czwartek, 20 sierpnia 2026

French Adventure Part 4 - Arrest



In Part 1:
Ania, Magda, Aleks, Tomek, and Piotrek travel to France after winning a school competition. There, Ania (the narrator) meets Marek, a boy from Poland who is tormented by various visions. Piotrek turns out to be a drug addict who previously helped people with Down syndrome in an orphanage. He becomes the hero when Ania, Magda, and Marek reach the room Marek saw during his vision. The criminals and furniture thieves are caught, and Marek is hospitalized.

In Part 2:
Two months pass. Ania and Piotrek try to meet, but she still doesn't believe that the boy, as he promised her, has stopped using drugs. Her uncle's shop is attacked by bandits. While awaiting trial, Uncle Marek is visited by a mysterious cousin from the countryside. When he suddenly disappears, the lawyer convinces Ania's uncle that he is ill, and the bandits are released. However, Ania finds proof of Janek's existence and, together with Magda, they track down the bandits and her cousin, who turn out to be drug dealers. During the final act, a drug deal, Ania spots Piotrek and can no longer trust him.

In Part 3:
Magda, Ania's friend, is having trouble at home. Her parents are arguing, and by the end of the part, her father moves out. Ania is terrified.
Ania is having problems at school. A new homeroom teacher, Ania's Achilles' heel, is tormenting her. He gives her three Fs in one class.
Two students break into the school and change their grades in the computer register. Ania and Magda conduct an investigation that leads them to police officers blackmailed by students Krzysiek and Kamil.
Piotrek ends his drug use once and for all. Ania gives him one last chance. When they meet, they are kidnapped by people who claim there's no escape from Piotrek's work.


PART 4:
ARREST

A young girl, about six years old, ran quite quickly toward the water. Sand swirled behind her, drawing the attention of the others sunbathing on the beach. Magda's father stood right by the shore, his arms outstretched toward her.
Magda had been reminiscing about her most beautiful vacations for several years now. She had never forgotten those wonderful moments, even though so much time had passed.
The girl finally reached her father and threw herself into his arms. Her father hugged her and lifted her up. Magda's mother stood right next to him, a huge, radiant smile spreading across her face. The girl was happy; this was one of the most beautiful moments of her life.
After a few weeks at the Polish seaside in Władysławowo, her father finally came to visit her and her mother. Magda was so happy; she hadn't seen her beloved father for so long, until he finally appeared.

"Dad, come to the water with me. You promised you'd teach me to swim," Magda said, delighted.
"Wait a moment, my daughter. I just arrived. I'll go to the hotel, drop off my things, change, and come back. Okay?" he asked his daughter, knowing how important this was to her.
"Okay, okay," Magda agreed.

Her father set her down on the sand, and she quickly ran to the water and threw herself into the waves. She had a wonderful time; there was nothing better for her. The trip had brought her so much happiness.

The beautiful beach transformed into Magda's parents' room. Her father was packing his things from the closet into a small, black suitcase. Magda stood by him and watched. She began to shed tears. She couldn't believe it was really happening. She couldn't imagine a home without her father. What would meals together, holidays, be like in their home now? Days spent only with her mother, and contact with her father literally by phone or online. It couldn't be true. The girl hoped it was just a bad dream from which she would soon wake up. Unfortunately, it was reality.
The girl's father was packing things from the closet into his bag. He did it quickly, carelessly; order had little importance to him at the moment. He wanted to get out of the house as quickly as possible. He felt sorry for his daughter, who would surely be deeply affected by his departure. However, he knew that in time, she would understand, perhaps even accept his decision. He was afraid to talk to her and say goodbye. He loved her too much and valued the past dozen or so years too much to simply say goodbye now. But everything was changing. He couldn't live like this anymore. He had to move out.
Magda decided to somehow stop her father, convince him to stay, find out what had happened. That was all that mattered to her now. She thought of nothing else.

"Dad, what are you doing?" she said quietly to her father.
"I'm packing my things. I'm moving out," he replied, without looking up from his work.

Magda's father had worked for a small landscaping company for several years. He spent a lot of time there, but he also found time for home, for his family. Sometimes he worked at home on his computer, but it wasn't often enough. Sometimes he went to various banquets with Magda's mother.
His wife didn't work; sometimes she did odd jobs. She took care of the house.

"Dad, you can't just leave and never come back," she began to cry harder.
"Magda, don't cry," he said firmly, but still didn't stop packing.
"But you don't remember all our moments, our trips, crossword puzzles, competitions..." the girl recited.
"This isn't the time to reminisce. I've already made my decision," he said firmly.
"Dad..." I whispered.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened.

"Magda, will you leave us with Dad for a moment?" the girl's mother asked, appearing in the doorway.

XXX

Piotrek and I were taken by the bandits to a strange room. Once in the car, they tied our hands and blindfolded us. Then they taped our mouths shut. Upon arrival, we were placed against a wall. I was sure of it, as I could feel it gently digging into my back. The pleasant feeling didn't last long. The kidnapper abruptly removed the blindfold and peeled the plaster from my mouth, which caused me to wince involuntarily. Piotrek and I were now simply bound. We couldn't even stand or move our arms. Without a word, the man left the room, which was now fully visible to me. We were sitting at the end of what seemed to be an abandoned factory or warehouse. The walls were damaged, and the door was very far away. There were no windows in the room; the only source of light was a lamp placed near the door. It created an unpleasant semi-darkness in the room.
"Nice," I thought. I'm sitting in some strange room for some unknown reason. Absolutely fucking amazing. And what am I going to do now? I'm tied up! I can't even move. If only I knew what the reason was. And it was all because of Piotrek. Because of the guy who promised me he'd stop doing drugs for me. Well, I see him breaking his promise once again. I'll never trust him again! There's no way!
I looked at Piotrek, who, like me, wasn't feeling well. At least he had his way.

"Where are we?" I asked rhetorically. I was also constantly wondering where we were. We'd been driving for about ten minutes at a steady speed of around 70-80 km/h. We couldn't have gone far from where I'd met Piotrek. We had to be in Warsaw, which gave me some hope we'd get out of here quickly.
"I don't know..." Piotrek didn't say much. I could hear the fear in his voice.
"What have you gotten us into?" I raised my voice at the boy, I was incredibly upset. "I've told you so many times to stop doing these drugs because it could cause real trouble.
" "I'm sorry..." was all Piotrek could manage to choke out.
"And you wanted me to trust you? Do you think I could live in such constant fear?" I fired like a rifle.
"It's not like that, Ania," the boy tried to disabuse me.
"So how? I'm listening," I said.
"I had no idea they'd kidnap us," he tried to explain. "I didn't know about it...
" "Well, of course. You could have assumed that when you started doing business with them, and now... Now it's too late. Much too late!" I shouted, trying with all my might to free myself from my bonds.
"Maybe we should end this conversation," the boy suggested.
"You're right," I concluded Piotrek's statement. "If you have nothing to say for yourself."

Indeed, why talk any more? Better to keep quiet. He won't tell me anything interesting anyway. Damn, how do I get out of here? What am I supposed to do?
XXX

Magda didn't give up. She ran to her room. She thought for a long time about what it would be like now. Without her father, without her beloved father. Magda heard the front door close.
That meant her father had even said goodbye to her. He was afraid she might stop him.
Magda quickly ran after her father.
They only met downstairs.
Her father was standing by the car, putting his bag in the trunk. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his daughter running up.

"Daddy," Magda threw herself into his arms, "You have to come back. How will I cope without you now?"
"Madzia, you're not a little girl anymore," the girl's father began. "You have to know that I can't live with you anymore. I have to move out, but that doesn't mean I'll stop loving you.
" "But Daddy, why?" " At least try with your mom, maybe you'll succeed," Magda tried to convince her father.
"Daughter, I can't. Goodbye and see you later." After these words, her father released his daughter and slowly got into the car.

Magda watched the car drive away, hoping that her father might turn around. Only when the car disappeared on the next block did she run toward the park, where she wanted to be alone.
She sat there until late in the evening, constantly wondering what would happen next. Maybe something could still be salvaged.
What will happen now?
I know a lot of people get divorced and live separately, but why my parents? Why them? It's the worst thing that could have happened to me.
Of course, Michał, who I need right now, won't come. I can already see it when he gets back from Łódź. But it's not his fault! This is such a damn helplessness! Who came up with it? I can't. I won't
call Ania either. Not to mention the fact that she's probably still at a meeting with Piotrek, she's the one who's been helping me so much lately. I can't expect so much from her. I wouldn't have acted like a friend then.
So what happens now?
The girl started crying. Tears gently rolled down her cheeks, and she didn't even take a tissue out of her pocket. She wanted to cry. She wanted to.
More and more rational thoughts came to her mind. I can't leave this like this! I have to do something!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

hands

It wasn't an evening like any other. The first spring morning and the first spring night. It hadn't been this beautiful ...