czwartek, 20 sierpnia 2026

2

Get up, Irma! Come downstairs and you'll be free of your worst nightmare.
" "What? Mom, what are you talking about? It's 7 a.m.! Let me sleep!
" "Don't be sleepy! Get up and go to Eremi!
" "Come on, let me get dressed! Get out of the room!
" "Okay, but come downstairs quickly, I want to take your cast off."
I had to get out of bed quickly and get dressed because Mommy told me to. Oh! How I hate this. They always want to order me around... And it's vacation time and I want to enjoy my freedom while I can! While I was getting dressed, I got a text: "Hope to see you soon. Have a nice day." Another unknown number. How I hate this! Some stupid games! Okay, I'm off to take off my cast!
"Irma," my mother said, removing my cast, "we're out all day and night today. That's why Eremia will be sleeping here. I talked to her mother and she agreed. She was even happy that her problem would be solved. If anything happens, do you know our numbers?
" "Yes, I do.
" "Nevertheless, just in case, I wrote down the numbers for the police, ambulance, and fire department on a piece of paper next to the phone. And on the other piece of paper, you have our cell phone numbers.
" "Mom! I'm not five! And why do I have to go to Eremia's? Right now in the morning?
" "Never mind. Just go! I need to talk to your father." My mother looked a little sad. "But don't worry. Nothing's happening." She smiled, but it wasn't a real smile
. "Are you sure nothing bad is happening?
" "Yes. Go.
" "Okay, I'm gone. And when can I come home?
" "Come back in an hour, and we'll be gone. Come on, honey." Bye – my mom waved and smiled at me
"Bye! Have a nice day," I waved back at my mom.
Great! They're kicking me out of my own house! Absolutely wonderful! Soon they'll be able to lend me to someone for the night. Great! It's good that Eremia lives so close. What would I do without her?
"Hi Irma! I've been waiting for you! Today's the day," she smiled broadly, showing her teeth.
"Uh... What day?" She confused me with this line.
"Today you'll meet my... boyfriend. He'll come with his friend. I told him to bring someone for you. He agreed, and you'll meet my boyfriend's friend today. You know, I can't get used to calling him 'my boyfriend'. It's like saying 'close to my heart'..."
"I agree. But why can't the three of us meet up? Why do I need his friend?
" "You know, I have a request...
" "Oh no! What now?
" "He and I would like to be alone for a while... But it's only for about an hour! Just one hour, please!
" "I have no choice, Amore! I'll talk to his friend.
" "Thank you!" You're a sweetheart," Eremia threw her arms around my neck and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "And one more thing. I invited them to your house for the evening...
" "Oh no! That's all we needed! What are we going to do there?
" "I don't know... I rented movies, and we'll buy pizza and some juices to eat. Please! We'll be good...
" "What wouldn't you do for Eri... Anything for you," I winked at her.
"I love you, you know?" she smiled seductively.
"I know, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this." I stuck my tongue out at Eremia.
Preparations for the "big" meeting were underway all day. Eremia was so happy she practically flew around instead of cleaning. I prepared sandwiches and drinks. By the time we finished cleaning and eating, it was 7 p.m.
"They should have been here by now! Maybe something happened? What do you think?
" "No... I think your watch is running too fast...
" "True. I forgot it's a few minutes early. That only means one thing: we got done quickly, which means..."
"...it's time to laze around!" "
Eremiah and I knew exactly what the word "lazy" meant. I ran to turn off the light, and Eri grabbed two candles and lit them. Then I quickly ran to light the fireplace. We lay down on the rug, staring at the fire burning in the fireplace. There was perfect silence... So perfect that... we fell asleep. In fact, I don't know how long it lasted, but a knock on the door woke us up. We both jumped up and stood to our feet. Eremia said she'd go get some sandwiches and drinks, so I went to open the door. Without thinking, I opened the door a crack and saw...
"I can't believe it! Is that you? Wow, that's cool! Eri's told me a lot about you, but I didn't know it was you, Irma. Hello!" Yes, it was Yoh, who was hugging me in greeting.
"Well, what a nice surprise," I replied with a slight smile...
"Well, at least the introductions are over. Oh, right, I didn't come alone... Irma, just don't kill me..." He pointed at Ren, who was standing behind him
. "I'm not saying anything. I don't understand why I would kill you for this. After all, Ren is your friend..." I smiled at Ren and shook his hand. "Hi Ren! How are you?"
I replied because I didn't want this evening to be wasted right from the start. I wanted to have a nice time and decided to be nice to everyone today! I hope I succeeded. At least I started well...
"Hi Irma. Nothing interesting here," he shook my hand and smiled gently. "Can we come in?
" "Of course! Please make yourself comfortable and go into the living room. Eremia should be waiting for you there...
" "For us? And you?" Ren interjected.
"What about me?" I'll be here too... I can't run away... Especially since this is the house I'm staying in temporarily... - I replied, emphasizing the word "temporarily."
- Okay! We're going to the living room. Where should we put the jackets?
- Give them to me, I'll take care of them - I smiled - the living room is right by the stairs, so all you have to do is keep walking straight.
- Thanks! - Yoh said, and together with Ren, they started walking towards the living room.
Great! What am I getting myself into? I'm seeing them again! What's the point of all this?! I only have to endure another hour with Ren. Good thing he's nice and tolerable for now. But the worst is yet to come. I'll be alone with him when Yoh and Eremia go upstairs. It'll be a disaster. I'll try to talk to him about music... Maybe he'll tell me something about himself... Or we can watch movies... I hope we have a nice time. Maybe Ren isn't as bad as he seems? This contemplation makes me more and more intrigued by him. Maybe it's worth making friends with him? Maybe it's worth getting to know him? Maybe this guy is worth more? Maybe I'm underestimating him? Maybe, maybe, maybe... We'll see what happens today, because I think our relationship will depend on it.
"Irma! Come over here quickly! The guys told me you already knew them, you monkey! Why didn't you tell me anything? Come over..." Eremia shouted from the living room.
"Come over, the sandwiches are disappearing!" Eremia shouted again, not hearing my reaction. She knows I love sandwiches, so I quickly joined them
. "I'm here. I had to hang up my coats, didn't you?
" "You must be lost in thought again, huh?" Yoh said, smiling at me and making a face that asked, "Surprised?" "
Just so you know! I had to think a few things through before I even came here. Be glad I didn't get lost..."
"Me? I don't know... Ren should be happy," Ren started blushing at this point, "because he'll have you for most of the evening. At least he won't be alone... You know, it's always more fun with two of us... Right?" Yoh smiled.
"So maybe you'll finally leave Ren and me alone, huh? We need to enjoy each other, and what about you? Have you forgotten where to go, or should I help you? Upstairs now, and you can come back after midnight. We don't let anyone in before then! Right, Ren?
I said it, and I shouldn't have, but what does Ren say? Now it's all up to him! If he sides with me, we'll both be better off. If not... Then I'll be worse off... Maybe Ren will show some class for once?
" "You know, Irma. I don't know if everything you told them was true, so I don't know if I can agree with this...
What? What? What? It's impossible! How could he... And I was already starting to like him!" No… Irma = a total failure among all humanity, and Ren is going down the drain…
- Irma… How much more can you beat around the bush, right? They'll find out eventually…
What's he talking about? He ratted me out and humiliated me in front of his own friend, her boyfriend, in my house! What's he saying?!
- The point is, Irma and I planned all this. We were your matchmakers. We'd like to enjoy our triumph and talk a little privately. So, you can go upstairs, because Irma and I still have some business to take care of…
He's brilliant! I love him! Ren is great! But I wasn't wrong about him… He's a really nice guy… Maybe I'll get to know him better… He'd be a great friend…
- What? - shouted Eremia and Yoh. - What do you mean?
- Never mind. Go, please… - Ren smiled at them
. - Okay, let's go. But I'll deal with you, Ren, when we get back! Come on, honey! "Yoh said, and disappeared upstairs with Eremia.
"Thanks, Ren," I said, smiling at him.
"You're welcome. Sometimes you just have to be useful and crack a joke.
" "I didn't know you could joke... Sorry, don't be offended, but I didn't know this side of you...
" "Because you don't know me at all yet. You know my name. That's all...
" "Right... So what are we doing? Are you hungry or thirsty for movies?
" "What movies do you have?
" "They're here. Eremia rented some today, so I hope there's something interesting...
" "Uh... There's nothing interesting... Believe me.
" "That's too bad. Maybe I should turn on the TV or some music?
" "What kind of music do you listen to? Because you know... I'm very picky about that... And you?"
That's how our conversation began. I really enjoyed talking and eating with him. The topics we discussed were casual. We didn't stray into our privacy, which made it easier for us to talk. We laughed to each other. I really had a good time. I always thought Ren was stiff, tense, and serious. Such an important person. But I'm glad I was pleasantly surprised by his behavior today. Our conversation was interrupted by Ren's stomach growling. We both burst into laughter until I finally managed to say something.
"Maybe I'll make you something else to eat?
" "Could you?
" I stuck out my tongue. "I could, if you ask nicely.
" "Could you make some sandwiches for a poor, hungry man like that?"
"No problem, Master Ren! I'm going to make some now. You know what, bring the plate with the leftover sandwiches and those glasses to the kitchen, okay? Because I can't handle all this by myself.
" "Okay. Just lead the way, I don't know the way to the kitchen."
When we got to the kitchen, Ren started washing the dishes, and I searched the fridge for something to eat. Unfortunately, the fridge was almost empty! But there were eggs, milk, fruit, almonds, vanilla cheese, olive oil, and granola... So I decided to make us omelets.
"I have to make omelets. I'm out of cheese, vegetables... Do you like omelets?
" "I don't know. What will it be with?
" "Vanilla cheese, apricots, peaches, and almonds..."
"What?" Ren practically shouted.
"If you don't like it, make something yourself!
" "Wait, wait! What? God, I love this kind of food!" Ren interjected.
"Aha...
" "You didn't have to jump on me right away..."
"Sorry, but I thought you'd object, and I meant well. Anyway, I won't talk anymore because..." At that moment, Ren's stomach made itself felt again. "You see." I'm starting to fry our dinner...
"Dinner? An early breakfast, I guess... It's 2 a.m....
" "Really?" I glanced at my watch in disbelief, which unfortunately didn't lie. "My parents will be home around 11 a.m.... You know what, go check on Yoh and Eremia upstairs. They were supposed to come down after midnight. But first, knock. Go straight, turn right when you get upstairs, and there'll be the door. This is my room, and they should be there. Go downstairs with them and we'll eat together. Then we'll talk and stay downstairs until morning. Okay?
" "Okay, I'm going. What if they're not in your room?
" "I have to be there. That was the only place to go. Everywhere else is a mess." I smiled at Ren, and he smiled back.
"What about your leg?
" "Do you still remember that? I had a cast, but it's fine now. I can walk, and I can walk on my own!" Okay, go now... And come back quickly! The food is ready!
In a few minutes, I'd whipped up a few omelets and served them. I poured a jug of squeezed orange juice. I've always loved spending time in the kitchen, tinkering with things, coming up with new recipes. I even wanted to bake a cake, but unfortunately, I ran out of ingredients. I bake best at night, when everyone's asleep. That way, I have peace and inspiration. And that's what I always need. A moment later, Ren arrived, but he was alone. His expression said only one thing...
"Irma! You'll never guess what they're doing!
" "Are they in my room?
" "No... They're in your parents' bedroom... I mean, I think so, because there's a large double bed there...
" "Yes, it's my parents' bedroom... I'm going there...
" "But be quiet... Hush... Okay?
" "Of course! Anything for you..." I said ironically and quickly went upstairs.
I walked quietly up the stairs, even though I was furious. Eremia would never do that to me! She always told me the truth. And now she's with Yoh in my parents' bedroom! Failure! I'll kill her! If my parents find out, I'll be gone. Upstairs, the door to my room was open. Ren must have forgotten to lock it, so I closed it. I tiptoed and gently opened the door to my parents' bedroom. There, I saw Yoh and Eri lying on the ground, sleeping! They were simply asleep! I was surprised, but also smiled. I was afraid of what they could be doing there, but they were sound asleep. The sight of couples making out in the street always disgusted me, but now, they looked perfect! Seriously, they were made for each other! Yoh was lying flat on his back, and Eri had her head on top of him. Their hands were joined, pressed together. A beautiful sight. But I'd rather see him in my room than here. Too bad. I'd have to wake them up, but more drastically. I went to Ren and started…
"We have a mission! Get two bowls from the kitchen; they're in the top cabinet by the window, and hand them to me." We have to wake them up! I giggled, telling him about my wonderful plan
. "But Irma... It's a waste of food! Everything will get cold... Let's eat first and then wake them up. Okay?
" "Okay, you're right. I'm hungry too. So let 's sit down."
I walked over to the table. I started to pull out the chair, and Ren started shouting at me
, "No! Don't touch that!"
I immediately jumped back from the chair and shouted
, "What happened

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

hands

It wasn't an evening like any other. The first spring morning and the first spring night. It hadn't been this beautiful ...