"Welcome to your new home, Irma! How do you like it here?"
"It's beautiful. Admittedly, I felt better in that other house, but I won't complain. Will you finally tell me where Dad and the dog are?
" "Dad's coming here today with your puppy. He said he wants to see how we'll live and say goodbye."
"How do you mean, goodbye? I'll see him again..."
"Maybe so, but Dad won't be sleeping here, but in our old house. That's probably why he wants to say goodbye to us.
" "With us? You're not together anymore! Why say goodbye? You've probably both been longing for this moment...
" "We're married and we'll miss each other..."
"I don't understand. So why did we move out?
" "I'll explain it to you someday. But that time hasn't come yet. Maybe you'll find out soon...
" "Certainly," I replied ironically. "Do we have any neighbors here?
" "Yes, we do. It was the last available apartment in this building, so if you go out onto the balcony, there might be people below and next to you. If you want, you can go to the neighbors and say hello. What?"
"No thanks. I'll go to my room with my bags and start unpacking.
" "Fine. If you want something to eat, the fridge is full! I'll be in my room."
I went to my room and lay down on the couch for a moment. After a minute, I got up and opened the balcony door. The balcony was quite large. As I walked to the railing, I could see more balconies, all within walking distance. I looked at the forest, the city, and suddenly I started thinking about Ren. About the one who hadn't let our relationship blossom. I was probably exaggerating, as usual. Maybe I just imagined he didn't feel anything for me? In reality, I could be wrong, but it all adds up. Vici clearly has something I'm missing. But what? Blond hair? I could always dye it... God, what am I saying! I'm capable of doing things for a guy I'd later regret. Honestly, I should have expected it. Whenever Ren was near me, I wouldn't let him kiss me. Was I doing something wrong? After all, if I had given in to him, I probably would have suffered more and would have had wonderful memories. At least now I don't have romantic memories of him, except for the ones where he showed he cared about me. That's all. That's all? Damn, that's too much for me! Or maybe he didn't show he cared? I could have misread his words, which were still stuck in my mind. I can still hear that voice. I wish I could hear it now...
"It's beautiful here, isn't it?"
I'm already going crazy! Seriously, I could have sworn I heard Ren. He has such a wonderful voice. But of course, it's just his voice swirling in my head, which I listen to, giving me pleasant shivers. If I met him now, I'd tell him everything! How I feel, how I miss him. If only I could... I started looking around and spotted Ren to my left. I quickly hid behind a pillar so he wouldn't see me. We were a few meters away, maybe two, three at most. I sat down and listened as he said,
"Will you bring me that juice?
" "I'm coming!" It was Vici, I knew it for sure! I felt sad when I heard her voice. "I'll just finish eating my chocolate."
"It's nice that you finally arrived. Your parents said you were coming. You know, for a long time, only Yoh and the others have been guests at my house. Now I hope things will be different. After all, you're going to stay here for a while, right?"
"Yes, yes." After all, I came here for someone very important. And you want to be around such people for as long as possible. You know, I never would have thought I could be happy again.
"Yet? Was there anyone before?
" "I met Darek two years ago. Within two days, I fell in love. I thought it was just infatuation, but it didn't end there. I kissed him, and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I started being his girlfriend. I loved him. He took advantage of that. I was at his beck and call. I was his slave. I lost friends, but I didn't lose you. You were the only one who offered me a hand. Everything changed; I was given a second chance. Now I have a new life.
" "And finally, this love is mutual."
After listening to her confession, I went to my room, leaving the balcony door open. I lay down on the bed and picked up my phone. Surprisingly, there were two missed messages. One of them was from Eri: "Hey, honey! What? Moving? Come over tomorrow at 12! We'll talk! If anything happens, write! I'll always find time for you! You know! Bye." The second text was from an unknown number: "Shall we meet?" I replied to Eri that I would, but the second message went unanswered. Maybe it's some pervert or someone I don't like! I'd rather not take any chances! I don't want to make a fool of myself. Especially now that I've fallen into a trap. Ren is with that Vici, and I'm still alone. I shouldn't worry about it, but unfortunately, I can't. If only I could, I'd go for a walk with Clava, but she's not here yet, and besides, she's still a baby. I lay there on the bed until I finally heard more voices on the neighbor's balcony. I went out and sat behind a pillar. I started listening:
"So when are you having this party, Ren?
" "What party again? Yoh, leave me alone."
- A welcome gift for Vici! After all, she needs to be welcomed properly!
- I don't know if she'll want to...
"She'd definitely be happy! Women love these kinds of parties. Surely she should meet someone. Eri will definitely come, and I'd take Irma... And how's she doing?
" "Irma?" "I don't know. I haven't seen her in a while. What?
" "I thought there was something between you two... You said...
" "Yes, I know," Ren interjected, "but I have no idea how it'll turn out... For now, silence...
" "Maybe you should lead her somehow, so she'll find out what's really going on.
" "I'm betting on fate..."
"I guess, as always. Just remember, betting on fate won't solve the problem!"
"Sure. I'm going inside... And you?
" "I'll stay here. I'll look at the views you see all the time. And Ren. Can I move in here for a few days? I want to give my parents a break for a while.
" "No problem. Make yourself at home. It's a big apartment, so we'll all fit."
I felt awkward thinking that I have to be careful when I go to the balcony. I knew my friends might see me if I came out. For now, let them think there was no one here. Why should I make their lives miserable? Especially since Ren wanted to tell me something but couldn't? We'll see.
Suddenly, I heard the intercom ring. I rushed to answer it; it was my dad. I invited him upstairs. When he came inside, he smiled and handed Clava to me.
"Beautiful apartment. I'm glad it's livable here. Irma, the doctor said the dog is healthy and you can start taking him for walks in a week. He's not as small as he looks. I bought a leash, but after a while we'll have to think about getting another one, without a harness. Irma, go to the car and get my briefcase, please. I forgot it. Here are the keys," he extended his hand with the keys.
"Okay, I'm going, but with Clava. I'll be right back."
I quickly left the apartment and ran downstairs. I had no problem finding my father's briefcase, so it took me a moment. I walked up to the intercom and pressed the button. I waited a moment until I heard:
"Yes?
" "Dad, it's me, open up," I replied without thinking, holding the door
. "I'm not the father," the voice on the phone laughed. "Who are you looking for?
" "Never mind. I'll call again.
" "Uh... Irma?" the stranger's voice asked after a moment.
"What? That's impossible! It's Ren! How did he recognize me?! I can't admit who I am. Not now... Not right now...
" "What Irma?
" "Well, such a nice and cool girl...
" "I'm nice and cool too, but unfortunately not Irma," I replied, smiling
. "That's a shame. Who are you going to?
" "To number 14.
" "Is that where someone moved in? When?
" "This morning..." but I got in trouble. "You didn't know?
" "Unfortunately not. May I know who my neighbor is?"
"Such a nice woman who broke up with her husband.
" "Doesn't she have a daughter?
" "Probably not. Why are you asking?
" "So who are you to her?
" "Me?" he asked, but I managed to get past it. "I'm her boyfriend's daughter." It might sound silly, but it's true.
"Oh, these grown-ups. Just like teenagers.
" "It's nice talking to you, but can you let me in? Because it's boring standing outside.
" "Okay, but on one condition. Okay?
" "No! Either you let me in, or I call the apartment over there.
" "Okay, okay! Now! Goodbye."
I heard the door I'd just opened buzz. I couldn't believe it was Ren! How could I have made such a blunder! He's just going to jump off a bridge! What a tragedy! Maybe if I'd said it was me... I'd have been closer to him? No. Don't think about it! I'll just take my chances, like he did. Maybe something will work out that way. The walk to the apartment seemed incredibly long. I stared at the stairs, thinking nothing of it. Suddenly, Clava started squealing. She was hungry, so I quickly ran to the door and went in. My parents weren't in the kitchen; they'd probably gone to my mother's room. I made Clava some milk, poured it into a bottle, and started feeding her. I heard voices coming from my room. I went there and saw my parents on the balcony. They were talking to each other and looking at the view. I went up to them.
"Irma, it's hard for me to leave here, but I have to. Time is running out. I love you." My father hugged my mother and me.
That moment was difficult. I couldn't comprehend his words. He'd confessed he loved us, and he was leaving. The whole situation hurt, and tears welled up in my eyes. I was strong enough to hold them back. In that embrace, I felt familial love. I couldn't understand why everything had started to fall apart. My parents love each other! I'm sure of it. What got in the way? What caused the move? When will I find out the truth? I missed that gesture from my father. After he hugged me, I felt wonderful, despite the pain of moving.
"My dears, I have to go now. Bye!"
My father went and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My mother went to see him to the door. I didn't want to. I was afraid I wouldn't have the strength to hold back my sadness, or worse, my tears. I stayed on the balcony, still feeding Clava. I had a chance to admire the view. I realized I knew this forest. This was the place Ren had taken me. From this perspective, everything looked different. It was starting to get dark, and I still had to unpack. She went to my room and threw all my clothes on the floor. I turned on my laptop and started browsing various websites. I didn't know what to look for. I started searching for quotes and sayings. I found one I really liked: "To know how to love – for that, you have to complete the school of suffering." I don't know who wrote it, but they were absolutely right. I don't love Ren, but I feel something for him that brings a faint smile to my face. He's special. But I feel that if I kissed him, I would regret it. It's too soon, and besides, we haven't made it this far. We weren't both ready for our kiss. If our lips touch, I'll be sure of my intentions for him. I think I'm overthinking things. After a while, I got up, went to the bathtub, and soaked in warm water with strawberry oil. I could have stayed like that for hours, but after a while, I just started to feel cold. So I grabbed a towel and got out. Clava was already sound asleep in her "bed," which was next to my bed. I lay down and stared at the ceiling. I didn't find anything interesting on it, but I still stared. I just hung there for a while. When I woke up, I went out onto the balcony for a moment to catch a glimpse of the forest before bed, which was a special place for me—emotionally, of course. Just a few days ago, I didn't know I'd be in a new apartment. Everything happened in an instant. It was wonderful, and then suddenly a huge complication arose in my life. My family was in doubt, as was my relationship with Ren. It's good that Eri is still around. Tomorrow I'll tell her everything! Maybe we can go for ice cream or pizza, because I have a feeling this conversation will last a while. I hope I persevere
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz