All three were sitting in the factory, in a different room. This one was much more spacious. A lot of light and fresh air streamed in through the windows.
They'd been dealing drugs for a long time. They mostly traveled to various dealerships and sold them. They also passed the drugs on to dealers, paying them very little. They treated them like trash, not caring. To them, drug addicts were just another lost cause. Because there's no escape from the trade.
Piotrek was just such a man. He'd been dealing for several months.
He'd first come with Przemek, his closest friend. They set up in a typical spot: an abandoned factory. Piotrek received a free dose. They also offered him a chance to sell their wares. Piotrek wasn't keen on the idea at first. Tempted by the prospect of more drugs and money in return for his work, he accepted. At first, he dealt small amounts of drugs, but over time, he had more and more "work."
Now that Piotrek had withdrawn, the kidnappers wanted to scare him. They decided to kidnap him. They had no idea what they would do with him later.
The kidnappers were sitting on chairs at the table, one of them smoking a cigarette.
"Listen. We need to think about what to do with them?" one of them said.
"I don't know, we'll scare them off and then take them somewhere.
" This wasn't a big deal to the other. "Since we've got them, maybe we can use them for something," the first persisted.
"For what?" the third wasn't the brightest.
"We're going to a drug deal tomorrow. After we catch the bosses, they'll be swarming with dogs. We need to set someone up." The first was the "brains" of the team.
"Are you thinking about that, Piotrek?" the second slowly caught on.
"Exactly, we can send him in. If anything happens, we'll do something to that young lady and that's it." Everything was clear to the first.
"Relax, let's hope it works," the third wanted to say something intelligent.
"It has to work," the first exclaimed.
"Okay, we're off. We have to arrange transport." "Fat, keep an eye on them, we'll be back in a few hours," the second one said.
"No problem," the third kidnapper confirmed.
"If necessary, scare them, but don't overdo it. And don't get any stupid ideas," the second one warned.
"Sure thing. Of course," the third criminal concluded.
XXX
Magda returned home. She sat in the park for a while longer, then decided to go. She didn't want her mother to be angry about her late return home even before today's events. The woman was preparing dinner.
The girl entered the kitchen and leaned against the cabinet.
"Madzia, I'm sorry it's so late. Because of all the commotion, we're eating so late," she said calmly.
"Nothing happened, besides, I could have made dinner myself," the girl replied.
"Actually, yes, but it's already eleven o'clock," said Magda's mother. "Sit down, I'm finishing."
Magda sat down at the table.
"Mom..." she began.
"Yes, my daughter?" her mother said, placing plates of sandwiches on the table.
"What happened?" Magda said.
"You mean Dad?" she asked.
"Yes, Mom," she confirmed.
"You know, there are times when adults argue very often, they can't understand each other," she added as simply as she could.
"Mom, don't treat me like a little child! I'm asking what happened between you. Dad moved out. This isn't an everyday occurrence." Magda raised her voice.
"Please, my daughter, we'll talk tomorrow. A lot has happened today..." the woman suggested.
Suddenly the phone rang.
"At this time?" Magda's mother asked in surprise. "I'll answer."
The woman answered the phone.
"It's for you, Ania's mom, it's something important," her mother said to Magda.
"Hello," she said into the receiver.
"Good evening, Magda. I'm worried about Ania. She's still not home..." she said.
"She had an appointment with Piotrek at 5:00 PM. That's all I know," the girl announced.
"Strange, she never comes back at this hour. If she doesn't come by midnight, I'll have to call the police. If anything happens, let me know," she asked.
"Okay, of course," she agreed.
The girl hung up.
"So what happened?" Magda's mother asked.
"Ania's gone," she announced seriously.
XXX
Piotrek and I stayed tied up in the room the whole time. I was fed up with this inaction, with being unable to do anything. I also had no idea what Piotrek had done to get us kidnapped.
I imagined my mother, who was surely already incredibly upset, especially since I wasn't showing any sign of life.
I was struggling with all my strength, stamping my feet. I was completely helpless; I couldn't even do anything. All sorts of ideas came to mind, but I can't do anything with this man. He's probably still happy that we're kidnapped. Maybe he did it on purpose! Maybe it's all one big circus!
I stamped my feet harder and harder. I wasn't sure if it was out of anger or so the kidnappers would hear.
"Calm down, it won't do any good," Piotrek said. I heard resignation in his voice.
"Unlike you, I plan to get out," I retorted. I was getting more and more furious with him.
"Anka, come on. We don't even know what they want from us." The boy hadn't said anything groundbreaking, at least that's how I perceived it.
"I know that too, but I'm not going to sit around and wait for something to happen," I told him bluntly. "Will you help me?" I said. It wouldn't hurt, at most, just one more time, but I'll be the last to regret it. But I can't handle this situation on my own.
"How can I help you?" he asked, surprised.
"I read a book recently. The characters were also tied up," I began to say. "They were close to each other. If we get close enough, you can untie my rope with your fingers.
" "Even if I succeed, what next?" Piotrek didn't like the idea.
"I'll get up, look around, maybe find a phone," I replied.
"What if we get caught?" he asked.
"Relax, I already have a plan," I boasted.
I told Piotrek what I was planning to do. He didn't share my enthusiasm, but he agreed to help me.
We leaned close together, back to back. Piotrek began to untie my rope with his fingers.
After a moment, I managed it, got up, and also untied my friend.
Piotrek ran to the door, and I started screaming.
"Water, water!" I screamed as loudly as I could. I probably would have woken the dead.
Gruby had fallen asleep. Suddenly, something woke him. It was screaming, coming from the room where he and his friends had hidden the two youngsters.
The criminal stood up and headed towards the room. He walked slowly, not yet fully awake.
He opened the door.
Suddenly, someone hit him on the back of the head and he fell.
It was Piotrek.
The boy hit him again, a little harder, and Gruby lost consciousness.
Piotrek and I quickly left the room. We immediately went to the window, which we had seen immediately after leaving. We started looking at the landscape, trying to recognize the area.
"We're in that abandoned factory; I recognize those trees," Piotrek said.
"Which one?" I didn't understand.
"This is where my friends and I used to come. Never mind." We need to call the police, tell them where we are. And then let's run away," the boy said.
"Wouldn't it be better to run away now?" I asked.
"Ania, the police have to catch these dealers," he said.
We started looking for a phone. We went to the room where Gruby had just been sitting. We spotted a cell phone on the table. Piotrek quickly dialed the police.
"Hello, police... We're being kidnapped..." my friend said. "That old, abandoned factory, by the Gdański Bridge..."
Suddenly, the first criminal grabbed the phone from Piotrek with all his might and pressed the end button, while I was grabbed from behind by the second one.
"Quick, let's tie them up. We're getting out of here," one of the criminals ordered.My mother kept getting up, looking out the window, and pacing around the room. Every so often, she picked up the phone to check if it was working. She was incredibly nervous.
My daughter never came home this late. I'd already called all her friends. No one knew anything. I also called my ex-husband. I thought maybe Ania had gone to see him in Ursynów. It was unlikely, though, as Ryszard had recently gone to a trade fair in Wrocław.
My parents had separated three years ago. I took it quite calmly. They argued often, and we rarely spent holidays together. My father had moved to his other apartment. I'd seen him sometimes.
My mother glanced at the clock on the wall again. It was almost two o'clock.
She'd been hoping everything would fall apart, so she hadn't called the police. Suddenly,
the intercom rang. My mother ran to the phone as quickly as she could.
"Hello," she said, or rather, shouted.
"Good evening, this is Michał Pieczarka from the Warsaw Police Headquarters," he introduced himself.
"Good evening, I recognize you. You were here today," she quoted.
"Exactly, I'm calling about your daughter. Ania has been kidnapped. We know where she's being held. The police are already there, and I'll be there soon. I came to see you first," the police officer said.
"I'm on my way down, literally two minutes," my mother replied.
XXX
My mother and Police Officer Pieczarka were driving to an old, abandoned factory. They chatted for a while along the way.
"Do you think we'll find her there?" my mother asked.
"I think there's a chance, to be honest," he replied seriously. "Your daughter disappeared relatively recently; we should find her."
My mother became lost in thought again. They still had a short distance to get there. She kept wondering if she would be found.
After a while, my mother and the police officer arrived at the scene.
The place was already full of police. They quickly got out of the car. A police officer approached the police officer.
"Unfortunately, we're late." They've already left," he announced.
"Damn, do we have any leads?" asked Pieczarka.
"We're looking. So far, nothing's been found.
My mother was very upset. Where is my daughter? Where is she?
What am I going to do now? Well, nothing. She disappeared like a stone in the water. Why didn't those policemen go there sooner? Why? Literally, a few stupid minutes decided I might never see my daughter again!"
No, I can't, I can't think like that! She'll be found soon. It's only a matter of time. God, please help me. What did I do to have my daughter kidnapped? What did she do? She's a normal, simple, cool teenager. A girl who had no enemies.
I have to find her and catch these kidnappers!
XXX
Piotrek and I were tied up in the criminals' car.
Suddenly, the car stopped, and we stopped on the side of the road. One of the kidnappers checked his watch.
"It's ten to seven. Deal in a moment," he announced.
"We're getting out," said the second.
Two of the criminals got out of the car, letting Piotrek out as well. I stayed in the backseat with the third kidnapper.
Suddenly, the kidnappers started untying my friend, while the one sitting behind me in the back put a gun to my head.
"You'll go to the exchange instead of us," announced the first criminal. "You'll say you're from the yellow police. You'll take the stuff and give it to them." He handed him a bag of money.
"What if I don't?" Piotrek asked.
"Your girlfriend will die." He pointed to the backseat.
Piotrek's heart leapt into his throat.
"Excuse me?!! That's impossible!! No."
The boy glared murderously at the kidnapper. He had swords in his eyes, eager to do something to him. You son of a bitch! You wretched scumbag! How could you? Why are you dragging her into this?
"You scumbag! Leave her alone!" he shouted and started to struggle.
The kidnapper grabbed his arm.
"Calm down, you little brat. I'm in charge! Now you'll go and get us this. If anything goes wrong, you won't see your friend again. You're leaving in a moment, you'll go there." He pointed to the building.
My heart sank. That fat man was pointing a gun at my head. I couldn't do anything! What have we gotten ourselves into? What the hell have we gotten ourselves into?"
Piotrek stood frozen. He kept glaring murderously at the kidnapper, then turned it on me. His face was impassive. "
No, I won't let them do anything to her! Sons of bitches! If I go there, she'll be back on me. And I've had enough! I'm done with this!
I love her! I have to go! I have to do this."
Piotrek turned. He walked away quickly. He had no choice.
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz