The school was organizing a campaign called "Let's Help Others." Volunteers volunteered at a nearby center for the blind and helped children with even the simplest tasks. I decided to volunteer. The center manager led me to a special room. It was a kitchen, but not a regular one. There was much less furniture than in a regular kitchen, and everything was secure. There were three pairs of people in this room, meaning six people. The sighted people helped the children with their kitchen work. I was assigned a girl, about 10 years old. I was supposed to teach her how to cut bread and spread butter. It turned out that what is the simplest thing for us is not so trivial for them. Finally, I succeeded! I noticed I had enormous patience. Ola, the girl I was teaching, only managed to cut a slice after a few attempts. The manager seemed to notice my attitude towards the children, so she suggested I come as often as possible. From then on, I visited the center several times a week. After a month of visiting, the manager suggested I go on a few-day trip with them, free of charge, of course. I wasn't convinced, but the girl I was teaching in the kitchen at the time convinced me. A few days later, we left. I was on the bus with a boy. I'd never spoken to him before. It turned out he was very nice, witty, and intelligent.
Upon arrival, I helped the students unpack. I lived alone, and Marcin, my traveling companion, lived next to my room. From then on, we stuck together. He would spend hours in my room, and we were never bored. On trips, he'd ask what something looked like, what color it was. He'd tell me to pick flowers I liked and give them to him to smell. He was curious about the world and everything around him. After the trip, we became very close. We talked about everything. Sometimes he even came to my house, as the center was located nearby.
One day, while I was at school, the principal came to our class and asked me to leave. When I went out into the hallway, I saw Marcin and his mother. For a moment, no one said anything. Finally, I asked: "What happened?" Marcin said. After a moment, he said: "I'm leaving... I'll be back in 2-3 months.
" "What?" I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. "Did you know about this beforehand?" I asked after a moment.
"Yes... but I didn't want to upset you... Ewa, I'm sorry... Don't cry..." he tried to calm me down.
"And you probably won't tell me why you're going like this?" I said through tears.
"I can't, really..." he explained.
"I'm sorry, I have to go now..." and as if nothing had happened, he left, holding my mother's hand.
I didn't go to the center that day... I couldn't understand why he hadn't told me he was leaving earlier... I would have prepared myself somehow...
Only after a few days, when I had come to terms with the fact that Marcin was gone, did I go to the children at the center. I acted as if nothing had happened, but I kept hoping Marcin had played a stupid joke on me and would show up any minute. However, he didn't. Those two months passed terribly slowly. The hours passed very slowly... the days dragged on relentlessly...
One day, when I went to visit the children, I noticed that the atmosphere was different. I asked the manager what had happened, but she said, "Nothing... what could have happened?" I tried to explain. But she denied it. I decided to go to Ola's room. She was lying on the bed, probably falling asleep. But when I wanted to leave, she whispered, "Could you read me a story? I can't sleep?
" "I'd love to, Olusia," I replied, filled with joy that she was already recognizing my steps and wanted me to read to her. I grabbed the storybook and started reading... After one of the stories, I noticed Ola was asleep... I was finishing reading "Sire Mary" when the director motioned for me to leave. I hadn't even heard her come in and almost screamed with fear.
I left so as not to wake her. When I closed the door, he tied a scarf around my eyes so I couldn't see anything and led me to the common room.
"What's wrong, director? What's the matter?" I tried to remove the scarf, but she was holding my hands, and I couldn't see where she was leading me. As we descended the stairs, I heard several people fall silent.
We entered the common room...
"Can someone tell me what's going on? Can I take off my scarf?" I tried to ask. The director asked me to wait a moment longer. I stood there in the middle, unsure what to do. After a few seconds, I heard slow footsteps and someone breathing. "Who's coming?" I asked, but no one answered. Someone untied my scarf and turned to me. For a moment, I couldn't see anything.
"Oh, Marcin..." I smiled and snuggled up to him.
However, he gently but firmly pulled me away. I didn't know what that meant. I looked at him and asked, "What's going on?" You liked it.
"We'll have time for cuddling later, for now, I'd like to just look at you...
" "WHAT?????? "YOU see?" I laughed, surprised. In a euphoria of happiness, I started kissing him. He kissed back.
"And that's why you didn't want to tell me where you were going..." "Oh, you liar," I tried to be angry, but I don't think I quite succeeded.
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz