswalk leading to the other side of the street, where the bus stop was, her fascination with the world around her suddenly vanished. In its place was a feeling of fear. The cars passing in front of her sped at breakneck speeds, while the people strolling along the city sidewalks at this late hour trudged along far too slowly. Everything was strange. The streetlights distorted their bodies and faces. Moreover, Klaudia felt as if everyone around her could see her state. Everyone was staring at her and talking about her. When she felt a tug on her arm, she involuntarily moved forward. Only after a few seconds did she realize it was Bodzio, who had literally dragged her across the crosswalk. She felt very tired. She wanted to say something, but all the energy she'd put into preparing for this party suddenly vanished, leaving only a fragile memory in the young girl's devastated mind. She sat down on a bench. Once there, it turned out Bodzio had met one of his friends. He introduced him to Klaudia. However, the girl didn't remember his name, quickly disappearing into her thoughts about the suddenly changing speeds of cars and people. From time to time, she tried to understand what her friends were saying. However, these attempts quickly ended in failure, as her ability to concentrate was now almost nonexistent. When the bus arrived, Bodzio had to help the girl onto the bus again. The bus was packed with people, so they had to stand, holding on to the leather handles suspended from old, worn-out tubes. Klaudia gripped one tightly. She began to look around the interior, and suddenly, consciousness returned, or so she thought. She felt the last of her strength, which had gotten her this far, suddenly begin to drain away. Her legs tingled. She gripped the leather handle with all her might. She gathered all her thoughts, with one goal in mind: she had to stay on her feet. "So many people were looking at her," she thought, and at the same moment a new thought flashed through her mind. Behind her stood three or four boys. She heard a snippet of their conversation; she couldn't even remember what it was, but it felt like they were talking about her. Worse still, she heard them mocking her. However, every time she focused all her strength to hear exactly what they were talking about, she lost her balance and had to return to a deliberate grip on the handle. The journey seemed to drag on, and the bus was getting more and more crowded. The pressure, the feeling of strangers brushing against her, triggered more sick thoughts. She felt like she was having convulsions every now and then. Those twitches that lasted a second. She knew exactly when one was going to happen. She tensed every muscle,But that only softened the movement. At one point, it crossed her mind that maybe she was just pulling these crazy tricks. "It's probably true, I'm probably just imagining it all," she thought. However, all these seemingly imaginary ailments didn't disappear completely. It's true that their presence had subsided somewhat. The girl struggled, alone, for another five minutes, though for her it felt like an eternity, and then she heard Bodzio's familiar voice.
"Klaudia, come on, come on!"
She couldn't answer. She left, carried by the crowd of departing passengers. Once she was in the fresh air, she felt better. The journey had been a nightmare, the likes of which she'd never experienced before. It had only lasted 15 minutes, but the thousands of thoughts per second made it feel much, much longer.
"Never again!" she added quietly. But she hadn't known then that such promises shouldn't be made.

By the time they reached the party, Klaudia was feeling much better. She'd recovered from the weed-induced rush. She was ready for another dose of excitement. Just outside the door of the apartment where the party was to be held, she heard the first sounds of it. Inside, a cheerful friend greeted her, handing her a beer at the doorstep.
"Well, you've arrived. The party's just starting, but a few people are already here."
When she entered the room, she discovered several of her friends from her year were there. She didn't know a few people, but alcohol can break the ice, and after half an hour, she knew everyone, even those who arrived later. She began to continue the host's ritual, opening doors for newcomers and handing out more beers. When the party was in full swing, Monika took the girl aside.
"Come with me, I promised you something." Then the friends went to a small room that wasn't yet occupied. They closed the door. Monika pulled a small box from the cupboard and from it a small bag containing white contents. She emptied everything onto the table and divided it into small portions.
"Let's load it up," she said with a smile.
"I don't know, I think I've gone a bit overboard today.
" "Come on! You're still on your feet." She winked. "Don't be fooled, besides, I promised you a good time today, and the stuff is great. We'll party until morning.
" "Okay, but just a little." "She walked over and snorted two lines, one into each nostril. Monika did the same. There were still four lines left on the table.
"Let's finish this.
" "Come on, I don't want to fall off too soon.
" "Are you silly?! After this, we'll party until morning; we'll definitely have plenty of energy. It'll just wake you up. Besides, we don't want the stuff to go to waste. Someone else will come in and suck it all up.
" "Okay, but if I fall off..." She glared at Monika, then snorted two more long lines.
When they finished, they both returned to the party. Time flew by after that. Klaudia felt truly great. She drank beer after beer. From time to time, she also received pills from Monika and other friends to help her relax. She felt amazing. She was everywhere at once. She was talking to everyone at the same time. Everything was full. For a while. Suddenly, she felt a churning feeling in her stomach. "It's probably from this constant rushing. I need to rest for a while." She went to the room where she had been snorting lines with Monika. She tripped over someone. She looked down. Bodzio was snoring soundly on the floor. Right next to the bed. He must have missed, she thought, then lying down in her friend's place. She fell asleep quickly.

Around four o'clock, a loud knock on the door echoed through the apartment. Monika, still able to walk, went to open the door. She found four officers standing outside.
"Good evening, ma'am. We've received several complaints about the music being too loud. And from what I hear, we've come to the right place.
" "Good morning," groaned the girl, who was having a difficult time with her hiccups.
"Can we come in?" The question was rather rhetorical, as at that very moment the officer's foot crossed the threshold. The others also entered. Monika, leaning against the wall, was unable to resist. She slid helplessly to the floor and sat down, crossing her legs. She sat there for a long time, watching the police herd the more sober-looking people out, taking down their details. The others were to be taken to a sobering-up center. Suddenly, a scream echoed from deeper in the apartment.
"Bartek, come here quickly and call an ambulance. Quickly, we have an emergency." The officer taking the exit list ran in the direction from which he had been called. Monika, curious about the situation, slowly moved in that direction. Along the way, she heard a conversation.
"Call an ambulance, quickly!
" "Why, you can see she's dead.
" "Maybe they'll help her.
" "Come on, touch her forehead." He demonstrated the action as he spoke. "She's cold as ice. Nothing will help her now.
" "Stupid kids," the other one replied. "They're all short of anything."
"This is officer Markiewicz, we need to send an ambulance. You don't have to hurry. We have a dead body here."
Monika entered the room. Klaudia was lying on the bed. Her eyes were wide open, her pupils incredibly large. There was a trace of long-dried saliva around her mouth. She had fainted...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Cross stitch pattern