czwartek, 20 sierpnia 2026

3

Nothing important." Ren walked over to me and pulled out the chair. "Now you can sit down.
" "I'll kill you someday!" But thank you anyway.
We ate in silence, but this beautiful moment, Ren interrupted
. "Where did you learn to cook like that? It's delicious! I've never eaten anything so good!"
"You know, I'm a woman. And a woman can make something edible and delicious out of nothing. You've just discovered my forte—the kitchen! I love cooking, so with me you won't starve."
"I see... So we're going to wake them up with the bowls?
" "Let's go!" I said, sneering.
Ren handed me my bowl, filled with water, and we started to quietly creep to my parents' bedroom. We tiptoed, literally. I gently opened the door and saw two lovebirds, still asleep. Ren and I quickly entered the bedroom and in one, two, three... We poured the water from the bowls onto the "youngsters."
"Aaah...! What's happening? Where am I?" Eremia cried sleepily.
"Oh no! I'm all wet! Who did this..." Yoh began.
"It was us," Ren said proudly, and we both started laughing uncontrollably
. I thought I wouldn't stop laughing! The fact that we'd poured water on them was hilarious. But then there were their faces, the anger in their eyes, the helplessness. Ren and I were rolling on the ground. I had no strength left to laugh, but I couldn't stop. My stomach was already hurting, and I was still crying with laughter.
"I'm going to the bathroom! I have to clean myself up. Are you coming, Yoh?" Eremia said.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." He suddenly looked at me and said, "What smells so good?"
"Those are omelets with vanilla cheese, fruit, granola... Why are you asking?
" "What?! Did you eat without us?
" "I didn't say that. Your omelets are waiting downstairs. Maybe they'll still be warm...
" "Sorry, honey, but I'm so hungry, I'll run to eat first. My stomach is growling terribly... You understand, right?
" "Yeah! I'm going to eat too. And then we'll dry off together."
Yoh and Eri went downstairs to eat, while Ren and I stayed upstairs, still lying on the floor. This time we didn't laugh...
" "Irma?" Ren asked suddenly.
"Yes?
" "What do you think makes Yoh and Eremia so happy?"
"You know, I don't know. Maybe that's what love is... It just manifests itself differently. In their case, it's happiness, madness, joy. It has only positive qualities. It seems to me that love isn't always like that. Why do you ask?"
I turned my head toward Ren, and he gave me his gaze. I was afraid of the ending. I was frightened by his gaze, fixed on me. He was clearly striving for something. And I was afraid to think why he was looking at me like that. What did he really expect from me today? I felt like I had somehow committed myself to him. But I didn't know what he really expected. I wanted something too... Something... Nothing major! Maybe I'm asking too much? I won't kiss him! No! No! No! I... I can't... Right? Irma, tell me you won't! Not now... He's so... wonderful..."
"I'm asking because I wonder how you see it," Ren interjected, erasing my thoughts, which weren't going in the right direction. "They've only known each other for a short time and they're already together. You know, they really fell in love. And not just jokingly! So, I wonder, is it possible?"
"As you see, it is. These are stronger things. Just like when you suddenly want to eat. A higher power. Suddenly you need this other person, you can't function without them. When you see them, your heart beats faster, and you get euphoric. You're happy like a little child, you scream, you jump for joy. You think anything is possible. You have rose-colored glasses and see everything in beautiful colors. The whole world becomes more beautiful...
" "How do you know that? Have you experienced anything like that?
" "No, I haven't had the chance. I realize the seriousness of love. But I know I don't possess even a thousandth of knowledge about it, and it is my entire life, it is everything... Someday, I'd like to meet her in person... And what was it like for you?
" "I and love are two opposites. But still, just like you, I'd like to meet her. To be alone and be able to "talk" to her, of course through someone I love...
" "That would be beautiful. Sometimes I think love is just an illusion." That she'll be missing from my life, or that I'll miss her...
"And I think you have a better chance of finding love than I do!
" "Why? You're human! Why wouldn't you have a chance at love?
" "Because I'm different. More closed off... I don't know much about people. I'm afraid that if I fall in love"—he looked into my eyes, and I felt him pierce me with that single glance—"I won't be able to tell the other person..."
"If you can't tell, maybe you can try to show her? Or let her feel your love...
" "But I don't know how..." Ren turned his head and looked at the dark ceiling. "I can't show feelings... I'm too...
" "Hey, you guys! Are you asleep or something?! Get up already! Four in the morning! Wake up!" Eremia called, seeing me and Ren still on the floor.
"I'm not sleeping, I don't know about Ren. Have you eaten everything yet?"
"I'm not sleeping either... What are we going to do now?
" "Yes, we did." Yoh's lying on the couch and I think he'll go to sleep soon. Ren, do his parents and yours know you're here? That you're staying here tonight?
"My parents think I'm at a party. And Yoh, he said the same thing. So don't worry. Go to Yoh's and go to sleep.
" "And you?
" "We'll be fine without you. Go, you probably missed each other anyway. Good night...
" "Okay. Thanks for understanding. Good night. Wake up at 8! Bye!
" "Bye!" Ren and I replied in unison.
Honestly, I was surprised by his behavior. I didn't know why he preferred to stay upstairs with me. Maybe he wanted to finish the conversation? Ren was so mysterious, begging to be revealed. His eyes were so fiery, so hidden, so deep he couldn't reach. Maybe if Ren helped me, I could overcome his fear? When I looked at Ren, he was staring at the ceiling. I could only see his profile. He noticed I was staring at him, and that's why he looked at me. I looked into his eyes for a long time, and he didn't protest; in fact, he encouraged me to keep looking at him. I saw the pain and fear in him. I felt like he wanted to tell me something, but he couldn't. Something inside prevented him. Such internal control. Ren gently approached me and said,
"Irma, will I... Will I ever be normal?"
"In my opinion, you are... Do you know that love works miracles?
" "Maybe I'll find out soon..." Ren looked at me and my lips.
I confess! I was afraid something unusual might happen, so I had to break it off.
"Ren...
" "Yes?
" "Do you want a pillow? I'm going to my room to get pillows and blankets... How many do you want ?"
"Two, please. Do you want to go to sleep?
" "Yes, I'm tired...
" "I understand. I yawn too, no strings attached," he smiled and winked at me
. I brought us sleeping gear and we went to bed. I sat on one side of the bedroom, and he on the other.
"Ren...
" "Yes?
" "Thank you for everything. Goodnight.
" "Thank you for talking to me too. Goodnight."
A moment later, we both fell asleep. The alarm had just woken us at 8 a.m. I quickly jumped to my feet to turn it off. I looked over at Ren, and he was still asleep. He was turned the other way. His hair was twisted in every direction, shielding his face. I leaned over him. He had such a sweet and innocent expression. I pulled back his hair and saw a small cut on his cheek. It was quite fresh. It's possible something happened to him yesterday. But what? Irma wanted to touch the wound, but...
"Why are you standing over me, huh?" Ren said, turning his head towards me
. "I wanted to wake you up, but you..." I was surprised, shocked...
"...I woke up. I hope I didn't scare you that much. I woke up immediately, but I didn't feel like getting up. So what... are we doing?" With that, he sat up and looked into my eyes, our faces close.
"Maybe breakfast?"
"Maybe..." Ren replied, still staring into my eyes.
"Let's go then." I smiled gently and moved away from Ren.
"And what are we doing for breakfast?
" "Cereal with fresh fruit and plain yogurt. Is that okay? Fresh orange or grapefruit juice too."
"Oh, come on, if you think of anything...
" "So what?" I interjected.
"My mouth is watering! Let's go downstairs and make breakfast! Let's go!
" "Come on," I smiled and started downstairs.
When we got downstairs, Eri and Yoh were lying on the couch, watching TV and eating chips. They didn't notice us, so we quietly went to the kitchen and made ourselves our own, healthy breakfast and went to join them. They looked at us with very strange eyes. As if we had something to tell them. I had a vague idea what it was about. But Ren and I had nothing in common. Yes, that day, or rather, night, had somehow bonded us. I wonder if he felt the same way. Maybe it was just me? Anyway, I couldn't confide in him yet. But a kiss... Am I dreaming about it? I'm afraid so...
" "How was your night?" "Yoh smiled and looked in my direction
. "I'm very well. But I didn't get much sleep. And you
, Ren?" "I slept well too. I admit, not much, but I'll manage to get some sleep at home today. And you, Yoh?
" "Me? Very well. I was comfortable and warm..." He looked at Eremia and kissed her cheek.
"You know what, Yoh... I think we have to get going..." Ren said, finishing breakfast . "
Right, Ren. My parents will still have some complaints.
" "Mine would have. It would have been enough if I hadn't come home that night. It's a different matter if I'd slept at Eri's..." I interjected.
"It's time for us to go." Yoh stood up and looked at Ren, who had also stood up. "Irma, will you get us our coats?"
"Yes, yes. I'm going, I just need to...
" "...Wait!" Ren interjected, stopping me with his gaze. "I'll go with you and help you. There are a lot of dishes. I'll take them to the kitchen and get the coats."
"Okay, if you want... Come help me. First, we'll take the dishes to the kitchen, and then we'll go get the coats. Yoh, say goodbye now while we're gone," I winked at Eri and smiled
. Ren and I went to the kitchen. Everything happened in silence. You could say the silence drowned us out...
"So? Now we're going to get the coats?
" "Yes, yes. We are. Do you know where the coats are?
" "I don't know. Lead me..." he smiled gently and gestured to the door.
"Follow me, and you won't get lost..."
We walked to the room in silence, so as not to disturb the lovebirds. I handed Ren the coats and said,
"Ren... I've completely changed my mind about you. I didn't know you were like this... If it weren't for yesterday, I probably would have thought of you differently. I thought you were stiff, serious... You know what I mean... Meanwhile, you turned out to be someone valuable...
" "Why are you telling me this?
" "I wanted you to know what I think of you..."
"I have to go now. Yoh!" Ren shouted, leaving the room. "Let's go!
" "Bye, girls," Yoh said, putting on his jacket
. "Bye! See you!" Eremia said.
"Bye..." I replied, feeling like I'd ruined anything that could have happened between Ren and me.
"You know, I'll be getting ready too. You don't have anything left to clean, so I'll go now. Okay?
" "Fine. If you have to...
" "I'll try to come over today. And... And one more thing, what about Ren?
" "Ren? He's just an acquaintance...
" "Sure! Tell me some other time. Maybe today... Do you feel like going shopping tonight?
" "It depends on the weather, and everything looks like it's going to rain.
" "Okay. I'll call you again, okay?
" "Fine. I'll wait. Bye Eri!
"Bye Iri." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and headed towards her apartment.
Now I was alone. I still had an hour until my parents arrived. The living room was clean, I just had to wash the dishes. There were very few of them, just two bowls and spoons. So I quickly finished the dishes. At that moment, all I wanted was to take a warm bath. I went to the bathroom, poured hot water, poured rose petals and rose oil into the tub, and got in. I lay there for a long time until I heard a sound on my cell phone. It was a text message, again from an unknown number. The message was interesting: "We'll see each other soon. Have a nice day." Who is it? Honestly, I have no idea... I have no ideas... Maybe I know this person? I don't know... I'd rather not delve into it... I'm more worried about Ren. If I hadn't told him what I said this morning, maybe we would have parted ways, more amicably... Oh well... I've said too much! What was that for? I'm a chatterbox... I'll probably never see Ren again unless Eri and Yoh have some time to go with their chaperones. I can only hope so, otherwise, I probably won't see him. I don't even know where he lives. I know nothing about him. Well, maybe I know a lot, but nothing specific. We didn't discuss anything serious yesterday. Maybe we did the right thing? Because if I had become more attached to him, it would have been worse... I think I like him... I'd like to get to know him better... Maybe there will be an opportunity someday? The front door opened, interrupting my thoughts.
"Irma! I'm home!
" "Hi, Mom! I'm upstairs in the bathroom. I'll be down in a minute and we'll talk!
" "Okay! I'm waiting!"
When I went downstairs, Mom was sitting in the living room reading the newspaper. She looked at me and said,
"Irma, you'll learn a lot of things tonight. Our family's life will change completely. We'll wait until your father gets home from work and then we'll start talking. Don't make any plans for the evening, because you'll be needed here. Okay?
" "Mom, what's going on?"
"Nothing, my daughter. You'll find out in due time, sweetie. Go for a walk now and go to the store to get a few things. There's nothing to eat in that fridge! What did you eat?
" "You? So who?
" "Well, Eremia, you and two of your friends. Eremi's mom told me you're inviting two guys over. How was it?
" "We ate omelets, chips... That sort of thing. And it was actually good. We had a great time...
" "That's great! Okay, honey, please go shopping. There's a note on the table with what you need to buy and some money. I'm going to do the laundry.
" "Okay, I'm going." Sure enough
, there was a note with money on the table. So I quickly grabbed a blouse and left the house. There were few people on the streets. It was starting to get warm, so I also grabbed a short-sleeved shirt. There was a longer line at the store. After all, it's Friday. Everyone's shopping before the weekend. As I was walking through the store, I noticed that... Mom had written that note strangely. I was supposed to buy double everything. For example, twice the cherry jam, twice the milk chocolate, twice 1 kg of apples... etc. I've never shopped like that! From then on, I felt like I'd remember that day forever. I did my shopping and quickly ran home. I wanted my mother to at least explain this strange phenomenon to me. But when I got home, I wasn't there. She left me a note: "Irma, I'll be back with your dad. We'll be there around 9 p.m. Don't go anywhere. Take the laundry out of the washing machine and hang it in the attic. Please. Kisses, Mom!" Great! I have to stay home all day until they arrive, great! I wonder what this conversation will be about. Finally, we'll sit down together and talk. I don't remember ever sitting like this. Let alone having meals together. My father always worked late, and my mother worked different hours. But often at home. What my mother wrote sounds strange. I wonder what she's up to... In the meantime, I'll clean my room and tidy up the closet. A few hours would pass and my parents would finally be back.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

hands

It wasn't an evening like any other. The first spring morning and the first spring night. It hadn't been this beautiful ...