Well… no matter what he did, trouble would be inevitable. He had a feeling that something very bad was going to happen in the castle, and an alliance with Chanell might be the last thing he did.
Quietly, he opened the library door and slowly entered the dark room filled with books. He couldn't see much in the thick darkness; all he could hear was someone breathing and the turning of pages. He followed those faint sounds. Suddenly, he noticed the faint glow of an oil lamp. It had to be her. He walked toward her.
In the corner, at a small table piled high with books, Chanell sat carefully studying the information contained in old tomes. The girl noticed Nick approaching her and looked up from the pages.
"At this time in the library?" she asked with a smile.
"I'm allowed to be here, compared to you." Nick replied coldly.
"Okay... I'll be going now, if I'm bothering you...
" "You're not bothering me.
" "So what's this about..."
"You know what it's about. I want to know, just like you. "
The girl looked at him with a slight twinge.
"Either together... or not at all. I want to know what's going on here," Nick stated firmly.
Chanell smiled, as if to herself, as if she knew that sooner or later the young teacher would come to her for help, for knowledge. With a gesture, she motioned for him to sit next to her.
"Are you sure you want to know everything?" she asked. "You might not like this."
"It doesn't matter. I want to know."
"Okay... let's start from the beginning... with the history of the castle. You couldn't get to it, you missed it for 300 years, and meanwhile, a certain someone carried this knowledge within themselves. It just so happens that vampires have the power to steal thoughts, dreams... and all knowledge. I took advantage of it. It doesn't matter who knew. Now I know. You want to know the history? You want to know? Then listen!
In 1642...
The next night, Nick met with Chanell in the courtyard on the fourth floor. They sat against a cold wall and talked.
"What does this 17th-century history have to do with today? Specifically, with us?" Nick asked.
"Well... to be honest, it doesn't really matter. But that's what you were looking for."
"I was looking for an answer, I was looking for a key!
" "The key lies under your nose. Just take it.
" "Is it a person?
" "Nick, I don't know everything! Or maybe you're the key, I don't know!
" "How will I find out who it is?
" "Well… according to legends… blood will flow down the walls… because blood is life and life is blood.
" "Blood has already flowed…
" "I heard. Destiny is beginning to be fulfilled. You don't have much time…
" "But… how do you open this door?
" "Only the key knows. I can't help you because I don't know.
" "Maybe I should go back there…"
"You won't find out if you don't try.
" "Okay, but… what exactly is behind that door?"
"Hmm… I don't know.
" "So you don't find out I let the devil himself out.
" "Oh, Nick! Relax! If you keep wondering, you'll never open it! Are you curious? Then go there!"
Nick looked at the girl. There was something strange in her eyes. Something that was pushing him into the abyss of darkness. But this thing drew him so much! He liked it so much, it excited him…
He and Chanell went to the door. To face their destiny, whatever it might be. Were they afraid? She… she felt a lot. But she hid her thoughts as best she could. And he… he felt respect, fear too…
He stepped closer to the great door. Gently, he touched the blood-soaked wood with his fingertips. It was still bleeding.
“And what now?
” “I don’t know.
” “What do the legends say?”
Chanell took a deep breath and began reciting:
“When the one destined comes, when he brings with him the key of the eternal fire, the secret knowledge will flow with the blood, and then the gates will open…”
“Is that all?
” “What else can I tell you?”
“I don’t know… they don’t open… maybe it’s not about me…?
” “Who?
” “I don’t know.
” Nick strained.
“We’re going back.”
“As you wish.”
He dreamed of Ray. She was dancing in her beautiful dress on the castle lawn. And then that shadow… this time Nick woke up in his bed. Ray was sitting next to him, looking into his eyes.
"What are you doing here?
" "I'm sitting.
" "I see that. Did something happen?
" "No… I don't think so.
" "So what are you doing here?
" "I already told you.
" "Ray…
" Nick hugged the girl. He felt wet tears streaming down her cheek.
"What's going on?" he asked, holding her close
. "I'm scared.
" "What?
" "You're not telling me anything… I don't know what's happening with you, with everyone else…
" "Ray… I'll tell you everything. You know I didn't want to worry you, and that's why I remained silent.
" "I worry when you don't say anything."
Tears streamed down the girl's cheek. Nick hugged her tighter and told her everything. Absolutely everything.
Evening. A magical time. The time followed by the black night, the source of all evil. Why night? Because evil isn't afraid of the dark, but humans are. Besides, at night, the entire castle sleeps…
Nick stood by the window. This time, he was looking at the sky. He used to look at the stars with Ray, up on the fourth floor, in the forbidden courtyard where they spent almost every night. And now… everything was wrong. Everything had changed. Time… had flown too fast…
Too much was happening. All this confusion in his head, caused by who-knows-what… he no longer felt as… strong as he used to. Now he was constantly tired, but not physically; it was his mind that sometimes failed him. He felt as if someone was guiding him.
Nick lay back in bed and stared at the ceiling, anything but the mirror. He closed his eyes. In the darkness, he saw Ray… dancing on the school turf. It happened again… he heard the door open.
"Ray…? Is that you?"
Only silence answered him. He sat down on the bed and stared into the darkness.
"Ray…?" He asked again.
"Would you like to, Ray?" A girl's voice answered.
Nick relaxed his tense muscles and settled more comfortably on the bed.
"Do you have a case, Chanell?
" "Do I have to have a case to visit you?
" "Usually you do. Besides, in the middle of the night, you should. I'm your teacher," Nick replied dryly.
The girl wasn't put off by this. She had grown accustomed to the boy's tone, and besides, she was immune to such things. She didn't much care who Nicolas was to her; after all, there wasn't much left in the world.
With fanciful, cat-like movements, she slowly made her way towards Nick. She wore a black silk robe that gleamed in the soft moonlight. Her bare feet moved almost silently towards the boy. She stood before Nick.
The pale glow of the night sky filtered into the room, illuminating both figures. Chanell leaned in and gently kissed Naick on the lips.
"Please, don't speak," she said firmly, pulling the boy toward her.
Her small hands roamed the teacher's body with precise gentleness, moving inch by inch, caressing every inch of skin.
Nick looked into the girl's eyes. He saw a bottomless depth in them, consuming his consciousness faster and faster. He saw blood in them… because blood is life, and life is blood… he was afraid it was his blood the girl wanted. He shuddered slightly as he felt Chanell's delicate lips travel across his chest. "Who the hell are you…?"
The girl took off her silk robe, revealing her assets. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight… her petite body glistened as if lubricated with some love oil. Her caresses… boundless pleasure…
Chanell's small hands glided over the boy's body, removing each garment. Nick's mind was swirling with thoughts, remorse for a mistake he hadn't yet made. He embraced her and let her do whatever he wanted… today belonged to her… whatever consequences he might face later…
They kissed passionately, making increasingly bold moves. They cared nothing. The moonlight illuminated their sweaty figures, lost in the incomplete act of pleasure. Their hearts were beating so hard as if desperately wanting to leave their bodies, their deep breaths quickened to the breaking point, the tension…
Ray stood in the open doorway. She stared in surprise at the would-be lovers. Tears instantly welled up in her eyes. Chanell cursed under her breath, and Nick…
"Ray…" he shouted as the girl ran up the hall. "Ray!"
The boy broke free from Chanell's embrace, wrapped a blanket around his waist, and ran after Ray.
She stood in the fourth-floor courtyard, facing the stone wall, sobbing bitterly. Nick approached her and tried to hug her, but she pushed him away. She looked at him with wet eyes full of boundless bitterness. A look full of reproach for her broken heart.
"How could you do this to me…?" she asked in disbelief, as if what she had just witnessed would end her life, as if it were a nightmare she would never wake up from.
"Ray… it's not what you think…" Nick explained slowly, clutching the blanket tied around his waist.
"What! Are you fucking this bitch and trying to convince me it's not like that?!
" "Nothing happened, you saw it yourself." That was the first and last time… Ray, please…
"Don't come near me! I don't want anything to do with you… I'm disgusted by you!
" "Ray… let me explain…
" "What are you trying to explain? There's no…
" "I love you, Ray. "
The girl stopped dead in her tracks.
"I'm serious. I love you. Even then… in the room… why do you think I kissed you? I don't kiss just anyone…
" "And yet you kissed her.
" "That's different. She has this hypnotic charm… you know how she is. She's no match for you," Nick whispered, standing in front of the girl.
She looked at him with tearful eyes, full of hope that it was a misunderstanding… but she'd seen it herself…
"Nick… how long have you been sleeping with her…?"
"Ray…
" "How long!" the girl screamed .
"For 15 minutes. That was the first and last time, and nothing else happened.
" "I loved you…
" "And I still love you." He placed his hand on her cheek.
He wiped away the fresh tears. He hugged her and kissed her.
It was the same situation as five years ago, except this time a different girl had fallen under the young teacher's spell, and he was older and more mature. He was ready to love. And he wanted it.
They lay naked on a blanket spread on the stone floor of the courtyard. A gentle breeze cooled their heated bodies, immersed in the bliss of love. They kissed, caressed each
other, made love... They were together, and it brought them wild pleasure. They savored each kiss as if it were the finest wine. They whispered declarations of love into each other's ears, fueling the heated atmosphere.
They made love until their exhausted bodies gave out. They fell asleep nestled against each other's naked bodies, covered only by the soft glow of the moon. Nothing could tear them from their bliss. That one magical night changed their lives forever; they lived only for themselves… because nothing happens twice…
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz