Another winter day had arrived. Another day full of suffering. Solange got out of bed and went to the bathroom. "I look awful again," she thought. She tried to manage her spiky hair, to conceal the dark circles under her eyes that hadn't disappeared for weeks...
Suddenly, she heard the doorbell ring, slowly shuffled toward the hallway, and reluctantly opened it. Her best friend stormed into the hall.
"Hi!" she shouted with a broad smile. "It's time for you to change your lifestyle a bit...
" "Kaśka, I'm not in the mood for jokes... I'm really not in the mood..." she replied, her voice as grim as baroque music.
"Sol, I can't stand looking at you. What happened to you? Make him angry! Come on, I'll make you a god, you'll see, he'll die of envy!"
"Kaśka, thanks for your kindness, but I'm not a god, and that can't be changed." Besides, why should I leave the house? I don't want to scare people...
"Sol, please, shut up, and if it's so indifferent to you, then surrender yourself to me, okay? I've never hurt you before,
have I?" "Fine, but it won't make me feel any better..."
They both went to the living room, where Kaśka began pulling out cosmetics and clothes from her large polka-dot bag. She spread everything out neatly on the couch and admired her work with a satisfied smile on her face.
Solange reluctantly looked at the spread of clothes and cried out in fear,
"If you want me to wear this, I'm telling you I won't."
"Sol, you promised—surrender yourself to me, and if you're not satisfied with the result, you'll stay home in your black sweatpants, okay?"
Solange nodded reluctantly and simply watched Kaśka as she selected individual items of clothing, occasionally glancing her way.
"I think it'll be okay," she said, pointing to a red tartan miniskirt and a red crop top.
"I don't know what you're trying to make of me, but I know your efforts won't be fruitful..."
Kaśka pressed the selected outfit into her hands and told her to go change. Solange went to the bathroom and slowly began putting on clothes. She returned to the living room, equally weary.
"Sol, you... you... my god, you look gorgeous!!!" Kaśka said, then jumped up from the couch and began selecting cosmetics. She sat her friend in front of the mirror and, ignoring the constant support she had to hold her head, which Sol kept lowering, began expressively covering her eyelids with some kind of ointment. The entire operation took about 15 minutes. Then she got to her hair and finally breathed a sigh of relief:
- I didn't expect that you could be turned into a real angel...
Solange reluctantly got up, thinking, "As always, he wants to comfort me," and went to the mirror. When she lifted her head, it seemed as if someone was standing behind her and she was invisible. No, it couldn't be her. The girl in the mirror had long, slender legs, a voluptuous figure, glossy black hair that fell in playful curls to her shoulders, and large, green eyes that stood out against her alabaster complexion.
She stood rooted to the spot for a moment, then began touching her hands, her hair, her face, as if to check if they were real. Then, for the first time in days, she smiled.
"Kasia, you're my true friend, you're right, I can't worry about him anymore. I have to forget.
" "Sol, your first words of wisdom today! Bravo! Quick, grab your backpack and let's go."
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz