czwartek, 20 sierpnia 2026

3

My mother was sitting in Commissioner Pieczarka's room at the police station.
She was losing her mind. She kept thinking about what was happening to me.
She couldn't believe it had really happened. They supposedly had some clue, they supposedly knew something, but so what? So what if my daughter isn't here? I want her with me again.
Suddenly, the commissioner entered the room.

"Mrs. Kiempińska, we have a clue," he said, bringing a smile to my mother's face.
"What happened?" my mother asked.
"We just got a call from the narcotics department," he began. "They're probably watching a building downtown where a drug deal is most likely going to take place. There's a car parked near the building. Your daughter might be in it. Piotrek, Ania's friend, with whom she was most likely held, just got out.
" "Let's go there," my mother ordered.
"That's our plan. The anti-terrorists have already been sent," he announced.

XXX

Magda left the house very early. She couldn't sleep all night, constantly thinking about her parents and her father's move.
She decided to go and sort everything out. Get an answer as to why? Why her father moved out, what was the reason. And she wasn't going to stop until she found out.
After calling her mother and a long conversation, she learned which hotel she was staying at.
The door opened, and Magda stood in the doorway.

"Is that you?" her father, standing in his bathrobe, asked in surprise.
"Yes, we need to talk," she announced.
"Come in," he said, letting the girl inside.

XXX

The criminals and I were sitting in the car.
They were chatting among themselves.

"I wonder if he'll make it," one of them said.
"He has to, otherwise he'll have no reason to come back," the other laughed.
"And there wouldn't be these problems if he hadn't backed out," the first one reminded his friends.
"Exactly, the smartass. He thinks he can just give up," the third one said.

This information left me utterly astonished. I was stunned. It's impossible! And yet... That's why we were kidnapped. Piotrek wanted to back out. He did it for me.
Why couldn't I appreciate that? How stupid I was. He wanted to quit drugs. And I accused him like that.
Suddenly, two police officers approached the car. The driver rolled down his window.

"What's the matter?" he asked.
"Hello, Metropolitan Police. Your documents, please. Driver's license, car registration card," he said.
"What happened?" the kidnapper asked.
"It's a routine check," the policeman announced.

The third criminal, sitting in the back, moved away from me slightly, but he had his gun at the ready.
The kidnapper, who was the driver, handed the documents to the policeman. The man began to slowly and carefully examine them, while the other observed what was happening in the car, or more precisely, who was in it.

"Your driver's license is expired, please get out of the car," the policeman said.
"It's necessary," he asked.
"Yes," the policeman announced.

The criminal got out of the car with the policeman. The second one went to the back door and gestured for it to be opened. The criminal opened the door.
At that moment, several anti-terrorist officers rushed to the scene. One of them ran to the criminal, who was still sitting in the front seat, the second and third to the back door, grabbed me, and pulled me out of the car.

XXX

I walked with the police and the anti-terrorist officers to the spot where the police had stopped.
I saw my mother, and she ran to me. She hugged me tighter than ever. She was so happy. She kissed me several times. How lucky I am that this drama is over!

"You're safe and sound, my daughter, thank God!" my mother said to me.
"I'm so glad to see you!" I replied to my mother.

Suddenly, Commissioner Pieczarka walked over to us.

"Fortunately, everything is over. The kidnappers have been caught. The narcotics department also caught the people who were trafficking the drug," the man explained.
"What about Piotrek?" I asked.
"Easy, his parents took him home. He's fine," the policeman announced.
"Let's go home too," I said to my mother.

XXX

Magda was sitting on the bed in her father's room.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" her father asked.
"About mom and you," she announced.
"Magda, it's just after seven, we'll talk later," her father tried to backtrack.
"Dad, any time is fine. I didn't sleep all night. I'm not leaving here until you tell me why you moved out," she said.

Suddenly, the door to the hotel room opened.

"Honey, I did some shopping. Are you up yet?" said the woman who entered. "Oh, you have a visitor."

Magda couldn't believe her eyes. She couldn't say anything.

"That's my daughter," he announced. "Magda, this is Marta, my... friend."

Magda ran out of the room. She started crying.

XXX

Piotrek had been asleep for several hours. His parents had gone to work.
Suddenly, he heard the doorbell ring. He put on his robe and went to answer the door.
He saw me in the doorway and was very surprised.

"Ania?"
he said. "Can I come in?" I asked.
"Come in," he said.

I went in. We sat on the couch in the living room.
I decided to come see Piotrek. I had to explain. I'd acted like a complete idiot, accusing him unfairly. And he hadn't told me anything. He knew I wouldn't believe him. I would have laughed at him. Now I felt guilty.

"I wanted to apologize to you," I began.
"For what? You didn't do anything to me," he said, sounding surprised.
"For not believing you. I accused you of not giving up on drugs. Now I know you've already finished that adventure, and that's why they kidnapped us," I said. "And for that, I apologize.
" "I could have told you, so I apologize," he said.
"Stop it, Piotrek, it's my fault," I said contritely. "So what about our meeting?
" "You surprised me! Do you still want to meet me?" he asked.
"Yes, Piotrek. Our first meeting didn't work out. This has to be different. So what about next Saturday?" I suggested.
"Why not," he replied.

I was happy. We'll finally go to that meeting. Piotrek was done with drugs, though not without unpleasant consequences. Nothing stood in the way anymore. All the dealers were arrested, and I think I had feelings for Piotrek. I hoped we'd make it. But who knows...

END OF PART FOUR

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

hands

It wasn't an evening like any other. The first spring morning and the first spring night. It hadn't been this beautiful ...