I will now proceed to describe the entire situation as thoroughly as possible. I will attempt to present it without involving my own analysis or reflections that occurred to me after the event, but rather by accurately presenting the observations I made during the incident and describing the feelings I experienced at the time. Where I am unsure about something, I will make this clear, so as not to inadvertently distort the picture emerging from information I am absolutely certain of. I assure you that the multitude of details contained in this account are based solely on what I was able to capture and remember. I have also made every effort to avoid embellishing or enriching the description with any elements not confirmed by my own memories, and the considerable length of this account stems solely from my desire to provide a meticulous and comprehensive account of the event.
To facilitate the tracing of the events, I have included a sketch of the figure and a simple map on which I have tried to capture the most important elements of the event. I made the original sketch of the creature shortly after the incident, but unfortunately, I can no longer find it, so the attached sketch is based on my memories. The outline of the place is also well known to me, as I mentioned, I visited it countless times in my youth. However, I should immodestly point out that among my many shortcomings, I have one significant advantage: an excellent memory, which is somewhat related to my profession. Interestingly, the momentary trauma resulting from the incident, instead of repressing this memory, permanently etched the creature's appearance and the entire event in my memory. To this day, despite the passage of more than twelve years, I clearly remember every detail I observed during that brief observation, as well as all the circumstances surrounding the incident.It was the second half of August 2008. Unfortunately, I didn't have a watch with me, but I think it all started around 8:30 PM, as it was slowly getting dark, the sun was setting, and the moon was low in the sky. I'm not sure what phase it was in, though I don't think it was a full moon, or I'd be more likely to remember that, but I'm not certain. The weather was beautiful, a hot day, and the sky was only covered with occasional streaks of cloud. I was standing on a dirt paved road about 500 meters from my house. It was a particularly charming spot, where I usually went for archery. That evening, I had finished shooting and was just getting ready to return. It was getting dark, and although it was still light enough to see the target clearly, I was worried about losing my arrow and not being able to find it before dark. I stayed for a moment to have a quiet cigarette, as I smoked occasionally back then. I would also like to point out that I was a complete teetotaler at that time and did not use any intoxicating substances, apart from nicotine, which were impossible for a country boy to access in those years.
So I stood at a crossroads. Straight ahead, the path continued toward a dense, familiar forest, about 200 meters away. To the right, along the path stretched a wall of sparse woodland, essentially a deciduous grove dominated by young maples and linden trees, as well as ancient oaks. The woodland ended in a small clearing. To the left, a field stretched out—a wheat field, if I recall correctly. The field extended all the way to the forest, but on the left side of the path, about 100 meters away, it formed a small bend in the middle, with a small clump of trees—oaks, if I recall correctly. To the left, the path led further between vast fields, and to the right, toward a small, brick bridge over a small river. Further along, it led toward an avenue, sheltered on the left by a row of very old and mighty oaks, and on the right by several mirabelle plum trees, which I used to pick as a child. The avenue opened directly onto the road that led to the village At first, I heard a faint rustling in the woods to my right. The rustling grew louder until it was joined by the sound of footsteps snapping twigs and rustling the leaf litter. After a few seconds, about 10 or 15 meters away, I saw a naked man among the trees at the edge of the woods. I could see him clearly, as it was still quite bright. He didn't seem familiar to me, but I couldn't see his face clearly either, as it was turned toward the fields to my left. Up to this point, the situation, though strange, was relatively normal, but that wasn't the end. The man emerged from the woods, still standing among the trees, looking out at the fields.

A map of the location where the creature was observed, which the listener compared to a werewolf.
He was quite tall, about my height—around 180 centimeters—and of average build, or at least certainly not skinny. I couldn't make out any more details in that short time, but overall, he looked ordinary and average. However, his demeanor was unusual. He was slightly stooped, hunched, and stood in a slight crouch, though I think my assessment of his height was accurate. After two or three seconds of stillness, he began to walk further toward the field, and that's when his transformation began.With each step, he hunched more and more, simultaneously swelling and gaining bulk. Although he seemed to be hunching more and more, he paradoxically grew taller. By the time he took a few steps and stood in the middle of the path opposite my position, straightening his figure slightly in a gesture as if stretching, he was no longer the man I had seen but a tall and powerful humanoid, or rather, animal-humanoid creature. The entire transformation was quick, lasting only a few seconds, and I was unable to observe its exact course. It was also almost silent, accompanied only by the sound of the figure's footsteps and a faint sound like a crumpled piece of paper, a muffled crunch combined with a rustling.
Observing the creature before me, I undoubtedly felt fear, though to my surprise, it wasn't as intense as one might expect. And I must admit, I'm not the bravest person, especially when faced with this type of threat. Apparently, the rapid pace of the event hadn't yet caused me to panic, so as I froze, I felt calm nonetheless. My senses, heightened by the threat and adrenaline, seemed to be functioning properly, allowing for effective observation.
The monster stopped before completing its final step, leaving its right leg slightly behind. It continued to gaze out at the fields for several seconds that felt like an eternity to me. It made no sound and made no discernible movements. I think I saw its chest rise and fall, which might have indicated it was breathing, but today I'm no longer sure. I stood there terrified, silently praying to God that it wouldn't notice me, because until now it seemed to have paid me no attention at all, or ignored me entirely. And I was lucky. After a moment, it turned its snout toward a clump of trees on the left side of the path, about 100 meters away, and after briefly observing it, it turned its back on me and started walking toward it. At first, he walked slowly and, as if sluggishly, slightly dragging his feet, taking a few awkward steps as he entered the grain on the left, but after a moment, he began to break into a bouncy run, and by the time he reached the tussock at an impressive pace and disappeared into the shadow of the trees, he was already bounding forward, jumping from foot to foot in unsteady yet fluid strides. His movements, beyond the initial heaviness and stiffness, were highly dynamic and at the same time very animalistic, except for his upper legs, which he held rigidly at either side of his body as he ran.As soon as it moved, I took a few steps back, terrified. I was hit with a stench that could only be described as the strong stench of a wet dog, or clothing soaked in rain. Initially, I could also hear its footsteps and the rustle of the grain it was moving through, but as it moved away, the sounds became fainter and fainter until they ceased altogether. When it was completely out of sight and I managed to shake myself, my initial stupor turned into panic and fear of the creature's return, so without delay, I ran along the road to the right, to the highway, and from there to the village. It was still relatively light, but I chose to return along the highway rather than the dirt road I normally took to get to this spot from the fields, wanting to get back to people and civilization as quickly as possible. The entire event, from the moment I heard the rustling in the trees to the moment I lost sight of the monster, lasted about a minute, but that didn't sink in until some time later.

Reconstruction of the appearance of the observed creature
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz