"Is it still far?" I asked Keira.
"I don't know. This is our first time here. How
am I supposed to know?" "I was hoping you knew a little. When you were walking here, you said it was nice last year, so... How do you explain this to me?
" "Normal! I was walking, but on a different trail... I was walking the blue trail, and this is the yellow trail! You see," she pointed to a yellow sign painted on a tree.
"I see it. But what do you think? How far?
" "I don't know! I have no idea, and I don't know the red trail either! Don't you understand?"
"I understand, but how long did it take you to climb the blue trail?"
"We walked for over five hours. We've only been there for three, so... I think we should be at the top soon.
" "Good."
We walked in silence for about fifteen minutes afterward. Neither Keira nor I felt like talking. I started to wonder why I'd chosen her to go to the mountains. I could have taken anyone else! Keira is quite strange. Honestly, I'd rather go with Eremia, but she didn't have time. She was supposed to meet up with her classmates again, so I didn't want to interfere. Keira is a strange person. The worst part is that she's bragging about her new boyfriend to everyone. The best part is that no one's met him yet. Therefore, no one believes her. Suddenly, I felt myself lose my balance and fall on my leg. I felt incredible pain. I couldn't get up, and I also started feeling weak. My vision was a bit blurry.
"Keira! Keira!" I started calling her, and she turned around.
I was lying on the ground, powerless, completely exhausted.
"Irma, what happened?" Keira ran up to me and started asking, "What's wrong with you?
" "Leg..."
"Oh my God! You broke your leg! You have to go to the hospital!
" "Oh no, it's just a bruise! And besides, I don't have to do anything! I'm staying here! I'll get up soon, and you'll see that I'm okay and I'll be fine!" Do you understand, or do I have to repeat myself?
- I'm going to call for help! Wait here for me!
- Be careful, or I'll run away...
- Don't even try! I know! I'll call Trey!
- Oh no! You're talking about him again. He lives in the city, and we're in the mountains.
- Yes, but... - Keira called her boyfriend. - Hi, honey!... Well... Listen, we have a little accident here... My friend broke her leg... Really? That's great! Okay. So we wait. Um... You know, where we first met. We wait. Bye!
- So what?
- Trey will be here with his "team" in 20 minutes. Honey, right?
- Why are you putting me on his back?
- I'm not. He'll be here with his friends, so... He'll take care of me, and his friends will carry you.
- Thanks, I can handle it myself! - I felt incredibly angry as I said this.
What does she think she's thinking? I thought. "I'm not going to impose myself on some guys, even her "imaginary" boyfriend's friends. That's idiotic. But I'd like to get up and go the other way now. Why can't I? Why did I twist my stupid ankle?! Why today? Why here? Why with her? Are there any good sides to this?
" "Irma... I have to tell you something," Keira interrupted me in my thoughts.
"What now?
" "Trey isn't a normal guy, and neither are his friends. They're funny, witty, but also completely different. Especially this one. He's supposedly friends with them, but he's really sharp. I want to warn you about him. His name is Ren, and I advise you not to get close to him. He's never been close to anyone. He has a terribly difficult personality, but he still has friends. And he has a great body! Yoh, on the other hand... He's so nice, you'll immediately find common ground with him! I'm telling you. This guy is pure kindness! He's great." Not to mention he's skinny. But that probably doesn't bother you, does it?
"I don't know these two, and I'm certainly not in the mood for a blind date. Why are you telling me so much about them? If you wanted to...
" "Yeah, right. Me and Trey wanted to find the guys girlfriends. They're so lonely.
" "They're not! They have each other, and that's a lot! I don't understand your point. Could you please stop messing with people's lives with your own whims? Just because you want what's best doesn't mean it's better for others! Understand this! Not all people are..." Keira smiled and stood up, "happy when they're with someone. You know what I mean. I'm fine alone; I don't see the need to get involved with...
" "Some other person, huh?" I heard a male voice, and I immediately turned my head.
It was some strange guy speaking. His eyes were large and bright. His lips were thicker, his facial features delicate, and his body was muscular. His hair was dark blue, short, and styled a bit oddly. Still, he looked nice. He was well-groomed and clean.
"None of your business," I said quickly
. "Irma, I'll introduce you to the boy who changed my life." At that moment, I was hoping it wouldn't be the one who interrupted. "This is Trey!"
She pointed at the blond boy with the headband. He had brown eyes and was very cheerful. It was clear he had a great sense of humor.
"Hey! Nice to meet you!" Trey said, extending his hand to me
. "Hello," I replied, and squeezed his hand
. "And these are my best friends! From the right..." He smiled. "This is Yoh, to whom I really owe a lot, then Morty, and finally Ren. I think you've gotten to know him a bit by now. You know, he likes to interfere...
" "Not at all! I just finished for the lady whose name is..." He looked at me, expecting an answer, but I didn't feel like speaking, so...
"It's Irma..." Keira said, smiling. "
She often does what I want. Of course, I don't ask her to. I just mentally command her. Surprisingly, I'm good at it.
" "So tell me, what happened?" Trey finally said.
"So listen..."
Keira began to tell the guys her version of events. Of course, it included her heroic actions towards me, or rather, my leg. While they sat down and talked, I sat on the ground and started looking around. I was surprised that no other people were walking this way. After all, it's perfect weather, a vacation, a beautiful place... Everyone dreams of finding themselves here, in the beautiful mountains, in a situation like this. I decided it was high time to get up and tried to get up. Unfortunately, I failed. I noticed a bench next to me and crawled over to it. When I got close, I put my hand up and tried to stand up, but before I could regain my balance, I felt myself falling, falling, and... I stopped. And not on the ground! What the hell was happening? I saw hands holding my arms. I got scared, and they helped me, and I sat down on the bench. I turned around, and it was Yoh.
"Hey! It's me, Yoh! Do you still remember me?
" "Yeah. What?
" "Oh, nothing. You might have forgotten we met here.
" "What were you doing here? Why aren't you sitting with your friends?
" "I want to expand my circle of friends..." he smiled sweetly. "That's why I'm not always with them. I want to help others...
" "But you don't have to! You shouldn't have helped me. I could have managed on my own! You know...
" "I know you would have fallen, and then it could only have been worse..."
"I don't think so! I know my limits, Yoh. Unlike you.
" "I don't know you yet, but I see you're in a bad mood today. Why?
" "Why?" Why are you asking?
- I just want to help you... Would you mind?
- I don't know you...
- You just met me .
- But I don't know your inner self! I don't know your needs, your strengths, your flaws, your habits... I know nothing about you! That's why my confessions are out of place and out of time!
- Cool. You know, you remind me of Ren. He was like that too at first. Closed, secretive, but he opened up, and ever since then, we've been best friends.
- Ren? Impossible. He seems so tough, but deep down, you can see he's soft...
- You have no idea how much! He blushes so often, and then everyone laughs at him...
- Poor guy. I hate situations like this.
- Oh... Someone cares about our Ren. Maybe you'll take care of him, huh?
- No thanks. I prefer other guys...
- What kind?
- Other guys. That should be enough for you. And if that answer doesn't satisfy you, it's none of my business.
"Too bad. I see we need to talk some other time, because we won't be able to make it today. Something seems to be keeping us from getting along today..."
After this short conversation with Yoh, I noticed he was incredibly nice and friendly. He had a very pleasant and sincere smile, which often appeared on his face. His hair was dark brown, quite long, and he wore headphones behind his ears. He was indeed very thin, but he dressed uniquely.
"Are you lost in thought again? I see this is your most time-consuming activity... What are you thinking about?
" "It's my pastime, so don't interrupt.
" "Entertainment? I have to try it sometime...
" "If you can do it, and it's a difficult task...
" "Sleeping is my favorite. I'm a master at it," Yoh laughed.
"Definitely! I'm a master at lying around doing nothing...
" "You can do that too. Congratulations! I knew everyone has their own..."
"Oh! You two are so nice talking!" – Keira ran over, butting in on this incredibly interesting conversation. – You know, Yoh, Irma is very strange, but she's open to people. Do you want her number? She might be a little embarrassed and shy. Or I know! Will you carry her? Then you can talk in private... It's settled, great! Let's go!
Keira walked towards Trey as if nothing had happened! Not only had she interrupted and talked about some nonsense, but she told Yoh to carry me! What does she think she is?! Who does she think she is? One day I'll chop off that stupid head of hers that's of no use to her at all!
– You're not mad at Keira, are you? – Yoh interjected.
– Me? Of course not! – I replied with a hint of irony. – Sorry about her. She's never acted like that. She's just... different. I don't understand her train of thought...
– You don't have to apologize for her! She'll be the one ashamed of her words. And as for the matchmaking he and Trey are doing, we're not going to give them the satisfaction, are we? He smiled broadly and chuckled softly.
"Oh, right!" I smiled. "No one's going to order us around.
" "Then jump on... the piggyback ride, princess." Yoh smiled again.
"I'm jumping!" I looked at Yoh sideways, and he took pity on me and gave me a piggyback ride.
We were trailing behind. Of course, no one noticed whether we were behind them or not. I was absorbed in my conversation with Yoh. It was special. I felt great! No tension, no confessions! Just simple conversation! It worked perfectly. As we chatted, I felt Yoh stop and lean back. I didn't know he was trying to throw me off! It hadn't even occurred to me! He seemed nice, and yet I felt like I was already falling because he was letting go. Surely I wouldn't be able to cling to his hair?! No? Or maybe... No, I can't! As I fell... I felt like I hadn't fallen after all! I was surprised but happy until I noticed who was carrying me. It was... Ren! Why was he pushing?! No one asked him to come here. Sure, I might be heavy, but Yoh could have warned me that he was "giving me over" to him... to him...
"Sorry, Irma, but my back hurts a bit. I need to rest a bit. Will you excuse me?" – he smiled sweetly.
– Of course, but you could have…
At that moment, Ren started jumping, and I had to hold on to him tightly, otherwise I would have fallen.
– …warned you. – I finished. – Ren, don't jump anymore! Calm down! You're not five years old!
– That's just how I am, I feel like jumping, and I will! It's none of your business!
– Then leave me here! I'll come to my own!
– Yes? – his voice sounded strange, as if I heard irony there, along with disappointment. – and what do I get out of it? You know, I can take advantage of the situation… So you better not jump…
– As far as I know, I can't afford to jump… And what kind of blackmail is this? Are you threatening me?
– Me? Nothing like that…
– Listen! – Yoh ran up to us. – Just a few more minutes and we'll be there! Be patient and don't argue, because we're going to the cafe! Any objections? That's great! I'm running to the ones in front!
We walked in complete silence for a few minutes. Ren didn't say anything, and neither did I. His conversations were very strange. It was an exchange that could have gone any number of ways. I actually liked him, but not that much. He might be a nice person, but I don't want to find out just yet. He's dry and doesn't show his feelings. He wears a mask. I don't even know what's in his eyes because he covers them with his hair. You could say he's afraid of something, but what? That question will remain unanswered for now. When we reached the café, a rather lighthearted conversation began. It was great. Unfortunately, time flew by so quickly that before we even looked at the clocks, it was already evening. The guys gave me a ride home and even delivered me right to my door. My mom, a doctor, said my leg was only fit for a cast. So she smiled and told me I'd be stuck at home for the next two weeks. It was a nightmare! After that information, I went to take a shower and we went to the emergency room. Within five minutes, I was ready to go. My mom chatted with the ER colleague for a while longer, then brought my crutches to the car for me, and we went home. When we arrived, I changed into my favorite pajamas and lay down on the bed. A window was in my line of sight, giving me a perfect view of the moon and stars. A perfect view before falling asleep. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard something. It was... my cell phone. I received a text message. Unfortunately, I didn't know who it was from, but it said something nice: "I hope your leg is feeling better. Good night." I wish I knew who it was, or I would have thanked them, but oh well. Maybe it was my admirer. I fell asleep thinking about blue almonds.
The next day, nothing special happened. Except that Eremia visited me. We had a rather unusual conversation... I started asking me about...
"You know, Irma..." Eremia began, "What would you do if you met a guy and fell in love at first sight?
" "What do you mean exactly?
" "Would you be willing to drop everything for a guy? Forget about life and go blindly with him?
" "I think if I fell in love, that would be it. But I don't believe in love at first sight... It's rather unlikely. Right?
" "You know... Faith works miracles..." she replied without looking me in the eye
. "Eri! You're talking! Tell me who this guy is!" I said, looking deeply into Eremia's eyes.
"Okay... I met someone. I'm telling you, he's divine! And the best part is, we both like each other..." she blushed slightly, "and now we're a couple..." As she said the word "couple," she turned beet red. "
Great! And I don't know anything about it, right? I'll kill you someday!" When will I meet him?
- You'll meet him when you're out of the cast! You'll see how cool he is...
- Can I at least find out the name of this lucky guy...?
"I won't tell! His friends don't know he's taken either...
" "Oh... It's good he has friends," I smiled broadly. "I hope they're handsome friends...
" "If they're anything like him, they'll be skinny... But gorgeous," Eri began daydreaming on my bed, while I smiled stupidly to myself
. "Too bad... I'd prefer a muscular one. But if his friends are cool, I'll be happy. After all, it's what's on the inside that counts, right?
" "Yes. That's why I chose him... Okay, Iri, I have to run now. Mom said there'll be dinner, so I have to get moving. You know, I feel better after telling you about... him..." she smiled. "Ciao, babe!
" "Ciao Amore!" I shouted.
When Eremia left, I started wondering if I knew this new boyfriend of hers. Actually, I didn't know who he was, so I had to stop thinking. I suddenly realized how quickly my day had passed. I honestly didn't know where a few hours had gone, but I didn't care. I didn't have to worry about what to do with my time. I just lay there and did nothing. I just...
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz