czwartek, 20 sierpnia 2026

7

I felt the sun's rays fall on my face. I smiled to myself, knowing a new day was dawning. I didn't want to open my eyes, but I knew I had to eventually, because I wouldn't miss it. I glanced at Clava's "crib," but she was gone. Next, I glanced at the clock, which read 11:30. My eyes immediately widened and I stood up. I put on a skirt and a top, because I'd noticed it lying on the floor, and it seemed silly to leave it like that all day. Then I ran into the kitchen and bumped into my mom.
"Hi, baby! How was your first night?
" "Very good! That's my breakfast?" I said, pointing to the plate of scrambled eggs on the table.
"Yes. Enjoy, honey."
"Thank you," I sat down at the table, "and where's Clava?
" "Clava's been fed and is sleeping on the couch in the living room. Are you going anywhere today?
" "Yes, I'm going to Eri's in a moment. We agreed to talk. What? "
"I have a favor to ask. Maybe I shouldn't ask, but I'll take the risk...
" "What's the matter?
" "Could you not tell anyone that we've moved out?
" "It's too late. And even if I didn't, sooner or later Eri would find out...
" "Fine. At least don't talk about our contact with your dad, okay?
" "But what's the matter? What contact?
" "Let them think we've broken up and that's it. Why do they need to know we still love each other? At least they won't ask so many questions...
" "I'll try not to say it, but it'll be hard. Can I only tell one person?"
"You can, but to someone who won't tell anyone. Okay?
" "Fine! Can I leave Clava at home?"
"Yes, I'm on evening duty tonight, so you have to be home by 7:00! Okay? I'll take care of the dog for now. Now eat."
I started eating in a hurry because I had an appointment with Eri at 12:00. I had a few minutes to get to her house, but it took me much longer. I didn't get there until around 12:30. Eri didn't like latecomers, but I hoped she'd forgive me in this case. I started knocking on her door and waited a moment until she opened the door. I had a smile on my face when I saw her. I couldn't help but throw my arms around her neck and hang there for a few minutes until Eri spoke.
"Sweetie, we're not alone.
" I took my hands, and Eri flung the door wide open. I saw Vici, Yoh, and some green-haired boy. My mood changed, but I decided not to show it to the others! I'd be tough and have a blast tonight! I have to...
"Hi everyone!" I shouted, and after a moment everyone was staring at me.
"Hi Irma!" Yoh said, approaching me. "How are you?"
"I'm here? It's great! Really! And you?
" "It's wonderful too. Because, you know..."
"Oh, Irma's here. Hey!" Vici interjected, cutting Yoh off. "I haven't seen you in a while. Nice to see you here.
" "Well, hello! Y... I'm glad too.
" "This is Lyzerg," she pointed to the boy standing next to her, "and this is Irma.
" "Nice to meet you," I said, extending my hand to him and smiling gently
. "Me too."
The boy had green hair (natural?) and green eyes. He was wearing a green checkered cape... I think he really liked that color. Besides, he looked nice, so I understand why he dressed like that. I talked to him a bit. It turned out he'd known Ren and Yoh for a while. Apparently, they were friends and went on various outings together. I noticed Vici had a thing for Lyzerg. This surprised me, because not long ago she'd been cuddling Ren. Maybe he'd dumped her? Or maybe she'd dumped him? I wonder... Meanwhile, Vici stopped me and started saying,
"I have a question for you, or rather, a request. It's about Ren...
" "About Ren? Did something happen?" Vici worried me by bringing up the subject
. "He's here and he's not feeling his own way. I think you're the only one who can talk to him and help him...
" "Me?" He should be talking to his girlfriend, not me..." I said, emphasizing the word "girlfriend."
"But he doesn't have a girlfriend... Please, talk to him.
" "What?
" "He's been single for a few years. He has Yoh, but I know he misses someone like you... Like you... He told me a lot about you, including that...
" "Where is he?
" "He's sitting back in the garden... Will you go there?
" "I'm on my way. Don't look for us. Okay?
" "Thanks!"
I quickly went to find Ren. At that moment, I realized I'd made a mistake again and was going to fix it. But would I have the chance? Ren was sitting on the bridge, staring at the pond. I walked toward him, but he didn't move. I didn't know what to do, but I knew one thing: I couldn't run away. I came to help him, and I would. He saved me, and I will too!" I sat down next to him and brushed against his shoulder. Without saying a word, I began to stare at the goldfish and immediately made a wish, one that was connected to Ren. I don't know how long we sat in silence, but it didn't bother me. I felt good in his company and could have stayed like that for a very long time. I knew he needed peace and quiet now. If he could endure it with me, it meant we understood each other even better than I thought. I didn't look into his eyes, because he was still staring at the water. After a while, I noticed the sun reflecting off the water. The fish didn't pay much attention, swimming left, right, and back. Does such a life have meaning? Swimming and doing nothing? It doesn't make sense to me. After all, human life isn't so different from the lives of these fish. Only some people find meaning and are able to live a life of complete happiness and joy. I didn't want to think, so I closed my eyes. My imagination began to work intensely. I found myself on a warm beach and I was happy. I ran and jumped on the sand with Eremia, who started screaming, but in reality...
"How long are you going to sit like this? Two hours isn't enough?" After a moment of silence, she spoke again. "We're going to the park, and then into town. You'll be alone for a few hours. Keep an eye on the house... Oh, you're not going anywhere, because I'm locking you in. Bye!"
Eremia left, leaving the door ajar. I heard the humming coming from the house. After a moment, everything quieted down, and I could return to my imagination. But somehow I couldn't concentrate. I wanted to speak to Ren, but I felt like I might interrupt him. I remained silent, but in my mind, I began to pray for him. I asked God for the old Ren to return and give him a chance to help himself. After a moment, I felt my prayer answered. I felt Ren embrace me and pull me closer. I rested my head on his chest, and we sat like that for a while...
"How do you manage to bring me back to my senses even in silence?" Ren said
. "Silence is golden..."
"You're right. Why are you here with me?"
"Because I'd like to help my Angel, who helped me a lot.
" "Are you sure you want to help?
" "Yes, I am...
" "You see. Yesterday I didn't know what to do with myself. I was in a huge mess. I won't deny that it was also about you. On top of that, some of my problems reminded me of myself... And today I'm trying to calm it all down. But I'm most worried about a certain relationship... Do you know what I mean?
" "Unfortunately not...
" "Well, I didn't believe that love would ever touch me. Now I feel like I'm slowly entering it and starting to feel what it means. But yesterday... I went too far back. I thought too much and needlessly. Now I regret I misunderstood..."
I lowered my head because I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. Who was he talking about? My heart started pounding, and he was talking about some relationship... Maybe it was about Vici? Could she have lied to me?
" "Will you tell me who?"
"I'd rather not." Honestly, you should know for yourself... Or rather, feel...
Ren once again today left me speechless.
"What I feel has nothing to do with you. Why would I feel it?" "What?! I don't think I know what I'm saying...
" "Then I was wrong... Irma..." Ren took my hand and looked deep into my eyes, his lips about two inches from mine. "What do you want to do now?
Kiss you! But I don't know if you're ready for this... I think I already am...
" "I don't know what I want... Do you know what you want? Now?
" "Yes. But I can't do things that might hurt someone...
If you don't want to hurt me, then kiss me! I can't tell him that! Could he be ready and want what I want?
" "What makes you so sure you might hurt the other person?"
"I'm not sure... There's always a risk..."
"You know, I need to talk to you...
" "I also want to tell you something..." Ren interjected.
"But wait," I didn't let him finish, because he interrupted me. "Can we meet? I don't want to talk here. Please... It's very important to me.
" "Okay. Name the time and place.
" "Tonight at 10 p.m. in that forest overlooking the city... Okay?
" "Yes, and will you be there?
" "Of course."
At that moment, Yoh came in and started talking:
"I think you've had enough of being alone, huh? Come over.
" "Where's Vici?" Ren asked
. "But you're watching your cousin," Yoh smiled. "She's at your house with Lyzerg.
What luck... Vici is Ren's cousin. And I was afraid she was his girlfriend. What an idiot! Someone should hit me hard on the head... I think Eri was best at that... Maybe I'll ask her about it...
" "You know what, I have to go now. I have to be home by 7 p.m., so... Hang in there!"
"Wait a minute! You still have half an hour! You live across the street... You can't fool me," Yoh said proudly
. "I guess I did. I moved yesterday. Sorry, but I really have to go. Bye everyone!"
I started walking towards the door, where Eri stopped me.
"I'm sorry it turned out like this. Give me your address and phone number.
" "I'll text you my address, and as for the number, I don't have a landline. Unfortunately...
" "I'll call you on your cell phone at 8:00 PM. Okay?
" "I'll wait, my beauties!" I smiled at Eri and waved.
"Bye, sunshine!" she replied with a genuine smile, and after a moment, she closed the door behind me.
I walked home with a smile on my face. I was enjoying my conversation with Ren. It wasn't much, really, but I smiled at the thought of our meeting today. It's going to be dark and romantic again. I just wish it wouldn't rain. Unfortunately, everything points to it starting to rain. It's terribly muggy. I hope I make it home without getting caught in the rain. I still have an hour to walk back to my apartment in peace. I realized I had an incredible smile on my face as I walked. I wonder what people think of me now. Everyone was smiling and looking at me with friendly eyes. It was a very pleasant feeling. Their gazes made me smile even wider. When I saw my apartment building, I remembered that today was a big day. I'll finally tell Ren we're neighbors. Well, I wonder what he'll think. I hope he'll be happy. Finally, we'll be able to see each other every day. I just hope it doesn't become a problem. After a moment, I checked the intercom to avoid making another mistake. I knew Rena wasn't there, but Vici was there with Lyzerg. As I'd predicted, Mom let me in without any problems or questioning. I ran upstairs, making very little noise. I quickly went in and opened the door, and there stood my Mom, ready to leave.
"Irma, it's good you're here. I'm leaving now.
" "But Mom... You still have half an hour! And you'll be at the hospital in five minutes. Is something wrong?
" "No..." she replied reluctantly, avoiding my gaze. "I want to be at work early. I might be needed for some procedures...
" "What's it like when you and Dad meet at the hospital?
" "What do you mean? Normally!
" "But I mean, do you talk to each other? Because he's the head doctor, so he's above everyone...
" "You're right, but from your perspective, it all looks different... Really, I have to go.
" "Where's Clava?" "I just gave her milk, so I think we'll have to feed her in the morning. She's in your room now, sleeping." And there's food for you in the fridge. Bye! Mom said, giving me a kiss on the cheek.
The door closed behind her, and I headed for the food. Unfortunately, there wasn't much left. Maybe some salad and potatoes. I decided to make myself something more substantial, namely steamed vegetables. I had a moment, so I lay down on the couch and turned on the TV. As I expected, there was nothing interesting. I switched to a music channel, and a song by a band I knew well: Red Hot Chili Peppers came on. I immediately turned up the volume and started humming along. After a while, they also played a song I liked, called "Lonely Day." In this pleasant and musical atmosphere, I went to eat my vegetables. As usual, it tasted delicious, but with the right spices. Not to brag, but the kitchen is my favorite place. Well, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but anyway, I like being there. Of course, I washed the dishes, like a good person, and went to see what Clava was doing. When I entered the room, her eyes widened. I walked over to her, and she started cuddling. I looked at the balcony and decided to take her for a walk until it started raining. I scooped the little one up, put my keys in my pocket, and left. I ran down the stairs, and the little one was staring at me and the stairs. She seemed surprised or astonished by what she saw. She seemed pleased, but it was hard to tell what she was thinking. When I got out of the cage, I put her on the lawn to explore. She walked slowly, wagging her tail the entire time. I sat on the bench next to my bag and smiled at Clava. I leaned against the backrest and looked at the sky. It wasn't pleasant. Honestly, you could suffocate. Terrible weather, but at least it allowed for summer clothes. I always liked summer, but when the sun was shining beautifully and the sky was blue. Right now, everything looked unpleasant. The clouds pressed against each other, hiding the sun, some of whose rays were breaking through and falling to the ground. Despite everything, they were stronger and heavier. You could say they looked like they were about to collapse and crush everything; they were so ruthless in what they did. I glanced at my watch and realized I had a few minutes to get to the apartment, as it was 7:53 PM. I knew Eri was going to call, so I'd rather be home on time. Unfortunately, I didn't have my cell phone with me, so I looked out at the lawn, where Clava should have been. Unfortunately, I didn't see her. My eyes searched for her until I heard,
"You have a very beautiful dog."
A guy approached me and held Clava in his arms. He was a black man with chocolate eyes and black hair. He smiled kindly and handed Clava to me.
"Thank you. Her name is Clava," I took the puppy
. "Great. Keep a closer eye on her in the future, or she'll run away..." he replied, winking at me
. "Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts, or rather, I was lost in thought. Thanks for bringing her... I was a little worried..."
"You're welcome. She just came to my place and I took her. That's all...
" "But thanks anyway! Do you live here?
" "No. I came to see a friend. We haven't seen each other in a while... And you?
" "I just moved here... Which building are you going to?
" "Building number 20...
" "I live there!
" "Well, if you don't mind, I'll walk you home. Okay?
" "No problem.
" "Do you know any people from here?
" "Unfortunately, I don't know anyone. I only moved here yesterday. I didn't have time...
" "You'll meet them! My friend will definitely be happy to see such a nice neighbor.
" "I definitely will. Maybe I'll feel better knowing I know someone.
" "Hmm..." he looked at the intercom. "His number is..." he started rolling his eyes, searching for his friend's name. "It's... 15!"
When he said that number, my heart started beating faster and shivers ran through my body... I felt pleasantly warm...
"What a coincidence!" "I live at number 14!
" "Great! I'm calling him right now..." the boy pressed the button and a familiar voice answered.
"Yes, hello?" Vici said
. "Is Ren here?
" "Unfortunately, he's not home. Who's asking?
" "Joco. Who's speaking?
" "Vici, I'm Ren's cousin," she suddenly started whispering, and after a moment I heard a man's voice
. "Hey Joco! Lyzerg here! What's up?
" "Oh, hey! It's the same as usual! Friend, could you let me in?
" "Well... I could. Right now!" he said, opening the door and hanging up
. I went in first and after a moment I heard:
"Maybe you could come over?"
"No, unfortunately I can't. My friend is supposed to call me soon because we have a lot to discuss. But I'd love to try it some other time.
" "That's a shame. I'm such a wimp! I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Joco.
" "My name is Irma." Nice to meet you – I smiled at him.
When we were already on the top floor, he spoke again:
"You know, I regret that you can't come in, but the owner isn't there anyway. Besides, you'll definitely have another chance! See you soon!
" "Bye!" I replied, closing the door behind me.
Now I was completely alone, except for a tired Clava, who had immediately gone to bed. I didn't have the strength to lie down. Suddenly, I felt like I didn't want to do anything. Deep down, I was looking forward to meeting Ren. I went to the balcony and sat against a pillar. I rested my head and closed my eyes. At first, I didn't know what to think about, or rather, who. But my thoughts took a specific direction. I started planning in my head what tonight would be like. I wanted it to be an unforgettable evening in every way. I wanted to sing everything to him... About the apartment, about my parents, about Clava... It seemed nothing was a secret, but he didn't know that. I had a tiny outline of events, but things can't always go as planned. Something can always go wrong... What will happen? My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing phone. I went to the bed and it turned out to be Eri.
"Hello?" I answered, pretending I didn't know who was calling.
"Hi, Buraku! How are you?" Did you arrive safely?
- Unfortunately not. I'm in the hospital. I had an accident... You know, the car and the crossing...
- Damn... I understand. How are you feeling?
- I can't complain. Everyone's doing their job...
- And anyone close to you? Is there no one?
- I wish someone would show up... But we'll see each other another time...
- Okay! Enough of this nonsense! Tell me what's going on here right now! - I could hear her smiling.
- I don't know if I should talk on the phone. You know, there might be some kind of wiretapping or something! I can't do that!
- Tell me here, or I'll rip your legs out, and then it won't be any fun... Neither for you nor for that boyfriend of yours!
- Watch your words! He's not a boyfriend! He's a very handsome man with... Distinctive hair and a beautiful, snow-white smile. His body is covered with incredibly soft skin, and...
- And I'm from Mars! - Eri interjected. - Give me his name!
- You know him...
- Name!
"I think you just met him...
" "Irma! Don't you ever want to get a roundhouse kick? Is life so hard for you?
" "Okay! His name is... Ren. But that...
" "He is," Eremia started shouting into the phone. "Ha! Yupi je! Yupi! Ha ha! I knew it! I'm brilliant! Sia ba da ba da! Sia la la la la! Yoh was right!
"Y... Yoh was right about what?
" "He said you two were attracted to each other! You know, after that night! He knew you'd be together! I think I'll become a professional matchmaker!
" "But we... We're not together...
" "What do you mean? We have to change this! Leave it to me...
" "Sorry, honey, but I'd rather handle this myself, okay?
" "I'll give you two days max! Okay?
" "I don't know if I should, but okay!
" "I know you'll be together anyway! I knew it! You'll thank me someday... Besides, you should..."
"Yes, thank you. But I don't know what. Oh, right! You know I have a dog!
" "What? Supcio! Give me the name and breed..." "Measurements...
" "Clava, a Saint Bernard, and I didn't take the measurements...
" "Why? How could you...
" "I think when he grows a little, he'll be about... Hmm... 90, 60, and 90..." Definitely!
"Hmm... Okay! That's good!
" "I'm happy too.
" "But how did you get the dog? What did you do?"
"You know, I said that if I didn't get the dog, I'd get a child myself. And my parents agreed...
" "I knew you'd have to blackmail them! What about moving out?
" "I live in building number 20 now, and apartment number 14... I have a nice balcony... When will you visit me?
" "You know, I don't know. By the way, you're not home at 4:00 tomorrow, do you understand?"
"Ah... So I'm at your disposal? So where are you taking me?"
"You should start jumping for joy... We're going to Ren's party.
" "Aha...
" "What enthusiasm... What's wrong?
" "I thought you were taking me somewhere and all. And it turns out I only have to walk three steps... Nonsense.
" "How many? Three steps? Why?
" "Because Ren's my neighbor...
" "What?! You're great! So can I stay at your place tomorrow? Please..." she smiled.
"I don't know... Because Yoh moved in with him for a while... I don't want to have problems later... But I'll take the risk. Let it be...
" "I love you!
" "I know...
" "So check if Yoh's there, okay?
" "Never! They don't know I live here. Let it be a nice surprise!
" "Let it be..." "Iri?
" "Yes?
" "Do you want to talk about your parents?
" "Maybe...
" "If you don't want to, you don't have to! I'll understand... But if...
" "It all started a few days ago..." I began.
I told Eri this story for a long time, because I tried to tell her everything. I didn't omit details or what I was thinking at the time. I was 100 percent honest with her, as always. She listened very carefully and didn't even know why my family's fate had ended the way it did. We didn't even consider it, because we immediately changed the subject... Or rather, Eri did. Honestly, I was grateful to her for it...
"Irma, but tell me! What was it like with Ren...
" "I don't know. It just came out so strange... He always seemed so cold and selfish... But recently he helped me a lot...
" "How?" I sensed interest in Eremi's voice
. "It was when I found out my parents were separating.
" "What did he do?
" "He was there for me.
" "And?
" "He stayed with me and didn't abandon me in that tragic moment...
" "And?"
"Then he walked me home...
" "And?
" "He promised he'd come inside...
" "And?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

hands

It wasn't an evening like any other. The first spring morning and the first spring night. It hadn't been this beautiful ...