I only heard a crack, and nothing hurt anymore. I felt nothing, thought nothing. Or maybe it just seemed that way? Maybe my body was still fighting for life? Or maybe it had already given up… I didn't know.
Suddenly, in the distance, I saw a light. But not some ordinary lightbulb, but a perfectly bright, perfectly pure light that screamed, "Come to me! I know where you're going..." What was I supposed to do? I moved forward. I walked and walked, seeing nothing but the mysterious light. As I approached it, it grew brighter and brighter, giving off more light with each passing moment. Finally, I reached my destination. It was a transparent door, or rather, an empty doorframe filled with liquid light. I boldly walked through the doorway and found myself in…
It wasn't bad. At first, everyone admired me, carried me in their arms, and most of all, they wanted to crawl up my ass with their caresses. They just kept leaning over me, making strange faces, and making inarticulate noises like "agugaga," "niiiniuniu," or "what a sweet little one." If it had been intelligent, I might have been able to endure the torture, but I was so tired of the constant bother that I quickly got back on my feet. Now, on the other hand, they often shouted at me. Especially the woman with the curly hair, who would say things like, "Come on, little one, mommy's here to give you a hug," or "If you don't calm down soon, I'll give you a slap on the face!" And I never understood what this "mother" thing was about or who she actually was. Only after a while, when I noticed my friend approaching a woman and saying, "I love you, mommy," and I did the same, did they start laughing at me, and the woman with the curly hair said, "I'm your mommy, honey," and laughed too. From then on, I didn't confuse people anymore.
After another few months, I said my first word: "pot." I don't remember exactly what it was, but I was probably busy cooking a delicious dinner, otherwise I doubt I would have come up with such a strange word for my first. But never mind.
After a while, a huge change took place in my life. I went to work. It may seem strange to you, but it was true! Every morning, my mother would wake me up around 6:30, and when I was lazy, she would shout, "Get moving, we'll be late!" At first, I didn't understand how late we would be, but when I heard Grandma Renia say to my mother, "Oh, you'll be late for work!" I understood. Unfortunately, my mother didn't work at the same place as me, because she always walked me to the same place, then left me in the arms of a cheerful, perpetually smiling, clearly overweight woman. She would immediately leave with a quick, "Goodbye."
While going to work, I learned to do all sorts of things, like drawing flowers, learning the alphabet, counting to five, arranging blocks to build a tower high up into the sky, and above all, controlling a plane so it always landed on its landing pad.
Soon after, something even stranger than all the previous ones combined happened. One day, my mother was strangely happy, and instead of getting me out of bed at 6:30, she let me get a good night's sleep. Then she dressed me in a beautiful white dress, attached a funny, transparent hat to my head, and applied beautiful makeup. Grandma Renia dressed me in a red dress with white ribbons. I wore beautiful shoes with half-centimeter soles that made me feel much taller than I actually was. Then my mother got into a white car with a well-dressed man (it took me a moment to realize he was the guy who kept coming in the evenings and waking me up with my mother's screams), and they drove off. We caught up with them when they were in front of some strange large building, with a strange cross on the roof and colorful pictures in the windows. And it's not fair that the owner of this house can have painted windows and I can't ;( but never mind that.
Later, someone turned on the radio because I heard strange music coming from a platform at the back of the house. There was a man sitting there who was behaving strangely: he was singing along to the music and acting so funny that when I looked at him, I immediately wanted to laugh. After a while, I sat down on a bench with Grandma Renia. Grandma's legs must have hurt, otherwise she wouldn't have sat in someone else's house. But it happened.
We sat there for a good three minutes, then Mom came in, holding Jacek's hand. I think her legs hurt too. Or her head. Or both. Then, when they reached the end of the carpet, I smelled a strange, nauseating smell and my stomach turned. A few boys came in, one of whom had that awful stench, followed by a fat man wearing a white dress. Was he jealous of Mom? That fat man was A priest, at least that's what Grandma Renia said. I don't know much about people, but I think there's such a strange name. Besides, I wasn't really interested in it at the moment. Neither was his name nor what he was saying. And he spoke in such a funny voice, wailing, stretching out the syllables. I couldn't take it anymore, I ran out of the bench and set off to find something more interesting to do.
I was about to approach this priest to ask him where he got his name from when I felt someone grab me around the waist and lift me up. It was Uncle Rysiek. I was a very good girl, so I let Grandma calmly lead me to Grandma, then I broke away and ran to look under the priest's dress. Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time either. After this incident, Grandma left the priest's house with me, and we waited outside for Mom and Jacek.
After visiting the man in the dress, it was time for the party. But I don't remember much about it. Only that at first, Jacek and his mother were standing outside the room, accepting various packages, which I would have gladly helped them unpack immediately, had it not been for Aunt Ela's intervention, who put them all away. I also remember that after everyone had been poured a tall glass of bubbly water, there was a toast, and then it was all dancing. I didn't last long. Around 11 p.m., I collapsed on the floor from exhaustion and simply fell asleep
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz