wtorek, 4 sierpnia 2026

I have wonderful friends



I've been having trouble sleeping for a long time. Or rather, I have trouble getting up in the morning. This generally doesn't cause me any problems because I work nights and don't have to wake up early. However, things get complicated when I have to take care of something important. This was no exception.
One day, I received a lucrative job offer from a great company where, unlike my current job, I would have the opportunity to develop. Encouraged by the opportunities open to me, I scheduled a meeting with the company representatives to conduct an interview and complete all the other stages of the recruitment process. I was only worried when the lovely woman I spoke with informed me that the only possible interview date was the following day (Tuesday), at 10:30 a.m.
I was terribly worried, as I had long since become immune to the sounds of my alarm clock. Besides, the nightlife, late-night work, irregular meals, gallons of coffee, and clouds of tobacco smoke made getting up so early a struggle. But I was determined and decided to organize it somehow.
So I bought myself another alarm clock (including my phone, there were three of them), all set for the appropriate wake-up time. I also informed them of what I considered the most effective way to wake me, my roommates—the wonderful people who had helped me out of various troubles and vice versa.
Thus prepared and confident, I went to bed. However, it was difficult to fall asleep. I tried to prepare for the upcoming interview. I composed every possible question in my head and the answers that would perfectly suit the interviewers' tastes. After all, I was the perfect candidate for the position. I was subconsciously making plans for the future and already organizing the career ladder that would gradually climb my way up. I planned all sorts of purchases I wanted to make, given the incredibly high salary that was standard at this company. I even planned an affair with a coworker whom, of course, I hadn't even had the chance to meet or even meet yet, but in my dreams she seemed like my ideal.
And so I spent the long hours of the night, half-awake, suspended between sleep and wakefulness, but utterly exhausted. I fell asleep in the early morning hours.
However, I woke up feeling exceptionally rested and refreshed. When I checked my watch, it was already 3:12 PM and I had to go to work soon. I could forget about my new job.
It also turned out that the committee that had gathered on behalf of the company to speak with me had tried to call me several hours earlier, clearly aware that I was late. And I, in a deep sleep, hadn't even heard it.
It's difficult to describe how upset I was by this situation. Suffice it to say that for a long moment, in a sudden fit of rage, I shouted a very well-known Polish word, beginning with the letter "k," which was considered extremely vulgar. But there was nothing I could do. Nobody would hire someone who slept through the most important events in their life.
However, I still had one more link to blame: my wonderful roommates.
I didn't hesitate to go to them immediately, reproaching them with the deepest possible lack of understanding for their behavior. After all, they had never failed before. Or were they simply jealous? Or had they simply forgotten? No, impossible. Something must have happened. Something had thwarted their plans. I know I was very important to them, and they wouldn't have left me to my fate in such a situation.
So I went to the living room, where the three of them were simply watching TV and discussing matters both trivial and important.
I immediately asked why they hadn't woken me up? Why hadn't they wanted to help me? What had happened? Why had they failed me?
The reproach in my words must have clearly offended them, because they fell silent for a moment, looked at each other, and became terribly worried. Finally, the eldest, Zdzisław, broke the silence, saying as calmly as he could,
"Because you were asleep."

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

House of Death

...and there's a house there. A sanctuary of death. A cradle of fear and chaos. The house imprisons its master so that he becomes his se...