I'm going fast. I'm going without looking to the sides, because how can you drive and look around? Am I racing? Yes, but I don't care who I'm racing against. It doesn't matter, because when I see a long, straight stretch, you push yourself to the limit. Only when a corner approaches do I slow down to avoid going off the road. Some people don't have time to brake before a corner and end up going off the road. I'm not perfect, it happens to me too. It's just that I strive to be perfect when others don't care, so I'm less likely to go off the road. I enter a corner, slow down slightly, and keep my foot above the brake, just in case. I lightly press the gas pedal with my other foot to avoid losing speed completely. After a long drive, I've come to the conclusion that this road is incredibly winding, so whenever I see a long, straight stretch, I don't intend to move at a snail's pace. The faster and more forcefully I seize that moment, the further I'll go. Right now, I'm squeezing this simple moment to make the most of it. When I look in the mirror and see myself leaping away from the others, a smile spreads across my face. I'm better, I'm the best. I bask in this success and, for a moment, forget that I should slow down. When I see the bend too late, I slam on the brakes, but it's not enough to stop the speeding machine. I lose control of the controls and swerve off the road, plummeting. There's nothing I can do, so with my eyes closed and teeth clenched, I await the worst moment. The impact is so hard I lose consciousness. I'm gasping for air, unable to even move, and I feel excruciating pain. The pain of moral decay, the pain of betrayal of my values, the pain of self-contempt. As I become more accustomed to this pain, I open my eyes. I've fallen very low. So low that I can barely see the outline of the road I've been traveling so far. I still can't get up, can't even move, because something heavy is pressing me into this gloomy pit where I lie. I try to scream, to say something, or at least whisper, so that those above, still riding, can hear me, notice me. And although I think my voice is audible, no one slows down. No one has heard or even noticed that a man who has overconfident himself has just fallen.
czwartek, 6 sierpnia 2026
Subskrybuj:
Komentarze do posta (Atom)
Sweet Temptation (Part 3)
How could he? How could he treat me like that...? I'd never given him reason to be jealous, I'd never cheated on him, and now, at th...
-
Ingredients: 4 large egg whites, room temperature 1 cup superfine sugar 1 tsp cornstarch 1 tsp white vinegar 1/2 tsp orange blos...
-
The C-class intergalactic fighter, aptly named " Balbina ," glided with characteristic grace toward the constellation Beta D . The...
-
"Angeline also mentioned a prince today. She can't think about anyone else, it's always prince and prince... who is he and wher...
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz